Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,777,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
truth is if you anti-illegals met an actual illegal immigrant you'd do zero.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I have reported illegal immigrants. My grandson's father (on a green card), and his sister and her daughter were illegal. Sister and daughter lived with him and was out of the apartment in less than an hour when they heard I reported them. Grandson's father threatened to have me and my husband killed (idiot left the threat on my message machine) and now has an active case against him for deportation because of certain activity in his past (I once posted on C-D his background). I can't wait to be waving bye-bye to him. His sister is still underground and his niece recently married an American citizen (I'm sure becoming a citizen has nothing to do with it. ) And they aren't Mexican/hispanic!!!

To report an illegal for just being in the country illegally is merely an exercise. It doesn't go anywhere and as is well known, the government protects them. Illegals seem to have more rights than a citizen. What I won't do is hire an illegal or would I hire a contractor that hires illegals.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,320 times
Quote:
Love the scare tactics....truth is if you anti-illegals met an actual illegal immigrant you'd do zero. All you folks do is whine on message boards and your message isn't even addressed in the presidential debates. Nobody has or cares about anyone's back.
I'm a Dem and I'm not voting for my Dem senator for re-election because he's an ethnocentric nationalist. I'm also not donating money to his campaign as I did last time.

The real scare tactics are those of illegals. They and their supporters keep threatening with pols with the alleged power of the hispanic lobby. Yet most voters aren't hispanic. Pols who put the needs of foreign nationals and their ethnocentric supporters above the needs of most American citizens will face the consequences.

Even for all of Obama's kow-towing to the likes of La Raza he's still deported hundreds of thousands of illegals.

FYI, I'm about 90 percent sure Sears employs illegals. I'm fairly sure they sent one such moron to my house a few years ago to attempt to install a washer-dryer. Dumb-dumb spoke a handful of words of English and could not figure out how to bring the washer-dryer to my basement. He managed to ding the washer on one side and then repeated a handful of words to me all the while chattering away in Spanish to a co-worker with an equally confused look in his face who didn't even speak any English. The only thing he said to me was "que es el bano?" Multiple phone calls later I finally got Sears to not only replace the dinged appliance but to send someone who spoke English and did the job in about five minutes.

I have not set foot in Sears since.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,552,022 times
Quote:
Love the scare tactics....truth is if you anti-illegals met an actual illegal immigrant you'd do zero. All you folks do is whine on message boards and your message isn't even addressed in the presidential debates. Nobody has or cares about anyone's back.
Keep believing we don't take action and only post on message boards. For your information, I personally reported an illegal (a friend of an acquaintance), and I know for a fact she was deported. Of course, I pretended to be shocked when her friend told me the devastating news. While I can't accept full credit for her deportation, because others may have dropped a dime as well, the fact remains, I reported her, and now she's gone.

And, if I have the pleasure of meeting other friends of illegals, I will gladly do the same. After all, illegals have become so emboldened they no longer believe they need to stay in the shadows. Who knows? Perhaps I'll hit the jackpot and actually "befriend" a group of illegals. I'll give them an award-winning sympathetic performance.

As for the presidential debates, are you serious? If you're gauging progress against illegal immigration by a few entertaining presidential debates, you're delusional.

BTW, why do you think CIR and the DREAM Act continue to be defeated?

Last edited by Benicar; 02-17-2012 at 12:24 PM..

Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,256,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
No. I've lived in other countries as an immigrant and as a citizen (I have citizenship in more than one country) and I'm currently investigating how to emigrate to Canada, since I'd like to have that option open to me if things get a lot worse here since the countries where I have citizenship would be worse options than the U.S.

I'd NEVER break the laws. Never have, never will, unless it was a matter of life and death...which is what asylum laws are for. I don't have a problem with genuine refugees seeking asylum here.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:39 PM

475 posts, read 507,593 times
If i was struggling in my country and life was hard of course i would do it.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
No. I've lived in other countries as an immigrant and as a citizen (I have citizenship in more than one country) and I'm currently investigating how to emigrate to Canada, since I'd like to have that option open to me if things get a lot worse here since the countries where I have citizenship would be worse options than the U.S.

I'd NEVER break the laws. Never have, never will, unless it was a matter of life and death...which is what asylum laws are for. I don't have a problem with genuine refugees seeking asylum here.
I totally agree with you and my husband and I have spoke about moving to Canada also (legally of course). I am at the point depending on how things go in this country in a year or so seriously considering to do so.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,844,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I totally agree with you and my husband and I have spoke about moving to Canada also (legally of course). I am at the point depending on how things go in this country in a year or so seriously considering to do so.
YOu may not easily find an immigration category to do so...

Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
If i was struggling in my country and life was hard of course i would do it.
Something's in the air: more and more Mexicans are thinking twice about coming here illegally these days. Too expensive with the coyotes and too great a chance of being caught and deported plus many places WON'T hire anymore unless the person passes E-verify. I said Mexicans since most illegals ARE from Mexico and many Central Americans say they're "Mexican" to ward off a long distance deportation.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:15 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,256,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know about where you are, but north Texas is turning into a third-world hellhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Something's in the air: more and more Mexicans are thinking twice about coming here illegally these days. Too expensive with the coyotes and too great a chance of being caught and deported plus many places WON'T hire anymore unless the person passes E-verify. I said Mexicans since most illegals ARE from Mexico and many Central Americans say they're "Mexican" to ward off a long distance deportation.
Wouldn't know it by looking around here...seems there are more illegals than ever.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,773,368 times
I almost had to sneak back in when I mislaid my military ID. Kinda scary. There's no place like home.

As for feeding a family-- as if there are millions of them here for political asylum-- I seriously doubt that. Make some money here, bring it and your skills home to build up your country would have made sense. But this other gig of running away from their problems there and importing them here-- I've had quite enough of that.

We need a better plan than importing illegal immigrant poverty and exporting (offshoring/ "free to be a pirate" globalization) wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.