U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Never a hint of thank you from them. Not for anything. You hear young illegals whine that we won't give them citizenship and paid college degrees. But you almost never hear them say thank you for the free k-12 education we gave them. Or for the fact that we usually haven't deported their criminal parents. Or the fact that we provided them with ESL services and often other things such as the very food on their tables via food stamps.

On some level I don't think they don't view Americans as people. They view us as faceless prey. Or Nazis. But definitely not people, let the sort of people who might deserve any respect.

It's ironic that illegals constantly whine that we don't even see them as humans. Yet they seem not to view us as fully human. We're not allowed to decide who lives here or set our own borders. We're apparently not allowed to decide who goes to our schools, works in our society, drives on our roads, uses our hospitals or even who gets our tax dollars.

We're just supposed to do learn Spanish, hand over our money and shut up.

Those Dream Act kids are playing with fire. If or when us Americans as a group have had enough, things WILL become very ugly for ALL illegal aliens and I wouldn't want to be around to see the results. It won't be pretty and that's NOT a threat: that a strong gut feeling here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Never a hint of thank you from them. Not for anything. You hear young illegals whine that we won't give them citizenship and paid college degrees. But you almost never hear them say thank you for the free k-12 education we gave them. Or for the fact that we usually haven't deported their criminal parents. Or the fact that we provided them with ESL services and often other things such as the very food on their tables via food stamps.

On some level I don't think they don't view Americans as people. They view us as faceless prey. Or Nazis. But definitely not people, let the sort of people who might deserve any respect.

It's ironic that illegals constantly whine that we don't even see them as humans. Yet they seem not to view us as fully human. We're not allowed to decide who lives here or set our own borders. We're apparently not allowed to decide who goes to our schools, works in our society, drives on our roads, uses our hospitals or even who gets our tax dollars.

We're just supposed to do learn Spanish, hand over our money and shut up.

Some of them hold a real resentment towards Americans especially the white variety over the past. Some of them are even citizens of this country. Do we really want to legalize those illegals who have that mindset? Certainly most of them wouldn't admit such feelings towards us but the resentment is there anyway. I live in Calif. and I hear this garbage all the time directly from the horse's mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM
 
14 posts, read 6,030 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
This illlegal alien has been living and working in the US for 14 years, has the money for a transplant, but no insurance and is not eligible for Medicare. He is refusing to go home to Mexico because they won't pay for his aftercare. Thus, he is all but demanding that US taxpayers provide him a lifetime of free dialysis and medical care.

Is this arrogance IYO?




Illegal immigrant denied transplant - YouTube
He has insurance and a donor. The argument is that he will require life long rejection drugs which are expensive and he will not be able to afford when his insurance runs out. The drug therapy is not available through the Mexican medical system.

Nor is long term dialysis available through the free system in Mexico.

Probably his best option is to obtain permanent residence and then citizenship if he can last long enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Never a hint of thank you from them. Not for anything. You hear young illegals whine that we won't give them citizenship and paid college degrees. But you almost never hear them say thank you for the free k-12 education we gave them. Or for the fact that we usually haven't deported their criminal parents. Or the fact that we provided them with ESL services and often other things such as the very food on their tables via food stamps.

On some level I don't think they don't view Americans as people. They view us as faceless prey. Or Nazis. But definitely not people, let the sort of people who might deserve any respect.

It's ironic that illegals constantly whine that we don't even see them as humans. Yet they seem not to view us as fully human. We're not allowed to decide who lives here or set our own borders. We're apparently not allowed to decide who goes to our schools, works in our society, drives on our roads, uses our hospitals or even who gets our tax dollars.

We're just supposed to do learn Spanish, hand over our money and shut up.

Spot on, especially the bolded. WE have been dehumanized. To them, we are merely a giant ATM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by succinct2 View Post
He has insurance and a donor. The argument is that he will require life long rejection drugs which are expensive and he will not be able to afford when his insurance runs out. The drug therapy is not available through the Mexican medical system.

Nor is long term dialysis available through the free system in Mexico.

Probably his best option is to obtain permanent residence and then citizenship if he can last long enough.
Please share your source. And, if true, how do Mexican citizens living in Mexico receive treatment? Do they ALL leave the country for dialysis and organ transplants?

Also, why should we pay for his "free" treatment in this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Lake Oswego, Manhattan, Aspen
3,135 posts, read 3,955,456 times
Reputation: 11035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please share your source. And, if true, how do Mexican citizens living in Mexico receive treatment? Do they ALL leave the country for dialysis and organ transplants?

Also, why should we pay for his "free" treatment in this country?
I think that "Mexico's Health Care System" consists of sending Mexicans to America for free health care.

Which leads me to wonder about this Reconquista thingie...

If the Reconquistadors "take back" the Southwest for Mexico, then who is going to give them free stuff? Do they think their American EBT Cards will still work, when California becomes part of Mexico? I don't think they're thinking this one through..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The hospital has a legitimate reason for denying the transplant. Organs are scarce, and they should not transplant an organ to a patient who does not have the wherewithal to maintain it. It would simply be a waste of a good organ that another in need could have. Furthermore, as an illegal alien, he should not have been on the transplant list in this country. I'm sure he has already received hundreds of thousands of dollars in kidney dialysis at U.S. taxpayers' expense. He should return to Mexico. Note, after 14 years he still doesn't speak English.

Apparently, CNN is having an illegal alien sob marathon. Boo Hoo.

Hmmmmmmmmm, 14 years and still does not know english! i agree with all that you say here. Organs are so very scarce, And should go to someone who truly needs it, that is a citizen. We seem to be going overboard at U.S. taxpayers expense at the hands of those who are in this Country illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I think that "Mexico's Health Care System" consists of sending Mexicans to America for free health care.

Which leads me to wonder about this Reconquista thingie...

If the Reconquistadors "take back" the Southwest for Mexico, then who is going to give them free stuff? Do they think their American EBT Cards will still work, when California becomes part of Mexico? I don't think they're thinking this one through..
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 07:19 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by succinct2 View Post
He has insurance and a donor. The argument is that he will require life long rejection drugs which are expensive and he will not be able to afford when his insurance runs out. The drug therapy is not available through the Mexican medical system.

Nor is long term dialysis available through the free system in Mexico.

Probably his best option is to obtain permanent residence and then citizenship if he can last long enough.
He's not an American citizen. He's no more entitled to access to our health care system than any other Mexican national. Less given his violation of our employment laws which ought to land him in an American jail cell, not give him permission to skip our immigration lines and cost American taxpayers money. His best option is to petition his fellow Mexicans to provide dialysis for him rather than having the nerve to whine that Americans won't.

Do you really think Americans should be forced to pay for kidney tranplants for Mexican citizens?



Millions of Americans lack access to health care because they can't afford it. Why should a single one of them be taxed to pay for the care of a criminal from Mexico? Why isn't this guy all over Mexican television demanding Carlos Slim (the world's richest man and a fellow Mexican) pay for his treatment instead of Joe America? Why don't illegals make demands on their country instead of ours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 07:26 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Mexico does kidney transplants.

Mexico is the 6th HIGHEST nation in number of kidney transplants. MORE than Sweden, and MORE than Belgium, MORE than Switzerland, MORE than Norway -- all those European nations whose health care systems we admire so, but Mexico is way ahead in number of transplants.

We simply cannot be the free drug store for the whole world, Mexico is a wealthy nation and there's no excuse for him not to seek care back home.

Transplants kidney statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top