U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,913,790 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
I guess you need to study immigration law Anyone who is in ICE custody
whether he is a legal immigrant or illegal immigrant is prosecuted under the same law Washington Times is a pro conservative paper and is just twisting the facts
Is USA Today also "twisting" the facts?

House Judiciary Committee Topics Page - USATODAY.com

There is no denying the FACT that Obama has appointed Andrew Lorenz-Strait to advocate on behalf of illegal aliens. This is beyond shameful, and makes a mockery of our laws and our sovereignty. We have untold millions of foreign interlopers brazenly living in this country, draining our taxes, victimizing citizens, and in response, the PRESIDENT uses OUR tax dollars to pay for their protector. Talk about a big ole slap in the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 997,962 times
Reputation: 369
The post says we are civilized because we help illegal aliens GO BACK where they came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2012, 11:47 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 997,962 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is USA Today also "twisting" the facts?

House Judiciary Committee Topics Page - USATODAY.com

There is no denying the FACT that Obama has appointed Andrew Lorenz-Strait to advocate on behalf of illegal aliens. This is beyond shameful, and makes a mockery of our laws and our sovereignty. We have untold millions of foreign interlopers brazenly living in this country, draining our taxes, victimizing citizens, and in response, the PRESIDENT uses OUR tax dollars to pay for their protector. Talk about a big ole slap in the face.
They're already entitled to a taxpayer funded lawyer. Wasn't that enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 997,962 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Again, bull. Help them return? We did not ask them here or help them come here. The "born here" nonsense should not make any difference. Can they take care of themselves when their illegal parents are not here?

Then, once again, perhaps they should not be here. It is not "civilized" to cut our own throats.
Yes, help them return. It's called deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,609,638 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
I guess you need to study immigration law Anyone who is in ICE custody
whether he is a legal immigrant or illegal immigrant is prosecuted under the same law Washington Times is a pro conservative paper and is just twisting the facts
Go back and read post #17, in particular the text highlighted in quotes. What is being done is basically giving legal aid/representation for ILLEGALS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2012, 06:48 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,042,881 times
Reputation: 3602
[quote=Liquid Reigns;22909606]Bull?
Quote:
The "born here non-sense"? I thought the point was even if the children were born here they should be sent back with the parent(s) and they should not be recognized as US born citizens. It is "civilized" to not separate families as suggested by Annemieke Roell, keeping them together in their home nations is what many want.
Wrong. They should not be recognized here as citizens. Those illegals coming here and having children, thinking that entitles them to stay are not entitled to what you consider "civilized" treatment. They are criminals.

Quote:
What you seem to be implying is that these children will be taken care of by the US here if their parent(s) are deported because you think these children are US Citizens, thus the parent(s) need to stay here with their US Citizen children and should not be deported. This would be cutting our own throats.
Quit try to put motivations of your own onto me. The children should not be taken care of by the US. They are not citizens, no matter how much you wish it to be so. It only further points out how the pro-illegals are trying an end around of our laws. Thus, cutting our own throats.

If you can't deal with this, it is your problem. Don't try putting bad motivations (imagined by you) on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,727,347 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Wrong. They should not be recognized here as citizens. Those illegals coming here and having children, thinking that entitles them to stay are not entitled to what you consider "civilized" treatment. They are criminals.



Quit try to put motivations of your own onto me. The children should not be taken care of by the US. They are not citizens, no matter how much you wish it to be so. It only further points out how the pro-illegals are trying an end around of our laws. Thus, cutting our own throats.

If you can't deal with this, it is your problem. Don't try putting bad motivations (imagined by you) on others.
You are very obtuse in your comments, I would suggest you re-think your claims about what is being said. I'm one of the ones in here arguing that WKA does NOT grant BRC, nor does Plyler.

1) I never said they were US Citizens (you have implied so much with your mis-understanding of the comments). They all need to be sent back from whence they came. Look at that - we all agree.

2) I never said the children should be taken care of by the US (again you implied as much with your mis-understanding of the comments). They need to go with the parents back to the nations their parents came from. Look at that - we all agree again.

You have simply failed in comprehending what all has been stated (Benicar understood it once pointed out and so did softblueyz; Even Jayarcy is telling you to re-read everything - get a clue already), I suggest you simply try again after fully reading and fathoming what is being stated.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 02-09-2012 at 08:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,458,794 times
Reputation: 5895
[quote=Arjay51;22917783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Bull?

Wrong. They should not be recognized here as citizens. Those illegals coming here and having children, thinking that entitles them to stay are not entitled to what you consider "civilized" treatment. They are criminals.



Quit try to put motivations of your own onto me. The children should not be taken care of by the US. They are not citizens, no matter how much you wish it to be so. It only further points out how the pro-illegals are trying an end around of our laws. Thus, cutting our own throats.

If you can't deal with this, it is your problem. Don't try putting bad motivations (imagined by you) on others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You are very obtuse in your comments, I would suggest you re-think your claims about what is being said. I'm one of the ones in here arguing that WKA does NOT grant BRC, nor does Plyler.

1) I never said they were US Citizens (you have implied so much with your mis-understanding of the comments). They all need to be sent back from whence they came. Look at that - we all agree.

2) I never said the children should be taken care of by the US (again you implied as much with your mis-understanding of the comments). They need to go with the parents back to the nations their parents came from. Look at that - we all agree again.

You have simply failed in comprehending what all has been stated (Benicar understood it once pointed out and so did softblueyz; Even Jayarcy is telling you to re-read everything - get a clue already), I suggest you simply try again after fully reading and fathoming what is being stated.
It sounds like you 2 got your wires crossed a bit. Both of you DON'T want illegal aliens here, I don't want them here at all. Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top