U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
As an illegal, technically and legally he isn't eligible for anything if one went by the law. But, there is a new term "American but undocumented", so that makes illegals eligible for everything government has to offer them.

Now he has medical insurance for the next 18 months, yet to be paid.

You get no argument from me. But then we both know that when it comes to illegal aliens receiving special treatment in America, technicalities is nothing more than a word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 10:46 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
You get no argument from me. But then we both know that when it comes to illegal aliens receiving special treatment in America, technicalities is nothing more than a word.
And, I think I know why he's on the transplant list. Given his "special" status, they want to have additional organs available in case he rejects his wife's kidney. They certainly can't treat him like a citizen who would have to hope and pray for a successful transplant. They can't risk a problem, because then, La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF and probably the ACLU, would file a multi-million dollar lawsuit claiming gross negligence due to his "undocumented" status.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:51 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Kidney transplants don't come by easy. My gripe is what if their were an American Citizen that needed that kidney as well. Who is paying for this Us. Seems to me if they are illegals, break our laws, commit crimes here, but we cater to them, when it really matters, should we not do the same thing dang it for our citizens.

But we cannot really come down on those who break our laws, the illegals, because should we not have politicians in the W.H. who should care about this matter. Those in power, should show us American Citizens, that being born in this Country, really does count for something. Right now, appears not, illegals have gamed the system.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:58 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, I think I know why he's on the transplant list. Given his "special" status, they want to have additional organs available in case he rejects his wife's kidney. They certainly can't treat him like a citizen who would have to hope and pray for a successful transplant. They can't risk a problem, because then, La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF and probably the ACLU, would file a multi-million dollar lawsuit claiming gross negligence due to his "undocumented" status.
Sadly, you are 100% correct. Either way it is a win, win situtation for them and the illegals who are sure to come with transplant demands in the future. Americans on the waiting list will simply wait at the back of the line in SOL status.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 PM

12,172 posts, read 6,699,365 times
Guess we can add this to that itemized list of "where my tax dollars go" they are discussing in the POC forum.

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 02-10-2012 at 10:34 PM..

Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
What's sick is that you have a problem with somebody getting a life-saving kidney transplant.

Remember: but for the grace of God go I.

Repeat to self.

fine, after his kidney transplant is done, deport him back to mexico.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I'm rather suspicious about that wife's kidney. Not very likely she just happened to have the perfect HLA match. Unless he married his sister?

More likely she offered a kidney but isn't a match so he will get a kidney that will be denied an American citizen instead.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 PM

Oh yes, I see that my suspicions are correct:

UCSF still may do Jesus Navarro kidney transplant

Navarro, originally from Mexico, has been waiting for a kidney for six years and undergoes nightly dialysis. His wife, Karen, hopes to be able to donate a kidney.

While UCSF officials would not go into detail, they did assure Navarro and his supporters this week that he had not lost his position on the waiting list and that they would work with him to develop a plan that would allow him to move forward with surgery.

UCSF has about 5,000 patients on the waiting list, and the hospital is able to transplant fewer than 350 a year.

The real problem, according to transplant organizations, is that there are too many people waiting for too few organs.

Waiting list????? Didn't they first claim that he would get a kidney from his wife? If so there would be no need for him to be on any waiting list.

This criminal illegal who has no respect for the laws of this country is going to get a kidney that an American citizen will not get. And the scumbags lied about his wife donating the kidney. An illegal gets to be one of the 350 (along with other illegals) who get a kidney, tough luck for the other 4,650 who will go without.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:25 PM

And how many people will be much LESS likely to donate organs, their own or their children, knowing that as American citizens, they would have far less chance of getting an organ if they needed one than foreigners living here illegally who will of course need the government to pay for their medicines?

It's all become nothing but political correctness, let the American patients die but cater to the illegals. 5000 people in one hospital need a kidney, only 350 will get one - how many of those 350 are here illegally?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm rather suspicious about that wife's kidney. Not very likely she just happened to have the perfect HLA match. Unless he married his sister?

More likely she offered a kidney but isn't a match so he will get a kidney that will be denied an American citizen instead.
I had that same suspicion. And, now I see how this disgusting plot thickens. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh yes, I see that my suspicions are correct:

UCSF still may do Jesus Navarro kidney transplant

Navarro, originally from Mexico, has been waiting for a kidney for six years and undergoes nightly dialysis. His wife, Karen, hopes to be able to donate a kidney.

While UCSF officials would not go into detail, they did assure Navarro and his supporters this week that he had not lost his position on the waiting list and that they would work with him to develop a plan that would allow him to move forward with surgery.

UCSF has about 5,000 patients on the waiting list, and the hospital is able to transplant fewer than 350 a year.

The real problem, according to transplant organizations, is that there are too many people waiting for too few organs.

Waiting list????? Didn't they first claim that he would get a kidney from his wife? If so there would be no need for him to be on any waiting list.

This criminal illegal who has no respect for the laws of this country is going to get a kidney that an American citizen will not get. And the scumbags lied about his wife donating the kidney. An illegal gets to be one of the 350 (along with other illegals) who get a kidney, tough luck for the other 4,650 who will go without.
There are 5,000 patients on the waiting list. Yet, an illegal alien, someone who has no right to be here, goes to the front of the list? What the hell is wrong with this country? This really boils my blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or