Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times

Advertisements

Teen Who Lost Family in Florida Pileup Won't Be Deported | Fox News Latino

Quote:
A 15-year-old undocumented immigrant whose family was killed in a Florida car wreck this past weekend will not be deported, according to immigration officials. ICE told reporters Lidiane Carmo, whose family immigrated from Brazil 12 years ago, has nothing to worry about.

"The Carmo family was in the United States illegally," said Alonso Oliveira, a family friend and pastor of the church, which caters to the Brazilian community. "The family wanted to obtain legal status but had no laws to help them do so."
Fact: She's illegal. Whatever happened, it would not have happened if they were where they belonged. Pack her up and ship her home!

The family did not "immigrate." They were lawbreakers who came into the US illegally. There's a difference and deporting her is part of the proper process.

There were no laws to help them just as there are no laws to help burglars enter my home and remove all of my posessions. The difference is that I can shoot a burglar if I find him inside the borders of my home.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Teen Who Lost Family in Florida Pileup Won't Be Deported | Fox News Latino

Fact: She's illegal. Whatever happened, it would not have happened if they were where they belonged. Pack her up and ship her home!

The family did not "immigrate." They were lawbreakers who came into the US illegally. There's a difference and deporting her is part of the proper process.

There were no laws to help them just as there are no laws to help burglars enter my home and remove all of my posessions. The difference is that I can shoot a burglar if I find him inside the borders of my home.
The kid needs to go HOME. Brazil is HOME.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
And she hasn't even given birth to an anchor baby yet?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
But, according to CNN, Florida Gov. Rick Scott visited the girl in the hospital and assured the family that all expenses, including the transportation of the bodies back to Georgia, would be taken care of. The governor's office has refused to comment on who would pick up the tab.
I'm guessing it's not Rick Scott who is paying the tab.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
I'm guessing it's not Rick Scott who is paying the tab.
Of course not! It's good ole Uncle Sucker, aka U.S. taxpayers. While I certainly feel for this girl, she belongs back in Brazil with her extended family. Who better to console and support her, than her loved ones? I don't understand why she would even want to remain here without her family.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course not! It's good ole Uncle Sucker, aka U.S. taxpayers. While I certainly feel for this girl, she belongs back in Brazil with her extended family. Who better to console and support her, than her loved ones? I don't understand why she would even want to remain here without her family.
Yup! These slimy politicians act so compassionate since they never have to foot the bill. So first the governor is excusing illegal behavior, now he is rewarding her and punishing legal tax payers? Outrageous.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And she hasn't even given birth to an anchor baby yet?
This girl MIGHT have some morals since her family were church people.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:27 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Or she might have some morals in spite of that fact. Remember, her parents were criminals who thought nothing of breaking laws to come here.

I hope she will get a nice trip HOME and wish her well AFTER she arrives there.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Well I doubt her parents were very moral or upstanding as they choose to break the laws of this country.

This case is a little more borderline since she doesn't have parents who should be deported with her, hopefully some citizen family would adopt her, at 15 she still needs parents, and they can sponsor her.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well I doubt her parents were very moral or upstanding as they choose to break the laws of this country.

This case is a little more borderline since she doesn't have parents who should be deported with her, hopefully some citizen family would adopt her, at 15 she still needs parents, and they can sponsor her.
You're right, I agree with you. Time for the legal Brazilians here to step up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration