U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,948,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Like I said, it's not just illegally immigration people have a problem with.
Yes, it is indeed the illegal aspect that people have the problem with our government failing to enforce in regard to our laws and that which the taxpayers end up subsidizing as a result of that failure.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:03 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Just because you don't actually kill Latinos doesn't mean that some of the comparisons aren't apt.

To be fair, I don't think Latinos are the only ones to be singled out. I think America is going through another anti-immigrant phase in its history, similar to what occurred in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries.
Please share a few comparisons between our treatment of illegal aliens, and the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany. I'm not talking about "they stole our jobs." I mean REAL comparisons.

Illegal aliens are being accommodated in every way, shape, and form. We are paying for their children to attend our schools, their prenatal care, hospital bills, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, interpreters, legal defense, to name a few. So, please explain how they are being treated as scapegoats, especially comparable to Jews in Nazi Germany.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,483,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
His comparison of illegal immigration in the U.S. to the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany is right? Are we sending illegals to concentration camps to be exterminated? The mere notion of comparing such an atrocity to the coddling illegal aliens receive in this country is beyond ludicrous. Illegals receive the bashing they deserve. If they don't like the treatment, they are free to leave. Did the Jews have that choice?
It's not just illegal immigrants who are being scapegoated, it's many legal Hispanics born and raised here.

The hatred isn't reserved just for illegals.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Didn't Heman Cain call for eletrocuting them? Haven't anti-immigrant pundits supported intermittent camps?
No, Herman Cain did not! He said he wanted an electrified fence. Only if you were stupid enough to touch it would you be zapped but not electrocuted. It was meant to be a deterrant to illegal entry not a death measure. Who's anti-"immigrant" and I don't recall anyone supporting intermant camps other than as a temporary holding place until deportation takes place.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It's not just illegal immigrants who are being scapegoated, it's many legal Hispanics born and raised here.

The hatred isn't reserved just for illegals.
And, why do you think there is such growing disdain? The majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, and they are costing us multiple billions of dollars, not to mention other aspects of their illegal presence. To add insult to injury, they march in our streets DEMANDING legalization and every right and privilege reserved for citizens. Rather than opposing illegal immigration, most legal Hispanics are their staunchest supporters, simply due to shared ethnicity. And, they label all who dare oppose "their people" as racists, haters, xenophobes, nativists, Nazis, the list goes on. . . .

If more Hispanic citizens and legal immigrants would voice opposition to illegal immigration, they would not find themselves on the receiving end of the anger and resentment felt by citizens who are sick and tired of our immigration laws being ignored, and our taxes being squandered.

I am black. But, you will NEVER hear me defend black criminals, black ignorance, black out-of-wedlock births, or ANY negative aspect of Black America. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, period.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:16 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times
Quote:

At a senior center in East Las Vegas, the Texas congressman told about 100 Hispanics that they have been unfairly made “scapegoats” for the country’s economic troubles.

He said that illegal immigrants were being scapegoated in a manner similar to Jews in Nazi Germany because of tough economic times.

Ron Paul says Latinos are being made 'scapegoats' - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com
Quote:
He's right
Then YOU need to show us proof of the concentration camps, ovens, that sort of thing. Maybe you think forced deporting of illegal aliens is Nazi like. Jeez.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We want to curb it coming from all one Country.
Quote:
Like I said, it's not just illegally immigration people have a problem with.
Favoring Mexico over another country IS unfair. It's time to really slow down or even stop immigration from Mexico so other countries like Ghana, Philippines, Germany, Italy, Argentina and others can have a shot at aliens coming here legal.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
And, why do you think there is such growing disdain? The majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, and they are costing us multiple billions of dollars, not to mention other aspects of their illegal presence. To add insult to injury, they march in our streets DEMANDING legalization and every right and privilege reserved for citizens. Rather than opposing illegal immigration, most legal Hispanics are their staunchest supporters, simply due to shared ethnicity. And, they label all who dare oppose "their people" as racists, haters, xenophobes, nativists, Nazis, the list goes on. . . .

If more Hispanic citizens and legal immigrants would voice opposition to illegal immigration, they would not find themselves on the receiving end of the anger and resentment felt by citizens who are sick and tired of our immigration laws being ignored, and our taxes being squandered.

I am black. But, you will NEVER hear me defend black criminals, black ignorance, black out-of-wedlock births, or ANY negative aspect of Black America. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, period.
You know that and I know that. Try explaining that to people who in love with their illegal aliens buddies.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You and I rarely have agreed but upon this we do.

From the OP's link:

Ron Paul says Latinos are being made 'scapegoats' - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

Take these statements, the statements he has made in debates and his positions from his website and Ron Paul is being consistant.

Using emotional intellegence instead of being reactionary and looking for a reason to be offended is important in one's critical analysis of a candidate.
It is normal for "newcomers" to be shunned? I would hardly call illegal aliens "newcomers". We already have millions of legal/citizen Latinos in this country. They are hardly newcomers.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I remember that. I didn't see that as pandering, more as being moderate. Just because someone isn't a fervent anti-immigrant doesn't mean they are Hispandering. There are mediums and a middle ground, as Ron Paul exhbits.
Why do you keep using the term anti-"immigrant" when the correct one is anti-illegal alien? There is a huge difference, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration