U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
Reputation: 66975

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
.
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
.
That's dumb. Those aren't usually your only two choices.

Btw, the people asking me to help them sneak over had homes and food.

 
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
.
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
.
Oh for god sakes go educate yourself about this topic. More than half of all illegals are Mexican. And not only are many Mexicans are not starving they're all actually obese.



Mexico's other enemy: Obesity rates triple in last 3 decades - CNN

They come here for one reason and one reason only: they want more money. Why should we let them violate our immigration laws? Mexico would be a far better nation if more Mexicans would improve Mexico and make demands on Mexican officials instead of demanding the right to invade America and make demands on our citizens.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
No. Just like I'm not sneaking into other countries, I believe in respecting the laws and abiding by them. As for having a bunch of children that I could never feed in my own country, I wouldn't have that level of irresponsibility.

Most of the illegals come from the country just south of us where there are schools and a lower unemployment rate than the USA has and a higher obesity rate. Those people who don't start cranking out the babies at age 13 or 14, and finish school, have a job and marriage before having babies and limit family size to what they can afford do just fine in their own country and can live inside the law.

Coming to the USA has to do with the utter lack of respect these people have for this country and it's laws, and of course the fact that they have children they cannot support on their lack of education and job skills, but it's not because their country has no schools or food. What really needs to happen is not billions of impoverished people coming to live the high life of welfare and Medicaid programs in the USA, but a change in their attitudes about education and limiting family size somewhat to what they can afford.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,168 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Reputation: 18562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh for god sakes go educate yourself about this topic. More than half of all illegals are Mexican. And not only are many Mexicans are not starving they're all actually obese.
ALL of them? Really?? If you're going to chide somebody for not "educating themselves," you might want to refrain from making such inaccurate statements yourself.

Btw, the OP never specified Mexico as the hypothetical country of origin - but I notice you guys didn't hesitate in jumping to that conclusion, as usual. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're all going to say in response... "But that's where the majority of illegals come from, and you know it!" Perhaps, but that's irrelevant in this discussion, and wasn't even mentioned in the original post.
 
Old 02-15-2012, 12:33 AM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,462,710 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
.
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
.
No way, I'd let my family be terrorized by the drug cartels and I'd fight them mano a mano.
 
Old 02-15-2012, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
the OP never specified Mexico as the hypothetical country of origin - but I notice you guys didn't hesitate in jumping to that conclusion, as usual. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're all going to say in response... "But that's where the majority of illegals come from, and you know it!" Perhaps, but that's irrelevant in this discussion, and wasn't even mentioned in the original post.
"Mexicans" are basically comprised of illegals from Mexico and those from South America who pass through Mexico to get into the US, but Mexicans themselves are the majority of illegals.

What other "group" of illegals do you see boldly making public demands? When an illegal of hispanic background approached Mitt Romney there was no action taken. If that illegal was from another country I'm sure they would have been cuffed and suffled off to a detention center. What other "group" has a large contingency to support them? What other "group" has the US government supporting them? When our government addresses the illegal immigrant problem 99% of the time they will mention "Mexican" in their speech. You never hear about the other 44% that aren't Mexican.
 
Old 02-15-2012, 01:06 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,168 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Reputation: 18562
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
"Mexicans" are basically comprised of illegals from Mexico and those from South America who pass through Mexico to get into the US, but Mexicans themselves are the majority of illegals.
See, I knew you'd say that!

Quote:
What other "group" of illegals do you see boldly making public demands? When an illegal of hispanic background approached Mitt Romney there was no action taken. If that illegal was from another country I'm sure they would have been cuffed and suffled off to a detention center. What other "group" has a large contingency to support them? What other "group" has the US government supporting them? When our government addresses the illegal immigrant problem 99% of the time they will mention "Mexican" in their speech. You never hear about the other 44% that aren't Mexican.
And this has what to do with the original post? He asked a hypothetical question, about how far you'd go if you actually WERE starving/suffering... and all you can do is rant about Mexicans? Yeah, that's what I thought.
 
Old 02-15-2012, 01:18 AM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,462,710 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh for god sakes go educate yourself about this topic. More than half of all illegals are Mexican. And not only are many Mexicans are not starving they're all actually obese.



Mexico's other enemy: Obesity rates triple in last 3 decades - CNN
.
I've been to Mexico and I've seen children beg for food in the streets.

But who am I going to believe, you or my lying eyes.
 
Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
See, I knew you'd say that!



And this has what to do with the original post? He asked a hypothetical question, about how far you'd go if you actually WERE starving/suffering... and all you can do is rant about Mexicans? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Illegals aren't coming here because they're starving.

But the first thing someone starving should do is not start having babies and have one right after another.

Cranking out babies and then insisting they're starving so you must be allowed to break whatever law is stupid.
 
Old 02-15-2012, 05:56 AM
 
Location: World
3,148 posts, read 3,209,069 times
Reputation: 2070
Many americans are without proper home,food,job,shelter, health care, transportation. When millions of poor americans are struggling in their day-to-day life, what promise this country can give to poor immigrants from other countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
.
Sounds like some people would rather stay where they are
and starve to death along with there wife and children.

They put another goverment rule above the welfare of there family and self.

That is sad, pitiful, and irresponsible.
.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top