Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:52 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Lets all boycott Mexico. Americans should no longer support Mexico in tourism or anything else.
Are you going to also boycott your fruits and veggies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 05:54 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you going to also boycott your fruits and veggies?
I grow my own, and my family have been farmers for 100 years so I get the rest from them, they are now fully automated, which should be the case. Someday others will catch on.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:15 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Yeah let's boycott Mexico...talk about making someone laugh.

You people do realize it is not the Mexicans that caused the illegal problem right?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Yeah let's boycott Mexico...talk about making someone laugh.

You people do realize it is not the Mexicans that caused the illegal problem right?
No they didnt cause it, but they sure as hell contribute!!! happily too.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No they didnt cause it, but they sure as hell contribute!!! happily too.
How happy would you be living with 10 other people in an 1 bedroom apartment? You think these people are happy?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
How happy would you be living with 10 other people in an 1 bedroom apartment? You think these people are happy?
I lived in Phoenix, they sure looked happy, drinking their coronas and playing their music and having fiestas nightly. Didnt seem to sad to me. They drove a new navigator as well and yelled lovely sexual sayings at me!!( yes I understand spanish) It is how they live in Mexico, it is ok and quite normal to live with your extended family. Me I would kill someone.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I lived in Phoenix, they sure looked happy, drinking their coronas and playing their music and having fiestas nightly. Didnt seem to sad to me. They drove a new navigator as well and yelled lovely sexual sayings at me!!( yes I understand spanish) It is how they live in Mexico, it is ok and quite normal to live with your extended family. Me I would kill someone.
In every culture there are "trash", it comes with white people too. Sorry that happened to you, but I don't think it is the norm. You are greatly trying to generalize all mexicans.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
In every culture there are "trash", it comes with white people too. Sorry that happened to you, but I don't think it is the norm. You are greatly trying to generalize all mexicans.
Actually, I never called them trash more of an unwillingness to treat us with respect and consider our feelings and traditions. And there this was the norm, as it is here and in DC where I lived and in Oregon where I was born. Because I am what I guess you would call "attractive" I get it all the time, especially when I am on the jobsite. Yes it is mostly hispanic that do it, the "white guys" are much more tackfull in their approach. Much to my husbands displeasure.

I have many many many hispanic friends, all legal that were either born here or came over legally years ago. I know what they are like they treat me with respect as I do them. I have joined many fiestas and had a good time.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Oh give the education thing a rest, if some are so smart then reading what we type type should not be an issue. I have carpal tunnel so excuse my short hand and spelling errors.
And I am not boycotting Mexico, although I will never vacation there but that is for other reasons.
Too bad, my wife and I went to Ensenada a month ago..had a wonderful time and were treated with great respect.

You can buy a house for 300k on the beach there; golf course, gated, 85 degrees year around, rent it and make a killing.

Instead of boycotting Mexico, I will buy property there and make money off of them .

Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Too bad, my wife and I went to Ensenada a month ago..had a wonderful time and were treated with great respect.

You can buy a house for 300k on the beach there; golf course, gated, 85 degrees year around, rent it and make a killing.

Instead of boycotting Mexico, I will buy property there and make money off of them .
I have read and been told that Americans cannot own property there.

And I have been to Mexico twice, both horrible experiences, but not because of the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration