U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,990,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Is this arrogance IYO?
Mexico is constantly proclaiming that all of its citizens are entitled to free healthcare. If he's in the USA illegally then send him home. Let Mexico meet its responsibility. Otherwise, you and I will be paying for the surgery and aftercare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfabuck View Post
I'm waiting for a transplant and would find it quite disturbing if someone illegal were able to get this procedure before me. I've done the right thing most of my life and I am very disappointed in our elected officials and some of the disgusting directions they force upon the rest of us.
I sincerely hope you get the transplant you need. Sadly, far too many citizens have died while waiting on transplant lists. I am sickened by the fact that a close friend died while waiting for a heart transplant during the same time an illegal alien girl from Mexico received TWO heart transplants, but due to a blood-matching error died. While I certainly am not celebrating the death of that girl, I am also outraged that two hearts were wasted. No illegal alien should receive an organ transplant while citizens are left to languish and die. There is something terribly wrong when a country offers life-saving procedures to people who have entered the country illegally, ahead of its own citizens.

Again, I wish you the best. Keep us posted.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,713,783 times
I'm continually amazed at the way people who support these illegals downplay the use of that word. "Illegal" means they aren't supposed to be here in the first place. How they manage to have rights in this country is nothing short of legerdemain.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't think doing the right thing is on most illegal's minds.
Sure it is. They want America to do the right thing - which is to take care of them. They do have "rights" you know. They are getting so many "rights" that they will have more rights than the US citizen.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM

1,691 posts, read 1,592,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The hospital has a legitimate reason for denying the transplant. Organs are scarce, and they should not transplant an organ to a patient who does not have the wherewithal to maintain it. It would simply be a waste of a good organ that another in need could have. Furthermore, as an illegal alien, he should not have been on the transplant list in this country. I'm sure he has already received hundreds of thousands of dollars in kidney dialysis at U.S. taxpayers' expense. He should return to Mexico. Note, after 14 years he still doesn't speak English.

Apparently, CNN is having an illegal alien sob marathon. Boo Hoo.
One of the more vile things I've read here. Not surprising, though.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:44 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Mexico is constantly proclaiming that all of its citizens are entitled to free healthcare. If he's in the USA illegally then send him home. Let Mexico meet its responsibility. Otherwise, you and I will be paying for the surgery and aftercare.
Agreed. Unfortunately, it looks like we will be stuck paying for his aftercare for the rest of his life.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:48 PM

8,161 posts, read 9,363,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That crook needs to be deported. We don't owe him anything else.
Agreed. Sorry illegal, I don't feel sorry for you. We have a list that is already far too long filled with legal citizens waiting for an organ. Go home and make your own govt deal with you.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
That illegal alien even TRYING to get a transplant here IS being vile. He needs to demand it from Mexico, his country, NOT the US.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:29 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
It's vile that 4,650 Americans will be allowed to die because those who get the scare organs are here illegally and can just report to political correctness to be given an organ ahead of the American citizens who need it.

It turns out the part about his wife donating one was just for the story, to gain sympathy. He's on a waiting list for a kidney. He will be one of the lucky 350 who get one, but it's okay that 4,650 Americans simply die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or