Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2007, 08:22 AM

799 posts, read 2,164,377 times

Advertisements

How did this get voted in? Who approves this? Where is the money coming from? How come Taxpaying Americans are denied help but this goes through?
When is our nation going to stand up and say "If you have a problem being asked if you are a citizen, then go away." You would not get help like this in Mexico. They would let you die on the streets.

This is OUR money, it comes from OUR taxes. The next election needs to be ALL about this, because they slid all this in, while distracting so many people with the Iraq war.

Check this out. U.S. Is Linking Status of Aliens To Hospital Aid - New York Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,464,100 times
Quote:
Hispanics are less likely to have health insurance than other racial and ethnic groups. The Census Bureau says that 32 percent of Hispanics are uninsured, compared with 20 percent of blacks and 11 percent of non-Hispanic whites. Among Hispanic noncitizens, the proportion is even higher. About 55 percent are uninsured, the bureau says.

Immigrants can significantly affect public health. The foreign-born population accounts for a growing share of tuberculosis cases in the United States -- 53 percent of the 14,871 cases reported last year, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Quote:
Some public hospitals say the federal money will cover only 10 percent to 15 percent of the costs they incur providing emergency care to undocumented immigrants.
Your tax dollars at work.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:12 PM

543 posts, read 1,225,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
How did this get voted in? Who approves this? Where is the money coming from? How come Taxpaying Americans are denied help but this goes through?
When is our nation going to stand up and say "If you have a problem being asked if you are a citizen, then go away." You would not get help like this in Mexico. They would let you die on the streets.

This is OUR money, it comes from OUR taxes. The next election needs to be ALL about this, because they slid all this in, while distracting so many people with the Iraq war.

Check this out. U.S. Is Linking Status of Aliens To Hospital Aid - New York Times
Sounds to me like the Gov wants the hospitals to do their dirty work.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:58 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,665,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post

We have hospitals closing because Washington makes ER's treat illegal aliens free of charge. When the hospitals close citizens with insurance can't get required medical attention.

Of course, the solution is to put the military on the border and start rooting out the infestation, but very few elected representatives in Washington are willing to do what's right. They prefer instead to do what's politically correct.

In one hundred years, the USA will be nothing more than a suburb of Mexico. And our greatgrandchildren will wonder just how we ever let it happen.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:22 PM

447 posts, read 796,220 times
you know what makes me angry? when i hear that a billion dollars of our hard earned money is going to the illegal's heathcare, when my husband a victim of a violent crime committed by one of these illegals cannot afford to go to the doctor, though he has insurance provided by his boss , and ends up having to live in pain from the injuries the illegal caused him, and we cannot afford insurance for me and my two sons, because the cost is over five hundred dollars a month just in premiums alone....where does this make any sense to anyone?
who is going to help us pay my husbands medical bills? not victims repriation, not welfare...not even the restitution the judge ordered the illegal to pay, becasue he has never paid a dime...
and like others who have posted on other subjects, i am sooooo tired of this i could scream!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration