U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
gizmo980: you can blame illegal aliens for making ALL people speaking Spanish suspect. Just like if MOST illegal aliens were Gaelic speaking Irish, I'd be watching my back. It is what it is.

Love the scare tactics....truth is if you anti-illegals met an actual illegal immigrant you'd do zero. All you folks do is whine on message boards and your message isn't even addressed in the presidential debates. Nobody has or cares about anyone's back.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:46 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Well, The Lord's Prayer is to God, and does ask for Him to not lead us into temptation...
God gives us the free will to either obey his commandments or not. And we had better be prepared to pay the consquences if we don't.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Haha... then clearly you haven't read many threads here, as I've read those very words myself from certain members.
No, you haven't. There are other factors that were mentioned by most that would indicate someone is here illegally. It was never claimed that language alone was the deciding factor just that it raises the radar.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Love the scare tactics....truth is if you anti-illegals met an actual illegal immigrant you'd do zero. All you folks do is whine on message boards and your message isn't even addressed in the presidential debates. Nobody has or cares about anyone's back.
Oh, so you have a crystal ball that tells you what we would and wouldn't do? "Ass"uming is never a good thing. Our message isn't being addressed at the presidential debates? Are you kidding me? Guess you haven't watched any of the Republican ones then. Speaking of whining that is all I read on every lefty, ethnocentric website. They can't even stand a difference of opinion and they ban you.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Here when we see people talking in Spanish; especially if they look like a maid, construction worker or gardener, we see them as being probably here illegally since so many Spanish speakers ARE here against the law. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Sheesh.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 AM

11,102 posts, read 12,803,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
Uhhhh...if I was going to sneak into any country,it dang sure would be a better country than the US has became.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Here when we see people talking in Spanish; especially if they look like a maid, construction worker or gardener, we see them as being probably here illegally since so many Spanish speakers ARE here against the law. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Sheesh.
>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"Ass"uming is never a good thing.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
>>>>
The claim was made that speaking Spanish alone was the criteria for guessing someone is here illegally. That's simply not true. The probably of it increases when other things are factored in.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The claim was made that speaking Spanish alone was the criteria for guessing someone is here illegally. That's simply not true. The probably of it increases when other things are factored in.
OK what jobs do LEGAL Spanish speaking people hold?

You would have to discern between the 2, to claim a probability.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
OK what jobs do LEGAL Spanish speaking people hold?

You would have to discern between the 2, to claim a probability.
Speaking for myself there would be more than language usage and employment for me to be convinced that someone is here illegally. However, as the red flags go up with each factor so does the probability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration