U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The illegal aliens also spend money here at businesses which employ other Americans. They help keep new home prices in line and one of them does a great job mowing my yard. If you are competing with an illegal alien for a job you probably ain't the brightest bulb in the house.
You have no idea what you are talking about. If Americans were holding the jobs that illegals are they in turn would also be spending money in our economy. They can't do so if they don't have a job. They keep home prices in line? A few years ago when the price of homes skyrocketed much of the labor used to build them were illegals so where were these low home prices? The builders just pocketed the extra profit from cheap, illegal labor they passed very little if anything on the consumer in savings.

Hiring illegals has nothing to do with who is the brightest bulb. It is all about profit for these greedy employers and they know illegals will work long hours with no overtime under bad conditions and won't complain out of fear of deportation. So our American construction workers are dumber than illegals and that is why they have been pushed out of their jobs? They do a better job of mowing laws and that is the only reason they have taken all these landscaper jobs that Americans once held? I suggest you educate yourself on this issue but then if you are of the usual pro-illegal alien agenda the truth won't matter to you.

 
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,388,136 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The illegal aliens also spend money here at businesses which employ other Americans. They help keep new home prices in line and one of them does a great job mowing my yard. If you are competing with an illegal alien for a job you probably ain't the brightest bulb in the house.
Illegal aliens are low skilled and earn very little money. Hence they pay very little in taxes. People who employ illegals should be heavily fined and frankly probably jailed along with the illegal. Neither the employer nor the illegal has the inherent right to break multiple American laws including laws on employment and immigration. People who are too cheap to follow our employment laws have no legal or moral right to complain when others demand we do.

It is shameful that some of our very citizens seem to believe they have the right to override the hard fought gains of the labor movement.

Just out of curiosity have you thought about what might happen to that illegal if he gets hurt on your property? Especially as I doubt he has medical insurance? Who do you think will pay his medical bills? Give him workman's comp for his lost wages? What if he loses his job? Are you paying unemployment insurance?

Ultimately you may be saving some money. But you're undercutting our collective safety net and rubbing it in our faces. Not exactly the act of an honorable person . . .
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Houston
21,030 posts, read 10,655,754 times
Reputation: 8230
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They keep home prices in line? A few years ago when the price of homes skyrocketed much of the labor used to build them were illegals so where were these low home prices? The builders just pocketed the extra profit from cheap, illegal labor they passed very little if anything on the consumer in savings.
You clearly have never had an economics course.
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Reputation: 22168
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The illegal aliens also spend money here at businesses which employ other Americans. They help keep new home prices in line and one of them does a great job mowing my yard. If you are competing with an illegal alien for a job you probably ain't the brightest bulb in the house.
And we need over 30 million of these not very bright bulbs brought into this country just so some elitists can pay dirt wages and have unlimited numbers of cheap servants?

You aren't paying the health care and education costs of your cheap yard boy's children. It benefits the rest of us in no way that you have a low paid illegal who requires the taxpayers to provide free health care and food stamps for him and his children. That cheap lawn mower is costing the taxpayers $12,000 a year for each child in school, $5000 to $10000 for every maternity ward visit.

My yard work costs society nothing at all because I mow it myself.

And we saw what illegals did to housing, so many illegals were brought in to build these dirt cheap houses that required sub prime mortgages to buy and the whole housing bubble collapsed. Very large numbers of these houses now sit empty and foreclosed.
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Houston
21,030 posts, read 10,655,754 times
Reputation: 8230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Illegal aliens are low skilled and earn very little money. Hence they pay very little in taxes. People who employ illegals should be heavily fined and frankly probably jailed along with the illegal. Neither the employer nor the illegal has the inherent right to break multiple American laws including laws on employment and immigration. People who are too cheap to follow our employment laws have no legal or moral right to complain when others demand we do.

It is shameful that some of our very citizens seem to believe they have the right to override the hard fought gains of the labor movement.

Just out of curiosity have you thought about what might happen to that illegal if he gets hurt on your property? Especially as I doubt he has medical insurance? Who do you think will pay his medical bills? Give him workman's comp for his lost wages? What if he loses his job? Are you paying unemployment insurance?

Ultimately you may be saving some money. But you're undercutting our collective safety net and rubbing it in our faces. Not exactly the act of an honorable person . . .
I don't think we should have a safety net. He is an independent contractor, I have no obligation to pay unemployment insurance. Jose's a smart guy. Does his job safely.
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Houston
21,030 posts, read 10,655,754 times
Reputation: 8230
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And we need over 30 million of these not very bright bulbs brought into this country just so some elitists can pay dirt wages and have unlimited numbers of cheap servants?

You aren't paying the health care and education costs of your cheap yard boy's children. It benefits the rest of us in no way that you have a low paid illegal who requires the taxpayers to provide free health care and food stamps for him and his children. That cheap lawn mower is costing the taxpayers $12,000 a year for each child in school, $5000 to $10000 for every maternity ward visit.
Jose's healthy and single. Can cut grass with the best of them.
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:13 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Reputation: 22168
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Jose's healthy and single. Can cut grass with the best of them.
And Jose had six kids he left behind in Mexico and these kids are growing up without a dad in the house and he's got another 4 or 5 kids with some woman here who live off food stamps.

Yes I know how it works and why the mothers must remain single. It helps them to be single when it comes time to apply for food stamps, WIC , Medicaid and Section 8. Jose can work for peanuts because the taxpayers are paying the way for his kids.

And as for workman's comp, if your Jose is injured on the job, he still expects to be given nothing but the finest health care and you don't pay his way, we the taxpayers do.
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:17 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Reputation: 22168
And mowing your lawn contributes absolutely nothing to the economy. The economy doesn't suffer at all if your lawn didn't get mowed, if for example you replaced your yard with rocks and stones or concrete. Or mowed your own yard.

Just like someone with live in housekeepers and live-in nannies. The taxpayers get to pay the real costs of those dirt cheap servants but if someone's bed is never made -- so what? Or if the lazy kids and parents made their own beds and learned to sweep their own floors, it benefits society because they didn't need to bring in extremely low wage types. Or if some yuppie housewife had to take her kids to a day care that hired Americans, it would be better for the economy.
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Houston
21,030 posts, read 10,655,754 times
Reputation: 8230
Jose been quite busy for a 19 year old. How do you know his life circumstances? Stereotyping much?
 
Old 02-19-2012, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Houston
21,030 posts, read 10,655,754 times
Reputation: 8230
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And mowing your lawn contributes absolutely nothing to the economy. The economy doesn't suffer at all if your lawn didn't get mowed, if for example you replaced your yard with rocks and stones or concrete. Or mowed your own yard.
You obviously have never had an economics course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top