U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

Illegal aliens want OUT of Mexico and CentAm but pull their dirty, immoral stuff here on top of simply living here against our laws. Hispanics as a group wonder why prejudice AND out and out HATE is becoming worse?!? Unless our Chicanos speak OUT against the illegal ones, the damage may be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Illegal aliens want OUT of Mexico and CentAm but pull their dirty, immoral stuff here on top of simply living here against our laws. Hispanics as a group wonder why prejudice AND out and out HATE is becoming worse?!? Unless our Chicanos speak OUT against the illegal ones, the damage may be done.
It will never happen. The polls prove that out.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:19 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It will never happen. The polls prove that out.
Thanks for saying that. Cold but true.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
Simple. Stop ALL child tax credits. Children suck up resources, what with free education, free meals at school, free medical for low income parents, etc. Why are we paying people to have kids? Why are my taxes going to pay for your kids but you get the tax credit? Stop it. That way they can't say it's racially motivated.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Simple. Stop ALL child tax credits. Children suck up resources, what with free education, free meals at school, free medical for low income parents, etc. Why are we paying people to have kids? Why are my taxes going to pay for your kids but you get the tax credit? Stop it. That way they can't say it's racially motivated.
Quote:
The Treasury Department reports that illegal immigrants filing tax returns using the Individual Tax Identification Number are receiving more than $1.5 billion each year from the federal government through the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit.

Quote:
An illegal immigrant cannot qualify for a legitimate Social Security number to use to file income tax returns or for any other purposes. Thus, a major facilitator for illegal immigrant access to income tax-based welfare benefits is the nine-digit Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) established by the IRS in 1996. It was initially established for people like foreign investors, who are required to file U.S. income tax forms but can not legally obtain a Social Security number. However, the IRS has allowed illegal immigrants to apply for and use the ITIN for filing income taxes returns related to income earned in the United States. Consequently, the ITIN quickly became a vehicle for illegal immigrants to obtain refunds of part or all of income taxes withheld (if any) from their pay and for obtaining refundable tax credits above and beyond any withholding. All but a small minority of people using ITINs today are illegal immigrants.2
Child Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants | Center for Immigration Studies

Last year alone illegals from Mexico scammed the US out of $40 million in EIC.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:16 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
...Last year alone illegals from Mexico scammed the US out of $40 million in EIC.
Source?...

Old 02-05-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Source?...
Google is your friend.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:51 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Google is your friend.
I just thought you would have some insight on the specificity of your claim...

For EITC it takes Social Security numbers for everyone in the household, if determined to be fraudulent, how is it linked to illegal aliens exclusively from Mexico?...

Google gives me nothing better than Rubenstein, whom I know is wrong, and no official data...

Old 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I just thought you would have some insight on the specificity of your claim...

For EITC it takes Social Security numbers for everyone in the household, if determined to be fraudulent, how is it linked to illegal aliens exclusively from Mexico?...
You're kidding right? You really know absolutely nothing about the US taxpayer system. It does not require everyone in a household having a SSN in order to file EIC.

As a former IRS tax fraud investigator, I am not at liberty to go into detail about how the EIC tax fraud was exclusively linked to illegals from Mexico. I will say this, there are systems in place that enables the IRS to track any and everyone who files a tax return, fake, stolen SSN, ITIN's included.

Quote:
Google gives me nothing better than Rubenstein, whom I know is wrong, and no official data...
Sorry to hear that.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
You're kidding right? You really know absolutely nothing about the US taxpayer system. It does not require everyone in a household having a SSN in order to file EIC.

As a former IRS tax fraud investigator, I am not at liberty to go into detail about how the EIC tax fraud was exclusively linked to illegals from Mexico. I will say this, there are systems in place that enables the IRS to track any and everyone who files a tax return, fake, stolen SSN, ITIN's included.

Sorry to hear that.
I have to second this. I think that they may have been thinking about something else on the return forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration