U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:20 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,427,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I have to second this. I think that they may have been thinking about something else on the return forms.
I find it hard to believe that someone who claims that they are an American citizen would not know this. There is no rule within the US tax code that specifies what IBM stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 07:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
You're kidding right? You really know absolutely nothing about the US taxpayer system. It does not require everyone in a household having a SSN in order to file EIC...
Direct from the IRS information:

"To qualify for EITC, you and your spouse, if filing a joint return, must have a valid Social Security Number or SSN issued by the Social Security Administration.

Any qualifying child listed on the Schedule EIC must also have a valid SSN unless the child was born and died during the year. You cannot use Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ATINs) to claim EITC..."
(http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=218765,00.html - broken link)

On IRS forms the information is generally listed that everyone within the household must each have valid Social Security numbers...

Quote:
As a former IRS tax fraud investigator, I am not at liberty to go into detail about how the EIC tax fraud was exclusively linked to illegals from Mexico. I will say this, there are systems in place that enables the IRS to track any and everyone who files a tax return, fake, stolen SSN, ITIN's included...
Then how come YOu told me a Google search would find the the information for YOur sourcing?...

Do YOu consider Edwin Rubenstein to be a valid "Economist" with no errors in the information he puts out?...

Old 02-05-2012, 08:01 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,344,190 times
Quote:
The real question is why are illegal aliens illegally and fraudulently filing tax returns which enables them to illegally collect billions annually.

Child Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants | Center for Immigration Studies

As a former IRS tax fraud investigator, I cannot go into detail but I will say this, as a country we are being raped annually because of tax fraud schemes perpetrated by illegal aliens. If you are a tax payer in this country you should be beyond outraged.

Oh i totally believe what your saying, do not care if anyone else does or not. I too have someone who works for the IRS, and believe you me, i hear the stories, of what illegalls pull.

Unfriggin believable the things that i hear, will not go into details either. If people only knew exactly what is happening, some would change their minds about illegals being here.

As American citizens who were born in this Country, are we ever going to take a stand! or going to let these people have their way with us.

People do make a difference u know. But we have to open our mouths up, loud and clear, and do it until someone listens.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I find it amusing that La Raza, a Hispanic advocacy group, is fighting on behalf of "all" illegals...but WE'RE the racist ones. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Think it's time that those of us born in this Country, start fighting for our rights, and make our message loud and clear. I think we should prtoest the groups fighting on the behalf of illegals.
Sorry this is a bunch of bologna, try pulling this shi- in Mexico, if you live to tell about it, yourr one lucky Person.
Time those of us against the illegal cause, need to take a stand. W.H. clearly not listening to any of us.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:43 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that someone who claims that they are an American citizen would not know this...
YOu should have checked the "systems" when YOu could, because I most certainly am a U.S. citizen...

Quote:
...As a former IRS tax fraud investigator, I am not at liberty to go into detail about how the EIC tax fraud was exclusively linked to illegals from Mexico. I will say this, there are systems in place that enables the IRS to track any and everyone who files a tax return, fake, stolen SSN, ITIN's included...
So, as a "former tax fraud investigator", why didn't we hear of YOur name testifying before Congress with that knowledge? Being aware of abuse of the taxes we are paying, but not being a whistleblower? Why put the burden that it is still happening on illegal aliens if YOu had that opportunity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh i totally believe what your saying, do not care if anyone else does or not. I too have someone who works for the IRS, and believe you me, i hear the stories, of what illegalls pull.

Unfriggin believable the things that i hear, will not go into details either. If people only knew exactly what is happening, some would change their minds about illegals being here.

As American citizens who were born in this Country, are we ever going to take a stand! or going to let these people have their way with us.

People do make a difference u know. But we have to open our mouths up, loud and clear, and do it until someone listens.
But apparently some aren't speaking up at all (except for here) about what they know...

Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 PM

14 posts, read 6,053 times
Only tax fraud LR was ever involved in was his own...

Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,572,318 times
Quote:

W.H. clearly not listening to any of us.
They're listening to you, they're just ignoring you and the rest of the population who thinks there is something truly wrong with the system. To act on what they hear would be an admission of government's failure.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
They're listening to you, they're just ignoring you and the rest of the population who thinks there is something truly wrong with the system. To act on what they hear would be an admission of government's failure.

I could buy this! and also government guilt!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Quote:
I could buy this! and also government guilt!
It's also political correctness run amok.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,127,848 times
LOL..does the IRS audit illegal alien tax returns ?
That would be a laugh in itself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration