U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,437,505 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Direct from the IRS information:

"To qualify for EITC, you and your spouse, if filing a joint return, must have a valid Social Security Number or SSN issued by the Social Security Administration.

Any qualifying child listed on the Schedule EIC must also have a valid SSN unless the child was born and died during the year. You cannot use Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ATINs) to claim EITC..."
(http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=218765,00.html - broken link)

On IRS forms the information is generally listed that everyone within the household must each have valid Social Security numbers...
The information on all IRS tax forms is NEVER general and ALWAYS specific. The IRS does not have a form stating:

"that everyone in the household must each have valid Social Security numbers"

What the form does state is that everyone filing a tax return must have either a valid ITIN or Social Security number. Please refrain from twisting the truth due to your lack of knowledge or for your convenience.


Quote:
Then how come YOu told me a Google search would find the the information for YOur sourcing?...

Do YOu consider Edwin Rubenstein to be a valid "Economist" with no errors in the information he puts out?...
You asked me to provide proof that illegal aliens from Mexico committed tax fraud last year which cost the American taxpayers $40 million, that is what I told you to Google. I told you to Google it because at one point there was a news article that backs up my first hand knowledge of this point and fact. If you couldn't find it as you claim, perhaps it is no longer on line. Unlike you I have no reason to make it up as I go along.

Just an FYI:

When you leave the employment of any government law enforcement agency you are bound to secrecy in terms of any and all confidential information, which includes but is not limited to how tax cheats are identified. Thus, I told you to Google public information to ascertain what I stated about $40 million in EIC refunds going to illegal aliens from Mexico. I am not in a position to divulge the information that you are seeking.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 02-06-2012 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,051,835 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
The information on all IRS tax forms is NEVER general and ALWAYS specific. The IRS does not have a form stating:

"that everyone in the household must each have valid Social Security numbers"

What the form does state is that everyone filing a tax return must have either a valid ITIN or Social Security number. Please refrain from twisting the truth due to your lack of knowledge or for your convenience.

You asked me to provide proof that illegal aliens from Mexico committed tax fraud last year which cost the American taxpayers $40 million, that is what I told you to Google. I told you Google it because at one point there was a news article that backs up my first hand knowledge of this point and fact. If you couldn't find it as you claim, perhaps it is no longer on line. Unlike you I have no reason to make it up as I go along.

Just an FYI:

When you leave the employment of any government law enforcement agency you are bound to secrecy in terms of any and all confidential information, which includes but is not limited to how tax cheats are identified. Thus, I told you to Google public information to ascertain what I stated about $40 million in EIC refunds going to illegal aliens from Mexico. I am not in a position to divulge the information that you are seeking.
So YOu can allude to the secret information, but not say it directly (sort of an employment charades)? If the IRS is aware of the fraud, and has "systems" to know the claim is invalid, why don't they screen the return better? That's institutional fraud, not that of the individuals.

YOu remember an article revealed the information, did you know whom (YOu don't have to say) provided that detail against YOur employment secrecy agreement?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,437,505 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So YOu can allude to the secret information, but not say it directly (sort of an employment charades)? If the IRS is aware of the fraud, and has "systems" to know the claim is invalid, why don't they screen the return better? That's institutional fraud, not that of the individuals.
Surely, you don't think I would make up my employment history to impress YOu?

YOu can believe me or not the choice is yours. One thing is for sure, your claims of citizenship aren't convincing anyone and you certainly don't know any of the rules that the average taxpayer should know in terms of filing taxes in the US.

Quote:
YOu remember an article revealed the information, did you know whom (YOu don't have to say) provided that detail against YOur employment secrecy agreement?...
YOu seem to have a problem with comprehension. Again I am a former tax fraud investigator for the IRS. Thus, while in their employ, I possessed security clearance and ran all of the investigative programs and software that was requested by the Special Agents and available to me as an IRS employee. In other words, my knowledge is first hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,051,835 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Surely, you don't think I would make up my employment history to impress YOu?

YOu can believe me or not the choice is yours. One thing is for sure, your claims of citizenship aren't convincing anyone and you certainly don't know any of the rules that the average taxpayer should know in terms of filing taxes in the US. ...
Basing YOur idea of whether someone is a U.S. citizen on their knowledge of tax forms is...

...different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
YOu seem to have a problem with comprehension. Again I am a former tax fraud investigator for the IRS. Thus, while in their employ, I possessed security clearance and ran all of the investigative programs and software that was requested by the Special Agents and available to me as an IRS employee. In other words, my knowledge is first hand.
YOu did say the $40 million was from "last year"? Are YOu referring to the 2011 or 2010 tax year? Just wondering how something like that could have popped up online, then disappeared, when I find things from 15 years ago easily.

I know of security clearance, I held different levels at times of my military service, but I'm not going to even allude to what level or the nature of why I had them...

Clearly, if you were aware that the data came up online, someone with the same clearance didn't take the agreement quite as seriously...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:30 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,437,505 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Basing YOur idea of whether someone is a U.S. citizen on their knowledge of tax forms is...

...different...



YOu did say the $40 million was from "last year"? Are YOu referring to the 2011 or 2010 tax year? Just wondering how something like that could have popped up online, then disappeared, when I find things from 15 years ago easily.

I know of security clearance, I held different levels at times of my military service, but I'm not going to even allude to what level or the nature of why I had them...

Clearly, if you were aware that the data came up online, someone with the same clearance didn't take the agreement quite as seriously...
Please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about "data" coming up online. Earlier this year there was a story online which stated $40 million in EIC was fraudulently obtained by illegal aliens from Mexico.

Specific/detailed investigative data obtained by IRS' investigative unit is never made public. TMI would only be advantageous to tax cheats. What I stated was that there was a story online with regards to the fact that illegal aliens from Mexico got away with 40 million in EIC. YOu have yet to realize that the key to reading is comprehension.

Unless YOu have something substantive to add to this discussion, I'm done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So YOu can allude to the secret information, but not say it directly (sort of an employment charades)? If the IRS is aware of the fraud, and has "systems" to know the claim is invalid, why don't they screen the return better? That's institutional fraud, not that of the individuals.

YOu remember an article revealed the information, did you know whom (YOu don't have to say) provided that detail against YOur employment secrecy agreement?...
Are you actually that naive? Yes, the IRS is aware of the fraud. Heck, they know illegals are using stolen SSNs, but they don't even notify the victims. However, their ineptitude does not absolve the perpetrators. Illegal aliens are raping this country, which is clearly evident by the 4.2 BILLION for ACTC, and the additional BILLIONS squandered on myriad other benefits and services. This is not opinion. It's a cold, hard, sickening FACT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,437,505 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you actually that naive? Yes, the IRS is aware of the fraud. Heck, they know illegals are using stolen SSNs, but they don't even notify the victims. However, their ineptitude does not absolve the perpetrators. Illegal aliens are raping this country, which is clearly evident by the 4.2 BILLION for ACTC, and the additional BILLIONS squandered on myriad other benefits and services. This is not opinion. It's a cold, hard, sickening FACT.
Exactly, and no amount of "here we go round the mulberry bush" is going to negate that reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,051,835 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about "data" coming up online. Specific/detailed investigative documentation obtained by IRS' investigative unit is never made public. TMI would only be advantageous to tax cheats. What I stated was that there was a story online with regards to the fact that illegal aliens from Mexico got away with 40 million in EIC. YOu have yet to realize that the key to reading is comprehension.

Unless YOu have something substantive to add to this discussion, I'm done.
YOur original statement said it was "last year". If Google indexes such an article (where it can be found with a Google search), that information is "online". Apparently in this case (for YOu to be aware that someone had posted it publicly, not YOur internal knowledge of the information itself), someone with an IRS security clearance put it up.

We aren't talking about details of the IRS "systems", but the data (still classified, because of its source) that is derived from them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,051,835 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you actually that naive? Yes, the IRS is aware of the fraud. Heck, they know illegals are using stolen SSNs, but they don't even notify the victims. However, their ineptitude does not absolve the perpetrators. Illegal aliens are raping this country, which is clearly evident by the 4.2 BILLION for ACTC, and the additional BILLIONS squandered on myriad other benefits and services. This is not opinion. It's a cold, hard, sickening FACT.
What keeps the gears on that system turning? Specifically on the EITC, why have criteria listed that is different from what is enforced? Why employ a "tax fraud investigator" that has to reveal details in an online forum instead of an ability to do it on their job?

What excuses the institutional fraud from occurring, and why isn't that the focus instead? Here on the forum it is announced as "this is what the illegal aliens do!", or defined as a "loophole". Can't someone knowing this detail testify to a closed session of Congress?

And if that level is complicit, then how can there even be hope of changing that system?...

There's a Cuban parable (put in the context of slaughtering livestock) that says the person holding the leg is as guilty as the one who cuts the neck. I'm perplexed by the description so far, and more explanation just seems to make it even more far-fetched. Why am I being called naive or lacking an understanding of what is happening if it is hidden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What keeps the gears on that system turning? Specifically on the EITC, why have criteria listed that is different from what is enforced? Why employ a "tax fraud investigator" that has to reveal details in an online forum instead of an ability to do it on their job?

What excuses the institutional fraud from occurring, and why isn't that the focus instead? Here on the forum it is announced as "this is what the illegal aliens do!", or defined as a "loophole". Can't someone knowing this detail testify to a closed session of Congress?

And if that level is complicit, then how can there even be hope of changing that system?...

There's a Cuban parable (put in the context of slaughtering livestock) that says the person holding the leg is as guilty as the one who cuts the neck. I'm perplexed by the description so far, and more explanation just seems to make it even more far-fetched. Why am I being called naive or lacking an understanding of what is happening if it is hidden?
Hidden? Nothing is hidden. I thought you said you already read the report from Treasury on the link I posted. If so, you would realize several recommendations have been presented to the IRS, many which were declined. It is very easy for them to squander other people's money, and maintain a lackadaisical attitude toward illegal alien fraud. Again, they know it's rampant, but they simply don't give a damn.

I also thought it was common knowledge that the IRS has issued billions of dollars in refunds to fraudulent filers for various purposes, including the ACTC. Again, they are inept, corrupt, and are facilitating illegal immigration. But, what's new? Just look at ICE, DHS, DOJ, Obama and prior presidents, as well as Congress. They're all complicit in this illegal immigration nightmare. For heaven's sake, open your eyes. This isn't a newsflash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top