U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,553,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Illegals aren't coming here because they're starving.

But the first thing someone starving should do is not start having babies and have one right after another.

Cranking out babies and then insisting they're starving so you must be allowed to break whatever law is stupid.
How could they be starving?? Working off the books, free medical, free education, food stamps and other welfare benefits to cover the cost of housing and medical for their babies, food pantries, income tax refunds and be able to send money back to their country which is more than likely going towards building a house? They're doing better than US citizens!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
ALL of them? Really?? If you're going to chide somebody for not "educating themselves," you might want to refrain from making such inaccurate statements yourself.

Btw, the OP never specified Mexico as the hypothetical country of origin - but I notice you guys didn't hesitate in jumping to that conclusion, as usual. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're all going to say in response... "But that's where the majority of illegals come from, and you know it!" Perhaps, but that's irrelevant in this discussion, and wasn't even mentioned in the original post.
gizmo: it's well known that MOST illegal aliens ARE from Latin American and most of them are from Mexico. Starvation isn't a problem in Latin America. So they can stay home and NOT have kids they won't raise right.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,386,901 times
Quote:
ALL of them? Really?? If you're going to chide somebody for not "educating themselves," you might want to refrain from making such inaccurate statements yourself.

Btw, the OP never specified Mexico as the hypothetical country of origin - but I notice you guys didn't hesitate in jumping to that conclusion, as usual. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're all going to say in response... "But that's where the majority of illegals come from, and you know it!" Perhaps, but that's irrelevant in this discussion, and wasn't even mentioned in the original post.
This is ridiculous. MANY Mexicans are obese. They are not starving. Happy now?

It is not irrelevant to point out the facts of illegal immigration. If Mexicans do not want to be associated with illegals they should be condoning, supporting and ultimately being more than half of them.

I'm sick of hearing that conditions are less than perfect in the world's 12th largest economy. That's not my concern nor is it my problem. It is certainly not my responsibility to fix. The OP implied that Americans should allow illegals to stay and then we should assume fiscal responsibility for them once here. And if we don't well we're bad people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I've been to Mexico and I've seen children beg for food in the streets.

But who am I going to believe, you or my lying eyes.
Then why aren't Mexicans protesting this problem in Mexico? Mexico is home to several billionaires and the world's richest man. Why is it an American responsiblity to provide for the needs of poor Mexicans?

This is the heart of the problem. Far too many Mexicans seem to believe that the solution to their problems is to sneak in here instead of fixing up their own country. They have the nerve to whine about our enforcement of our immigration laws as if they had some sort of given right to violate them and be rewarded for it. All that energy should be directed to THEIR government not OURS.

I've seen children beg on the streets here as well. Should I have proposed shipping them to Mexico so the Mexicans can support them?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
My answer if absolutely not and for all the reasons already stated plus one. I would not create hardship on this country's citizens by taking their jobs and tax dollars that I had no right to. Americans have families to feed also.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:37 AM

2,342 posts, read 2,788,498 times
Now we have people arguing over things that have nothing
to do with the first posted question and the thread.

Why can't people stay with the topic that was started ? ? ?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:48 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Now we have people arguing over things that have nothing
to do with the first posted question and the thread.

Why can't people stay with the topic that was started ? ? ?
All the answers certainly did have to do with the topic -- would you break the laws of this country to get into it illegally? No we would not.

Responsible people don't have 15 children they cannot afford to feed for one. For another, you can feed your family in your own country.

An irresponsible life style of dropping out of school by the 3rd grade and having baby after baby is no excuse to break the laws of this country.

The USA is not capable of taking in the over 2 billion impoverished people in the world and upping taxes on American taxpayers so that they can all live like kings and queens. We are not the world's flop house, or at least we should stop striving to be that.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:48 AM

2,342 posts, read 2,788,498 times
This would help a lot of people ! ! !

Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
This would help a lot of people ! ! !

Right! When are illegals and their advocates going to stop whining?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:32 AM

32,817 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Quote:
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
Ever heard of a condom?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:11 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,553,425 times
Quote:
See, I knew you'd say that!

And this has what to do with the original post? He asked a hypothetical question, about how far you'd go if you actually WERE starving/suffering... and all you can do is rant about Mexicans? Yeah, that's what I thought.

There are way too many citizens in the US who go to bed starving. So the US really doesn't need illegal immigrants who are supposed to be starving taking from citizens who are already starving.

I haven't read where there is a famine going on in Mexico or any other South American country. I do know that people in Haiti are starving and living in refugee camps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration