U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-05-2007, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Midwest
799 posts, read 1,920,733 times
Reputation: 216

Advertisements

Remember during the last election when President Bush defended the illegals, saying they had "family values" and who could fault someone for coming up here to make more money if they could? Well...I fault them. I fault them for lowering our wages and taking our jobs. I fault the companies who hire them. I fault our government for letting this happen and get so far out of control. I fault our government for even considering "Guest Worker Visas" or any other form of legitimizing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2007, 09:50 AM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,698,831 times
Reputation: 731
Default head in the sand

Not sure if gangs, murder, drugs, disregard for law, dwi and other offenses count as "family values". Never heard Bush talk about that huh?

Last edited by ducter; 09-05-2007 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: misspelled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2007, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,010 posts, read 31,965,939 times
Reputation: 30400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Not sure if gangs, murder, drugs, disregard for law, dwi and other offenses count as "family values". Never heard Bush talk about that huh?
dont forget child molestation. remember the 28 yr old illegal in the triple shooting in Newark?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2007, 11:32 AM
 
64 posts, read 119,683 times
Reputation: 48
You do know that many of the Hispanic gangs in this nation are comprised of legal citizens as well?

It isn't only "illegals," we've let in millions of third worlders from Latin America, each year, since the 1970s. It's not only 'illegal aliens' it is the legal immigrants we allow in that leech of us, refuse to assimilate and bring up crime. Much like many MS-13 members came here when there was an amnesty for those fleeing some sort of natural disaster.

We're our own worst enemy, it's both legals and illegals. We need to bring in the best and brightest, not those who drain our system and pump out kids for added benefits. We have enough home grown gang members (countrywide, for gang statistics only about 13% of gang members are White, this is as disproportional as our crime rate!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2007, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Midwest
799 posts, read 1,920,733 times
Reputation: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromTN View Post
You do know that many of the Hispanic gangs in this nation are comprised of legal citizens as well?

It isn't only "illegals," we've let in millions of third worlders from Latin America, each year, since the 1970s. It's not only 'illegal aliens' it is the legal immigrants we allow in that leech of us, refuse to assimilate and bring up crime. Much like many MS-13 members came here when there was an amnesty for those fleeing some sort of natural disaster.

We're our own worst enemy, it's both legals and illegals. We need to bring in the best and brightest, not those who drain our system and pump out kids for added benefits. We have enough home grown gang members (countrywide, for gang statistics only about 13% of gang members are White, this is as disproportional as our crime rate!)
People keep trying to do the "Its's not just the illegals" thing, but it doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
 
537 posts, read 312,420 times
Reputation: 182
Yeah, Bush told us that family values did not stop at the Rio Grande. he was and is right because their family values, the raping and killing of young children and of course the wonderful family value of teaching their children that America belongs to them and that they n eed to HATE any and all Anglos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Montana
114 posts, read 303,199 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
Remember during the last election when President Bush defended the illegals, saying they had "family values" and who could fault someone for coming up here to make more money if they could? Well...I fault them. I fault them for lowering our wages and taking our jobs. I fault the companies who hire them. I fault our government for letting this happen and get so far out of control. I fault our government for even considering "Guest Worker Visas" or any other form of legitimizing this.

But don't you know??? Illegals families are more important than mine and yours and every other citizen/legal out there LOL

They are given the green light for a "better life" at the expense of mine and yours other others family/livelihood since they are so much more important pppffttt


IMPEACH BUSH/CHENEY (and then deport their butt w/o their bank accounts to Mehico)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Midwest
799 posts, read 1,920,733 times
Reputation: 216
I agree!!
the new worker class
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top