U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 AM

12,766 posts, read 12,744,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then if I get arrested and thrown in jail from the cops for being here illegally, I'd deserve it. So I'd expect the same from any other illegal alien here.
So in a situation in which you had to choose between starving and trying to live in another country, you believe that you would deserve prison for it? Seriously?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Not my problem. We have our own poor people here. Let Mexico man up and take care of its own place.
It's your problem that you make claims without the education to back them up. If I called you a crack addict without knowing you, would you take me seriously in the same way that you expect me to take you seriously on claims you know nothing about?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:25 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Nor I, but all jokes aside, the US is by far the main consumer of illegal drugs from Mexico.
Proof please. Several yours ago you'd probably be right, now I'm not so sure sine so many Mexican drugs now go to Europe.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
So in a situation in which you had to choose between starving and trying to live in another country, you believe that you would deserve prison for it? Seriously?
Yes if I was any sort of man.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
It's your problem that you make claims without the education to back them up. If I called you a crack addict without knowing you, would you take me seriously in the same way that you expect me to take you seriously on claims you know nothing about?
It's well known that Mexico is one of the richest countries in the world: let Mexico take care of it's poor people. If it means Carlos Slim and his rich homies losing some money; good.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Proof please. Several yours ago you'd probably be right, now I'm not so sure sine so many Mexican drugs now go to Europe.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...elds/2086.html

Scroll down to the Mexico and US descriptions. Mexico is the largest US supplier of foreign marijuana and methamphetamines, and the US is the largest consumer of Mexican heroin, as well as Columbian heroin that comes up through Mexico.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:33 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
And there are two main reasons why Mexicans are moving back:
1. The economy tanked in the US.
2. Conditons in Mexico are gradually improving, giving fewer people less reason to immigrate in the first place, and more people reason to make a go of it in their home nation.

Economics was always the reason for illegal immigration.

That still has no bearing on the OP.
1) its easier to make in 1 day what it would take to make in Mexico in 1 week
2) conditions in Mexico were actually better 10-20 years ago.

Again, coming to the USA was a rite of passage for males, it gave them faster riches to support a family back home, to become higher in their class status, nothing more.

I defined "desperate" in my comment as pertaining to the OP and then refuted it based on 2 links. "Desperate" is in fact the wrong word to use. Desperate would entail selling off everything you own in order to survive, doing things you yourself would do instead of paying a coyote to get across (how can you spend money you don't have?), etc.

To answer the OP, one would have to define what desperate is to them. Simply being without "food and shelter" isn't a justification to many here as commented, as once you get to this supposed new country, you would still be without food and shelter. There is no gaurantee of finding work here, unless you know somebody. So, again, the OP leaves much to the desire as to what desperate really is and for whom considers only food and shelter as being a valid reason to move thousands - tens of thousands of miles away from home with absolutely nothing and actually surviving. Reason stands alone that one would simply not do that.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Yes if I was any sort of man.
Why would you be less of a man for trying to survive? Why would you feel the need to be punished for it? This isn't like you murdered some innocent. You made a decision not to starve. That doesn't exactly scream criminal to me, but I'm curious why it does to you.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:34 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
IBM: this I'll say: it wouldn't be wise for the cartels to NOT really start stuff here in the US. You think there's prejudice against Mexicans now: it'll get MUCH worse if the cartels act stupid and really start hassling Americans, especially anglos.
Why would it be required to affect one segment of our population to be more of an issue? But that is back to an ethnic discussion again. Which is another topic here, as strange as that would seem.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
It's well known that Mexico is one of the richest countries in the world: let Mexico take care of it's poor people. If it means Carlos Slim and his rich homies losing some money; good.
So a country being rich means that the people are rich? So the US, which is by far the richest nation on earth, has no poverty? No homeless?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration