Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times

Advertisements

This illlegal alien has been living and working in the US for 14 years, has the money for a transplant, but no insurance and is not eligible for Medicare. He is refusing to go home to Mexico because they won't pay for his aftercare. Thus, he is all but demanding that US taxpayers provide him a lifetime of free dialysis and medical care.

Is this arrogance IYO?

Illegal immigrant denied transplant - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 04:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
The hospital has a legitimate reason for denying the transplant. Organs are scarce, and they should not transplant an organ to a patient who does not have the wherewithal to maintain it. It would simply be a waste of a good organ that another in need could have. Furthermore, as an illegal alien, he should not have been on the transplant list in this country. I'm sure he has already received hundreds of thousands of dollars in kidney dialysis at U.S. taxpayers' expense. He should return to Mexico. Note, after 14 years he still doesn't speak English.

Apparently, CNN is having an illegal alien sob marathon. Boo Hoo.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The hospital has a legitimate reason for denying the transplant. Organs are scarce, and they should not transplant an organ to a patient who does not have the wherewithal to maintain it. It would simply be a waste of a good organ that another in need could have. Furthermore, as an illegal alien, he should not have been on the transplant list in this country. I'm sure he has already received hundreds of thousands of dollars in kidney dialysis at U.S. taxpayers' expense. He should return to Mexico. Note, after 14 years he still doesn't speak English.

Yes, and the claim is always that they do assimilate. If he doesn't know English after 14 years he hasn't assimilated.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
I wonder whose SSN or ITIN he's been using all of these years.

The fact that he needed a translator after living and working here for 14 years is simply breathtaking. In addition to expecting US taxpayers to foot the bills for his dialysis I'm sure he'll want citizenship, and an interpreter to complete the fulfillment of his demands.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:46 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:

Pardon me for sounding cruel, but, I don't think im going to cry over this
very much today. Maybe tomorrow, but, I just don't think it's going to happen even then.

What is amazing is the arrogance of these people. Their total disreguard
for the country they invaded, combined with thier "me first" attitude is
astounding. I4 years here and he still can't speak english ? Says alot
about the guy right there.

CNN, ABC and CBS are all amnesty advocates, so, I don't think the sob stories will abate any time soon. At least they finally shut up about the
Dream Act.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I wonder whose SSN or ITIN he's been using all of these years.

The fact that he needed a translator after living and working here for 14 years is simply breathtaking. In addition to expecting US taxpayers to foot the bills for his dialysis I'm sure he'll want citizenship, and an interpreter to complete the fulfillment of his demands.
I wouldn't be surprised if some pandering politician isn't already drafting a bill in his name. It will propose that all illegal aliens requiring organ transplants will qualify for placement at the front of the line for legalization and a path to citizenship.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:57 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
I sort of feel sorry for the guy that he has such severe health problems.

But I wonder if he understands just why so many Americans hate people like him? He doesn't speak English after over a decade in this country. I mean really. HE DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH. Who the hell moves to a foreign nation, lives there for a prolonged period and makes not the slightest effort to make life easier for the natives by learning their language? An illegal, that's who! They're just so rude and lazy and arrogant and obnoxious. An American who lived in Mexico for over a decade but didn't speak Spanish would be freely mocked in the media and frankly rightfully so. But somehow he and his ilk just feel no need at all to make any sort of effort of any kind.

He's also probably violating multiple American laws including employment and laws against driving without a license. He's freely admitting this in the media. So much for staying in the shadows terrified that we'll send them home!

This isn't a question of papers. It's about responsibility. People like him want the right to come to America even after we said no. But they don't want to assume any sort responsibility to obey any of our laws or learn our language. And if something bad happens to them they really do expect us to fix it, even if it costs a lot of money. Worse, they whine we dare even think that way.

Millions of our own citizens lack health care. Can we send them to Mexico and ask the Mexicans to pay for their medical care? Where is his Mexican government, anyway? Why aren't his fellow Mexicans taking to the streets to demand their own citizens fund dialysis and kidney transplants for their fellow Mexicans?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Pardon me for sounding cruel, but, I don't think im going to cry over this
very much today. Maybe tomorrow, but, I just don't think it's going to happen even then.

What is amazing is the arrogance of these people. Their total disreguard
for the country they invaded, combined with thier "me first" attitude is
astounding. I4 years here and he still can't speak english ? Says alot
about the guy right there.

CNN, ABC and CBS are all amnesty advocates, so, I don't think the sob stories will abate any time soon. At least they finally shut up about the
Dream Act.
Yes, extreme arrogance and an unwavering sense of entitlement. But, there is never an ounce of gratitude. I'm sick of it.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:12 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Yes, extreme arrogance and an unwavering sense of entitlement. But, there is never an ounce of gratitude. I'm sick of it.
Never a hint of thank you from them. Not for anything. You hear young illegals whine that we won't give them citizenship and paid college degrees. But you almost never hear them say thank you for the free k-12 education we gave them. Or for the fact that we usually haven't deported their criminal parents. Or the fact that we provided them with ESL services and often other things such as the very food on their tables via food stamps.

On some level I don't think they don't view Americans as people. They view us as faceless prey. Or Nazis. But definitely not people, let the sort of people who might deserve any respect.

It's ironic that illegals constantly whine that we don't even see them as humans. Yet they seem not to view us as fully human. We're not allowed to decide who lives here or set our own borders. We're apparently not allowed to decide who goes to our schools, works in our society, drives on our roads, uses our hospitals or even who gets our tax dollars.

We're just supposed to do learn Spanish, hand over our money and shut up.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
That crook needs to be deported. We don't owe him anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration