U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Nor I, but all jokes aside, the US is by far the main consumer of illegal drugs from Mexico.
And Mexico is most likely the main consumer of illegal weapons and ammunition from the USA, the same people, the same vicious criminals that bring in the drugs, supply the weapons to their own country.

This alone is reason enough to enforce the border but the wide open border benefits these nasty killers.

 
Old 02-18-2012, 05:41 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So you don't go to Mexico and have absolutely no idea what it's like here, but you're perfectly fine making claims about how people live and what the conditions are.

Makes total sense.
Mexico has a growing middle class and to deny that is an out-and-out lie.

In Mexico if someone chooses to stay in school, finish his or her education, get a job and some job skills, and marry before starting a family that individual stands a very good chance of joining Mexico's growing middle class.

The irresponsible however who choose to drop out of school at very young ages, and start having children they cannot afford of course find coming to the USA illegally very appealing. It takes zero effort to simply come to the USA and give birth here expecting huge rewards for doing nothing more than that.

In Mexico it requires some effort, some study, some self-control to get ahead.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 06:00 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
That wasn't the question, though. It was if YOU, as a hypothetical starving person, would make the decision to keep on starving, or to cross a border illegally in the hopes that you will find something better. Based on your answer, you would be happy to starve, which goes against every logical thought process, not to mention biological self-preservation.
If I was hungry and my family was hungry, I would NOT break the laws of another country and have my children living as criminals in that other country. Many children in cities like Juarez are being abandoned by their parents who head on over to the USA and decide not to bother bringing the children with them but leave them to raise themselves on the streets.

I would do some work, get some seeds, a few chickens and a rooster and grow my own food rather than commit crimes. I would stay in school, study hard, make an real effort in the work place and I wouldn't be having baby after baby when I could not even feed myself.

The whole idea of having children you can never feed unless you break many laws is absurd. It's not that they cannot have children but they don't have to be having them at age 14 and before they've finished an education.

It all comes down to the fact that the welfare programs of the USA have great appeal to those who lack responsibility and a work ethic, and all we require is they give birth irresponsibly and they've got it made here.

Yes there are poor people in Mexico, they are the ones having children at extremely young ages, they are the ones who ignore the fact that Mexico has schools and even compulsory attendence.

However if you can afford the $3000 to $5000 it takes to have each of your children smuggled into the USA, you can afford to buy them food. What is going on is that many people with children are coming illegally to the USA but leaving their children behind. Juarez has a huge problem with abandoned children, often the parents fear violence and pack up and head over to the USA without the children.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 06:33 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But I am not from "ANOTHER country"...



An eyeroll with accusations that I am lying? It is exactly as I have stated it. In one incident I knew it was against the express approval of the U.S. Department of State (they would probably agree with it now, in light of current events), but my Commanding Officer conducted a small meeting to dismiss that hindrance to the completion of our mission (there were no opposing opinions brought up among us), and we went in.

And that was a country we weren't even formally at war with...

No, there isn't a "valid visa" for the occasion, and if captured while illegally within a country, there could have been an end result of imprisonment or death...

It is a little bit more edgy to be illegally present in a country than what you have said...
Still dodging the question? It was a hypothetical one and you know it. Quote: "If" you were from ANOTHER country". You do know what "if" means don't you?
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:00 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Wages haven't risen in many decades and income inequality is at an all time high. Illegals lower wages, drive on roads without insurance, run from medical bills, overcrowd schools and increase anarchy by breaking multiple American laws at every turn.

They're a pain in the rear and a burden on many American citizens.



Maybe some of us think the first thing you do when you go to another country is NOT break their laws. And if you break their laws you could at least have the grace NOT to call natives nasty names when they ask you to leave.
Don't the advocates for illegal aliens use the most ridiculous analogies when defending their actions? Running a red light or stealing some candy impacts very few people negatively. Millions entering another country illegally affects millions of their own citizens in increased taxes, loss jobs, added crimes, demands on resources, crowding, etc.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And Mexico is most likely the main consumer of illegal weapons and ammunition from the USA, the same people, the same vicious criminals that bring in the drugs, supply the weapons to their own country.

This alone is reason enough to enforce the border but the wide open border benefits these nasty killers.
Isn't it amazing how these people only want to blame the users of drugs but not the suppliers?
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Houston
20,984 posts, read 10,622,648 times
Reputation: 8212
Family comes first. I would be here in a New York minute.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Family comes first. I would be here in a New York minute.
Your "foreign" family would be more important than the familes of U.S. citizens since you would be negatively impacting them by you and your family's presence here illegally?
 
Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If I was hungry and my family was hungry, I would NOT break the laws of another country and have my children living as criminals in that other country. Many children in cities like Juarez are being abandoned by their parents who head on over to the USA and decide not to bother bringing the children with them but leave them to raise themselves on the streets.

I would do some work, get some seeds, a few chickens and a rooster and grow my own food rather than commit crimes. I would stay in school, study hard, make an real effort in the work place and I wouldn't be having baby after baby when I could not even feed myself.

The whole idea of having children you can never feed unless you break many laws is absurd. It's not that they cannot have children but they don't have to be having them at age 14 and before they've finished an education.

It all comes down to the fact that the welfare programs of the USA have great appeal to those who lack responsibility and a work ethic, and all we require is they give birth irresponsibly and they've got it made here.

Yes there are poor people in Mexico, they are the ones having children at extremely young ages, they are the ones who ignore the fact that Mexico has schools and even compulsory attendence.

However if you can afford the $3000 to $5000 it takes to have each of your children smuggled into the USA, you can afford to buy them food. What is going on is that many people with children are coming illegally to the USA but leaving their children behind. Juarez has a huge problem with abandoned children, often the parents fear violence and pack up and head over to the USA without the children.
Very good point. I forgot what the coyotes charge for each illegal alien. That's a LOT of money and would grub stake a Mexican IN Mexico for a long time.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Indiana
2,047 posts, read 1,300,622 times
Reputation: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No -- everyone doesn't do it.

The black people here had it far worse than any Mexican has it in Mexico but you didn't see the black civil rights leaders suggesting they break the laws of other countries and leave the USA.

Instead they fought and worked to improve their lives here in their own country. No law breaking of other nations.

Mexicans love to whine on and on about how horrendous their country is -- when they aren't chanting "viva mexico" but they are doing absolutely nothing to improve their own country. They're quick to protest and have big marches here in the USA demanding this and that right they feel they deserve for breaking the laws here but do they ever consider marching for their rights back home? Doing something for their people? No, it's just much too easy to come here and start demanding everything.
what are you talking about blacks weren't even allowed leave their plantations!! if they could take of thier chackels they would have been running to the border! yes black people had it much worse 1000 times! all i have to say if the shoe was on the other foot you yes you would be doing the same thing!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top