U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 09:25 PM

44 posts, read 35,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No -- everyone doesn't do it.

The black people here had it far worse than any Mexican has it in Mexico but you didn't see the black civil rights leaders suggesting they break the laws of other countries and leave the USA.

Instead they fought and worked to improve their lives here in their own country. No law breaking of other nations.

Mexicans love to whine on and on about how horrendous their country is -- when they aren't chanting "viva mexico" but they are doing absolutely nothing to improve their own country. They're quick to protest and have big marches here in the USA demanding this and that right they feel they deserve for breaking the laws here but do they ever consider marching for their rights back home? Doing something for their people? No, it's just much too easy to come here and start demanding everything.
They of course broke the law of the US and that of the states in which they resided...repeatedly and with malice. And they were aided by those who loved freedom and lived in other states. And they broke the Jim Crow laws in another era. You are unaware that Rosa Parks broke local law?

And they most certainly ran to Canada for freedom. See the underground railroad.

You rant about excess children when in fact the birth rate in Mexico is only a small amount higher than that of the US.

You appear to be building the case that you are bigotted against Mexico but trying to hide in in inane argument about Mexican behavior.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:49 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Don't the advocates for illegal aliens use the most ridiculous analogies when defending their actions? Running a red light or stealing some candy impacts very few people negatively. Millions entering another country illegally affects millions of their own citizens in increased taxes, loss jobs, added crimes, demands on resources, crowding, etc.
It's ridiculous.

If an American went to another country and willfully went around breaking that country's laws . . . does anyone really think the illegal defenders would find those actions okay?

What makes illegals think they have the right to override our democractically decided upon laws let alone literally demand that we reward them for doing so? Why should our democracy be subject to veto by foreign nationals?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:13 PM

44 posts, read 35,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It's ridiculous.

If an American went to another country and willfully went around breaking that country's laws . . . does anyone really think the illegal defenders would find those actions okay?

What makes illegals think they have the right to override our democractically decided upon laws let alone literally demand that we reward them for doing so? Why should our democracy be subject to veto by foreign nationals?

Dred Scott decision...

Referring to the language in the Declaration of Independence that includes the phrase, "all men are created equal," Taney reasoned that "it is too clear for dispute, that the enslaved African race were not intended to be included, and formed no part of the people who framed and adopted this declaration. . . ."

So you would not have parted company with a Supreme Court Justice who determined that blacks could never be US Citizens?

According to the Supreme Court that was the democratically decided upon law.

So you would have kept those Ni**ers in their place?

Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
...Why should our democracy be subject to veto by foreign nationals?
We actually live in a Republic...

There is a difference YOu know...

And I am extremely grateful for it...

Old 02-19-2012, 12:10 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Nor I, but all jokes aside, the US is by far the main consumer of illegal drugs from Mexico.
I don't take drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So in a situation in which you had to choose between starving and trying to live in another country, you believe that you would deserve prison for it? Seriously?
Are you trying to tell me that Mexican illegals are starving? The ones around here look pretty fat and sassy to me, and Mexico is one of the fattest countries on Earth.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetic3 View Post
They of course broke the law of the US and that of the states in which they resided...repeatedly and with malice. And they were aided by those who loved freedom and lived in other states. And they broke the Jim Crow laws in another era. You are unaware that Rosa Parks broke local law?

And they most certainly ran to Canada for freedom. See the underground railroad.

You rant about excess children when in fact the birth rate in Mexico is only a small amount higher than that of the US.

You appear to be building the case that you are bigotted against Mexico but trying to hide in in inane argument about Mexican behavior.
They were in their own country, working to improve their country. That has nothing to do with foreigners coming here for the easy life, doing absolutely nothing for their own country, making no reforms of it.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:32 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
what are you talking about blacks weren't even allowed leave their plantations!! if they could take of thier chackels they would have been running to the border! yes black people had it much worse 1000 times! all i have to say if the shoe was on the other foot you yes you would be doing the same thing!!
I'm talking about the black civil rights movement. Mexicans won't march in their own country, they won't work for reforms, social justice there. They won't do a damned thing for their people in Mexico.

Black Americans had it much much worse than the people of Mexico but they did not run from the USA but stayed and worked for positive change. Completely different from foreigners arriving here en masse demanding everything be handed to them as their reward for breaking the law while they do nothing about justice and social reform for their own country, they do nothing to improve it.

The flood of people over the border isn't going to do anything to prevent the collapse of that country. Instead of leaving en masse, if they would stay and work to better the regions they're fleeing, they could improve their country and culture. All that glitters isn't gold, the massive level of illegal immigration we're seeing has nothing to do with starvation.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 AM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
gizmo980: you can blame illegal aliens for making ALL people speaking Spanish suspect. Just like if MOST illegal aliens were Gaelic speaking Irish, I'd be watching my back. It is what it is.
That doesn't make it right, and I personally try not to buy into such prejudices... just as I don't agree with racial profiling by the TSA, even though one certain group is more often guilty of air-related terrorism.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That doesn't make it right, and I personally try not to buy into such prejudices... just as I don't agree with racial profiling by the TSA, even though one certain group is more often guilty of air-related terrorism.
I have a friend who's part Greek: looks like an Arab, he gets profiled a LOT cause of that. He's quite OK with that since he believes in law and order and UNDERSTANDS why the TSA, etc. do what they do since MOST terrorists are Arab.

If it was the Irish doing most of the bad things, I'd expect to be profiled too. I may NOT like it but; I'd understand.

Back to Mexicans: the illegal aliens have wrecked the rep of the good ones so till illegal immigration is cut off AND most illegals are kicked out, the others WILL continue to pay the price. If not in the eyes of cops: in the eyes of the American people. It sucks but it is what it is.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetic3 View Post

It is the birthrate here in the U.S. by illegals that is alarming and we are footing the bill for their births and supporting them until they are 18 years old. I couldn't care less what their birthrates are in Mexico. Those aren't affecting us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration