U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
His comparison of illegal immigration in the U.S. to the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany is right? Are we sending illegals to concentration camps to be exterminated? The mere notion of comparing such an atrocity to the coddling illegal aliens receive in this country is beyond ludicrous. Illegals receive the bashing they deserve. If they don't like the treatment, they are free to leave. Did the Jews have that choice?
It truly is the most ridiculous statement made by a pandering politician yet. On so many levels, illegal aliens are treated far better than American citizens. So much so it is beyond embarrrassing.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,855,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When, during this occasion did he say that? I re-read the article, and I don't see it. Please quote.
During one of the early debates. I'll see if I can find a video clip, it was before Bachmann dropped out, so before the Iowa primary.

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/border-security/

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi...l_Immigration/

As to "this occasion", IMO, it means little. I've already stated that the comparison was less than ideal. You can try to pick "gotcha" moments for any candidate but Ron Paul's message of removing welfare benefits and amnesty for illegals has been one of consistancy.

Throughout history different groups have been use as scapegoats. Ron Paul is pointing this out. We should be holding our government accountable for not enforcing its laws rather than making the historical mistake of using scapegoats. IMO, this is the point he was making. YMMV

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-07-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 02:24 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
He's right
No he isn't. He's pandering to an ethnic group and that's all he's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm Jewish and even have holocaust survivors in my family.

I'm no fan of Paul, but his point is well taken. Hispanics absolutely are the scapegoats for hard economic times.

Actually, the parallels are eerily similar. "They" are stealing our jobs. "They" don't want to assimilate. "They" are trying to shove their values and beliefs down our throats.

Perhaps you should take a step back and actually read some of the things written in this forum.
I'm Jewish and I also have holocaust survivors in my family.

He's disgusting.

Jews weren't sneaking into Germany, pushing down the wages of ordinary Germans and demanding that Germans finance their decision to immigrate there. If hispanics and their leaders don't want to share any of the blame for the current economic crisis they should stop siding with people who want to invade this country and treat the people here like nothing more than pocketbooks in the middle of a nasty recession. Illegals, particularly the kind from Mexico and Guatemala who constitute the vast majority of illegals, do steal jobs from our least able citizens. Most of them do not speak English or respect the values of this country like staying in school or not having babies if you cannot afford them. Most illegals are high school drop outs from Mexico who have numerous children, do not speak English and violate multiple American laws everyday of their lives. It is not "scapegoating" to point this out.

You cannot compare their voluntary actions with that of Jews who were fully assimilated into German society, spoke German and contributed economically to that society. They were pushed into ovens and gassed because German was run by bat**** crazy people. Asking Mexicans to return to Mexico and stop violating American laws is not even remotely closely similar to murdering six million Jews. It is psychotic and ignorant to imply otherwise.

Perhaps you should take a step back and actually read up on this issue before commenting on it. Do you really think America is akin to Nazi Germany?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:28 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,734,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm Jewish and even have holocaust survivors in my family.

I'm no fan of Paul, but his point is well taken. Hispanics absolutely are the scapegoats for hard economic times.

Actually, the parallels are eerily similar. "They" are stealing our jobs. "They" don't want to assimilate. "They" are trying to shove their values and beliefs down our throats.

Perhaps you should take a step back and actually read some of the things written in this forum.
Didn't Heman Cain call for eletrocuting them? Haven't anti-immigrant pundits supported intermittent camps?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:30 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
this was a powerful and unexpected move from ron paul, i agree with most of what he says, enough to where i wont stop supporting him for president and btw he just made a very very good move.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:40 PM

From the Florida debates:

Ron Paul on illegal immigration CNN Florida Republican Debate 1/26/12 - YouTube

earlier debate:
GOP candidates spar over immigration, health care
Quote:
9:56 p.m. ET
Paul says "no free education, no subsidies, no citizenship" for illegal immigrants.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:50 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Ron Paul's days are numbered, no wins so far, a crazy foreign policy and now this.

By super Tuesday Ron Paul will be old( literally) news. Just look where Hispandering got Perry and Gingrich.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not falling for your strawman. He didn't say that, he said they were being scapegoated, which is true.
You and I rarely have agreed but upon this we do.

From the OP's link:
Quote:
He said it’s “part of human nature” for newcomers to be shunned, but that prejudice toward outsiders worsens when unemployment is high.
Quote:
“When things go badly, individuals look for scapegoats,” he said.

“I just do not believe that barbed-wire fences or guns on our border will solve any of our problems,” he added

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1ljfCOeXu

Take these statements, the statements he has made in debates and his positions from his website and Ron Paul is being consistant.

Using emotional intellegence instead of being reactionary and looking for a reason to be offended is important in one's critical analysis of a candidate.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:53 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,734,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Ron Paul's days are numbered, no wins so far, a crazy foreign policy and now this.

By super Tuesday Ron Paul will be old( literally) news. Just look where Hispandering got Perry and Gingrich.
Gingrich called Spanish the language of the ghetto, I don't think that qualifies as Hispandering.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Quote:
Gingrich called Spanish the language of the ghetto, I don't think that qualifies as Hispandering.
You got that wrong, Gingrich also went to bat for senior citizen Mexican criminal illegals with his sob story about illegal alien grandmothers that were here ILLEGALLY for 25 years.

And how they lived here ILLEGALLY for a quarter century and that they should not be deported.

Yes 2 1/2 decades of breaking numerous laws and Gingrich wants to reward them, obviously you didn't watch the debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration