U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2012, 12:22 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Reputation: 26673

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
What's sick is that you have a problem with somebody getting a life-saving kidney transplant.

Remember: but for the grace of God go I.

Repeat to self.
I don't have a problem with him getting a transplant.

I do have a problem with him turfing out a US citizen or legal immigrant who is also on the transplant list due to his criminal presence in the US. I also have a problem with the already-overburdened residents of California being forced to subsidize his care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2012, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Illegal kidney donations? Illegals donate kidneys?

This entire situation was brought about due to failed attempts at playing politics by illegal alien advocates. and from here This part puts it all into perspective
Indeed it was. As usual, they tried to portray him as the innocent victim of the mean-spirited people of this country, who would deny a "dying man" an organ solely on the basis of his immigration status. Only monsters could be so cold.

Quote:
On Thursday, both UCSF officials and Navarro said much of the controversy has been a misunderstanding.
A misunderstanding? There was no misunderstanding; only lies and hyperbole intended to tug at the heartstrings of all "decent" people, and to demonize all with enough functioning brain cells to see through this ruse. I don't believe anyone wants this man to die. However, he has a country, fully capable of providing the transplant and treatment he needs. We are not the healthcare system for the world, and the needs of our own citizens should be our priority.

If he is truly dying, Change.org and other illegal alien advocates should be vigorously petitioning the Mexican government to provide the transplant he so desperately needs. Why aren't they? I'll tell you why -- because that wouldn't support their amnesty agenda. After all, if we would simply legalize this poor soul and others like him, Medicaid (U.S. taxpayers) would then cover the costs to maintain a transplant.

I can't imagine a U.S. citizen living illegally in Mexico to actually expect its citizens to provide an organ, and then foot the bill for the expensive postoperative treatment and lifetime maintenance. They would be outraged at such gall, and would ridicule this country for failing to provide for its citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Reputation: 26673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Indeed it was. As usual, they tried to portray him as the innocent victim of the mean-spirited people of this country, who would deny a "dying man" an organ solely on the basis of his immigration status. Only monsters could be so cold.



A misunderstanding? There was no misunderstanding; only lies and hyperbole intended to tug at the heartstrings of all "decent" people, and to demonize all with enough functioning brain cells to see through this ruse. I don't believe anyone wants this man to die. However, he has a country, fully capable of providing the transplant and treatment he needs. We are not the healthcare system for the world, and the needs of our own citizens should be our priority.

If he is truly dying, Change.org and other illegal alien advocates should be vigorously petitioning the Mexican government to provide the transplant he so desperately needs. Why aren't they? I'll tell you why -- because that wouldn't support their amnesty agenda. After all, if we would simply legalize this poor soul and others like him, Medicaid (U.S. taxpayers) would then cover the costs to maintain a transplant.

I can't imagine a U.S. citizen living illegally in Mexico to actually expect its citizens to provide an organ, and then foot the bill for the expensive postoperative treatment and lifetime maintenance. They would be outraged at such gall, and would ridicule this country for failing to provide for its citizens.
Yup...this country is going third-world in a hurry and the illegals aren't helping. I think their continued presence here (and the FALSE insistence by companies that they need illegal labor because we won't do those jobs) is helping to destroy the middle class.

Once you get rid of America's middle class, we're done for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzbug View Post
That would of course remove the illegals from the 350 where they are represented out of proportion. So you would leave 50 or 100 hundred people to die so you could feel good about getting rid of the illegals?

Note that they will also be underrepresented on the recipient lists do to their demographics. So proportionately you will kill more citizens. That turn you on?
Don't know where you're getting your information but you're wrong. Illegals are not donating organs. Just like their reasons for having so many babies at 13, 14 years of age and unwed motherhood, it comes down to their religion. Hispanics don't donate because they claim the Catholic Church dos not allow it.

Hispanic organ donation: impact of a Spanish-language organ donation campaign.

Hispanic Americans have a substantial need for organ transplants and are underrepresented among organ donors, yet very little is known about how to increase available donors in this community

Many Hispanics hesitant about organ donation | Reuters

Hispanics, especially first- and second-generation Mexican-Americans, are less likely to donate organs than Americans as a whole, according to organ donation experts.

In South Texas where Latinos make up the vast majority of 1.4 million residents organs from just 19 individuals were donated in 2010, according to the alliance. The overall U.S. average is about 26 organ donors per million, Perez said.

Thirty-one percent of organ donors across Texas in 2010 were Hispanic, while new census figures show that 42 percent of the state's population is Latino.

Latinos' reticence about organ donation centers on religion, said Nuvia Enriquez, Hispanic outreach coordinator for the Donor Network of Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 09:04 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Apparently it's taboo for hispanics to DONATE organs but they do want to be first in line when it's time to RECEIVE the organs.

Organ donation is taboo for Hispanics | VOXXI

Hispanics make up a majority of the people awaiting organ transplants, yet donation rate among the group is low. The reason is tied to religious myths.

There are 50.5 million Hispanics in the U.S. In states like California they are the largest group on the transplant list, but only make up 14 percent of registered donors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,552,655 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Apparently it's taboo for hispanics to DONATE organs but they do want to be first in line when it's time to RECEIVE the organs.

Organ donation is taboo for Hispanics | VOXXI

Hispanics make up a majority of the people awaiting organ transplants, yet donation rate among the group is low. The reason is tied to religious myths.

There are 50.5 million Hispanics in the U.S. In states like California they are the largest group on the transplant list, but only make up 14 percent of registered donors.
Apparently it's not taboo to destroy one's liver with drugs and alcohol. It's taboo to donate, but not taboo to take someone else's liver. Talk about pick and choose. It's not taboo to have children out of wedlock either. What religion are they following? or would that be a cult?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top