U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why do you state the son had to know? He changed his identity before coming to the US and lived a double life. You presume an awful lot. That kid just found out his entire life has been a lie because his father has lied about who he is to his son for the entirety of his life. What you see as excuses I see as a son in shock and total disbelief not knowing who his father is or who he is.
"...Maher told his son that they would have to leave again and threatened to kill the person who tipped the police off about his identity..."

The son had to know his father was a fugitive at some level, with the behavior and statements of moving around. He's excusing his father's criminal life, in the face of irrefutable facts. Illegal possession of weapons, coupled with threats to murder anyone revealing his true identity, show an extremely dangerous persona.

This case needs to be fully investigated to why family and employment around this illegal alien would look the other way without reporting what they knew about him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2012, 02:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"...Maher told his son that they would have to leave again and threatened to kill the person who tipped the police off about his identity..."

The son had to know his father was a fugitive at some level, with the behavior and statements of moving around. He's excusing his father's criminal life, in the face of irrefutable facts. Illegal possession of weapons, coupled with threats to murder anyone revealing his true identity, show an extremely dangerous persona.

This case needs to be fully investigated to why family and employment around this illegal alien would look the other way without reporting what they knew about him...
Yes, and that's exactly what should be done with all illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"...Maher told his son that they would have to leave again and threatened to kill the person who tipped the police off about his identity..."

The son had to know his father was a fugitive at some level, with the behavior and statements of moving around. He's excusing his father's criminal life, in the face of irrefutable facts. Illegal possession of weapons, coupled with threats to murder anyone revealing his true identity, show an extremely dangerous persona.

This case needs to be fully investigated to why family and employment around this illegal alien would look the other way without reporting what they knew about him...
Please explain why this "illegal alien" case is so unusual. Isn't it the norm for family, friends, and supporters to "look the other way" or try to justify and defend illegal alien crimes? Why does this particular illegal elicit such outrage from you, yet you consistently defend Mexican illegals who are guilty of similar, or even more egregious behavior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 07:15 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please explain why this "illegal alien" case is so unusual. Isn't it the norm for family, friends, and supporters to "look the other way" or try to justify and defend illegal alien crimes? Why does this particular illegal elicit such outrage from you, yet you consistently defend Mexican illegals who are guilty of similar, or even more egregious behavior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please explain why this "illegal alien" case is so unusual...
Why did you quote "illegal alien"? He had a driver's license illegally, worked without authorization, and possessed weapons illegally. All in Missouri, which is supposed to show more scrutiny so that illegal aliens can be detected.

If not for the anonymous tip, the authorities never would have had a clue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Why did you quote "illegal alien"? He had a driver's license illegally, worked without authorization, and possessed weapons illegally. All in Missouri, which is supposed to show more scrutiny so that illegal aliens can be detected.

If not for the anonymous tip, the authorities never would have had a clue...
Because, to my knowledge, this is the first time you have used that term. As a matter of fact, when polled, you did not select "illegal alien." Remember, your preference is "other" -- which, of course, you refused to disclose.

Again, why such disdain for this man, and not the majority of illegals? At least he didn't steal BILLIONS from U.S. taxpayers, unlike those you daily defend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please explain why this "illegal alien" case is so unusual. Isn't it the norm for family, friends, and supporters to "look the other way" or try to justify and defend illegal alien crimes? Why does this particular illegal elicit such outrage from you, yet you consistently defend Mexican illegals who are guilty of similar, or even more egregious behavior?
You said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...At least he didn't steal BILLIONS from U.S. taxpayers, unlike those you daily defend.
Is he part of the illegal alien collective, or not?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Is he part of the illegal alien collective, or not?...
I see you're still dodging my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2012, 01:48 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why do you state the son had to know? He changed his identity before coming to the US and lived a double life. You presume an awful lot. That kid just found out his entire life has been a lie because his father has lied about who he is to his son for the entirety of his life. What you see as excuses I see as a son in shock and total disbelief not knowing who his father is or who he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What the son did NOT know is what his father allegedly did and was a fugitive...
Hmmm, his son did know, because the new wife of his son knew, and turned him in:

The daughter-in-law who turned in captured British fugitive Edward Maher is trying to claim $158,000 in reward money... ...Jessica King turned Maher in to authorities in southwest Missouri this month... ...Maher, 56, is being held on a charge of being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm... ...[Jessica] King recently learned from her husband, Lee King, about Maher's background...


Do we get to charge the son with aiding and abetting?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top