U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 01:39 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,411,901 times

Advertisements

It's funny how you think all of that is really about illegals and not about government promoting a widening of the economic classes.

Illegals aren't helping. Employers use them to undercut the wages of our own citizens. You see that in this very thread.

People who don't understand context and promote thinly-veiled discrimination as sensible international policy, I'm guessing, are a bigger danger.

What discrimination???????

Americans have been ridiculously generous with Mexican nationals. Thousands of them have been permitted to move here legally. Why should EVERY Mexican no matter how ill prepared or badly educated or how little they speak English be allowed to move here? Especially in the middle of a recession? Why do so many Mexicans believe that the solution to their problems is not to make demands on their own leaders but to make demands on American citizens? What sensible international policy holds the American taxpayer responsible for meeting the needs of Mexican nationals? Or absolves Mexican leaders of any reponsibility to govern their own country and provide for their own citizenry?

Why are you so willing to write nasty things about Americans but say not one word about Mexican officials?

Considering all the lovely things said about them here, it's really shocking you guys don't have a better relationship.

I prefer not to consort with criminals. I certainly prefer not to subsidize them as you seem to believe I should do.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM

12,916 posts, read 12,941,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't take drugs.

Um, good for you? Nor do I. What does that have to do with anything?

Are you trying to tell me that Mexican illegals are starving? The ones around here look pretty fat and sassy to me, and Mexico is one of the fattest countries on Earth.
Thanks Eleanora.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,943,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Mexico does have a growing middle class, but it also has a growing population in poverty. Just like in the US, economic classes are getting further apart.

As far as the rest of your post goes, it's funny to see you trying to act like you know what people go through.
No, unlike the U.S., Mexico's middle class is growing by leaps and bounds. Of course, when at least 10% of a country's citizens relocate to another country, and send BILLIONS in remittances monthly to fuel that economy, it's easy to understand why they are experiencing such increased prosperity. Sadly, their illegal citizen exports are a major factor in the growing decline of our middle class. Funny how that works.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Mexican poverty is not our America's problem to solve. It's that simple. Mexicans who do not have enough to eat are not alone. Over a billion people live in less than $2 a day and go to bed hungry. I am sorry to hear that but it does not give them all the right or the excuse to violate American immigration laws. If Mexicans can summon the effort to violate American immigration laws and then the energy to march down our streets whining that we asked them to leave then Mexicans can surely summon the effort to demand that their own relatively prosperous society meet their needs.

Yeah, we know. It's sad that people go hungry and are homeless, but it's not your problem. I'm sure you make sacrifices too, like putting $1 in the collection plate at Christmas.

The primary moral posturing in this thread has been yours.

In a forum that lacks any, that's a pretty big compliment.

FYI, poverty is not exactly uncommon in America either. Shall we demand the right to ship our own poor to Mexico and demand that Mexico's middle class feed them? Even after the Mexicans said no?

American poverty is still the richest poverty in the world.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Who do you think funds the government? THE TAXPAYERS.

Sheesh.

And that would only matter if the government raised taxes, which is a very unpopular position in Mexico, just like in the US.

Again NOT MY PROBLEM. Mexico's poverty is not my concern nor is it my problem as a US taxpayer to solve.

This seems to be your answer for everything: Ignore it if it's inconvenient.

That's the implication of your words.

Not really.

Illegals are not immigrants. I am sorry the pro-illegal crowd can't tell the difference between someone who respectfully follows our laws and someone who brazenly violates them. Mexicans do not have the inherent right to ignore our democracy, override our laws and invade our country. I am sorry you and they seem to think they do. One of my neighbors is unemployed. Thankfully he does not share your belief that this gives him the right to move into my house without permission.
I'm not pro-illegal. I'm pro-common sense. I'm pro-human. I'm pro-logic. I'm pro-sensible immigration reform. I'm anti-discrimination. I'm anti-racism. Basically, I'm the opposite position from most people here, save the first one.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 PM

21,310 posts, read 10,890,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Right. If not for our labor laws, employers would be "free" to pay whatever they desired. How does 50 cents an hour sound to you, with no break period, and unlimited work hours? After all, why should a tyrannical government hinder employers by forcing them to treat employees like human beings?
I make much more than minimum wage. Why would an elimination of the minimum wage reduce me to fifty cents an hour? Go back to your crackpipe.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, unlike the U.S., Mexico's middle class is growing by leaps and bounds. Of course, when at least 10% of a country's citizens relocate to another country, and send BILLIONS in remittances monthly to fuel that economy, it's easy to understand why they are experiencing such increased prosperity. Sadly, their illegal citizen exports are a major factor in the growing decline of our middle class. Funny how that works.
Links?

Old 02-19-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yep, they fought long and hard to deprive the employer and his employee of a basic human right. The right to determine their own destiny without the hindrance of a tyrannical government.
Oh no! However shall an employer survive if he has to treat his employees as human beings and not pack animals or slaves! Heavens to Betsey!

Really. What's next? Are you going to defend slavery?

You do not have the inherent right to treat human beings like chattel just because you can manage to gain someone's consent for doing so.

This is the illegal employer's mindset: anarchy in the name of freedom. Why don't you propose throwing out the FDA while you're at it? Afterall why should we restrict someone's right to sell spoiled food or poisoned water?

If people drop dead as a result well that's their fault.

It's ridiculously ironic given the fact that what part of makes our society so attractive to other people is our laws governing the workplace and marketplace. No one's fleeing to Somalia.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 PM

21,310 posts, read 10,890,352 times
The fact is the progress of the worker in the last century is not due to government it is due to the advances in productivity created by the free market. Government creates nothing.

I am keeping Jose.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 PM

Yeah, we know. It's sad that people go hungry and are homeless, but it's not your problem. I'm sure you make sacrifices too, like putting $1 in the collection plate at Christmas.

You certainly don't seem to think that it's Carlos Slim or any other Mexican official's problem. WHY? Why the nastiness to Americans but not a word against the rich Mexican oligarchs?

FYI, I am not Christian. Nice assumption there for someone who whines that others assume.

In a forum that lacks any, that's a pretty big compliment.

It's not all that moral to punish America's poor people so you can feel good about yourself.

American poverty is still the richest poverty in the world.

You didn't answer my question. Should Americans be allowed to ship our poor people to Mexico? Our mentally ill? Our people without insurance? Would you call them nasty names if Mexico's rich or middle class attempted to send them home.

Mexico is the world's 12th richest society. Where is their responsibility for others who aren't so well off? Don't you think Mexicans should be forced to acccept millions of Chinese or Indian nationals who live on a $1.25 a day? Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration