U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:37 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,097,392 times

Advertisements

By LAUREN GILGER, CHARLES GORRA, and BRIAN ROSS (@brianross)
Feb. 2, 2012

Stolen Babies? Mother Loses Four Kids - ABC News

The scars of childbirth were still healing on Amelia Reyes Jimenez's stomach in 2008 when police came to her Phoenix apartment and took her three-month-old daughter from her arms.

Three and a half years later, Reyes Jimenez and her four children have become statistics in the U.S. crackdown on illegal immigration. Each year thousands of children of undocumented immigrants, like Amelia's kids, wind up in foster care when their parents are arrested for immigration violations. Some are even adopted by U.S. citizens while their parents are held in federal detention centers or deported back to their native countries.
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection

Last edited by Yac; 02-03-2012 at 02:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 10:53 PM

913 posts, read 736,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
blah blah blah
My heart doesn't bleed for this criminal who knew that there was a possibility she would be separated from her anchor babies if she was caught by ICE.

What kind of "mother" would knowingly put her children in that situation?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 PM

3,855 posts, read 3,164,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
My heart doesn't bleed for this criminal who knew that there was a possibility she would be separated from her anchor babies if she was caught by ICE.

An Illegal Alien mother that's who.

Eventually bad things happen to those who don't follow and respect the laws. If she stayed where she belonged she wouldn't be in this situation.

For every Illegal alien sob story like this there is an equal one from an American family victimized by Illegal aliens.

Simple solution, stay the hell in your own country and you wouldn't be dealing with this.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,097,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post

Actually one child has appears to have vanished .... the 13 year old disabled son Caesar. I wonder how the police found out he was alone in the apartment?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:24 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,296,509 times
I really feel terrible for the children, for it is not their fault in any way. It is terrible, but is this a lesson learned or to be learned, to those who break laws willingly.

It is awful, but maybe this is a consequence that should be taught to all of those who so willingly and knowingly break the laws by coming here illegally. Is this fair to the children! these Mothers, need to ask themselves that very question. The children are innocent in this, and i do blame the parents.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:12 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,553,425 times
Once again another story that involves a disabled child.

Obviously someone reported them for child neglect - leaving the disabled child home alone. Americans who get reported for child neglect have child services breathing down their neck for months after the report is made if the child(ren) remain in the home. Children that are taken from the home end up with the same results, they get lost in the system.

All it takes is one child to anchor in the US. The income from one child isn't enought to feed 3 mouths, so continue to have children to up the welfare.

In cases such as this the parent(s) should be scheduled for immediate deportation and given the choice to either take their children back with them or surrender them to child services. More than likely surrender would be the first choice. At least it gives the children a chance for a better life if adopted. It appears that she chose to fight the case and had to know the consequences or possible outcome. She's working in Mexico so I guess there are jobs there, but not a government that would provide the "benefits" that the US does.

No mention of the father and where he is.

My heart goes out for the children who are the innocent victims and suffer because of the actions of their illegal parents.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:48 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,516 times
What the writer of the article failed to mention is that parents facing deportation have the choice of taking their children with them, unless the children have been removed from their care for some reason, like abuse, neglect, etc.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:49 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,862,625 times
ABC needs to edit that headline:

Stolen Anchor Babies? Illegal Immigrant Mother Loses Four Kids

The thing that upsets her the most is probably that her anchors couldn't keep her from deportation. Hopefully other would be crimmigrants will take notice....

Old 02-03-2012, 06:38 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
ABC needs to edit that headline:

Stolen Anchor Babies? Illegal Immigrant Mother Loses Four Kids

The thing that upsets her the most is probably that her anchors couldn't keep her from deportation. Hopefully other would be crimmigrants will take notice....
Crimmigrant: I like that.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,109,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Crimmigrant: I like that.
Criminalien works too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or