U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

There are way too many citizens in the US who go to bed starving. So the US really doesn't need illegal immigrants who are supposed to be starving taking from citizens who are already starving.

I haven't read where there is a famine going on in Mexico or any other South American country. I do know that people in Haiti are starving and living in refugee camps.
Yet, the U.S. has no problem returning Haitians to Haiti. I wonder why.

Quote:
CMC - In the first major interdiction at sea since Haiti's devastating earthquake a month ago, the United States Coast Guard said on Thursday that nearly 80 Haitian nationals found aboard an overloaded freighter west of the Bahamas were stopped and returned to Haiti.

“The US government remains alert to the possibility of increased illegal migration from Haiti after the January12 earthquake near Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and has increased its patrol presence in the Caribbean to quickly interdict would-be migrants and safely return them to their country of origin,” it said.
http://www.caribarena.com/haiti/news...002127093.html

Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, the U.S. has no problem returning Haitians to Haiti. I wonder why.

http://www.caribarena.com/haiti/news...002127093.html
Gee, I wonder why there is no outrage or protest by the "La Raza" groups over this?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
The OP is asks a flawed question. It has an either or conclusion which is less than valid.
What country are we talking about? What nation south of the border suffers from rampant starvation?
I can generate hyothetical questions all day long that designed to generate a specific answer.
For example: Would you accept a free all expense paid trip to Somalia or pay 5 dollars for an all expense paid trip to Atlantic city?
How many are going to Somalia???????
The fact is that most illegals who sneak accross our border are not starving and were in no danger of starving. The question was designed to try and make posters feel guilty about answering the question. This is a trolling thread at best and serves no useful purpose.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The OP is asks a flawed question. It has an either or conclusion which is less than valid.
What country are we talking about? What nation south of the border suffers from rampant starvation?
I can generate hyothetical questions all day long that designed to generate a specific answer.
For example: Would you accept a free all expense paid trip to Somalia or pay 5 dollars for an all expense paid trip to Atlantic city?
How many are going to Somalia???????
The fact is that most illegals who sneak accross our border are not starving and were in no danger of starving. The question was designed to try and make posters feel guilty about answering the question. This is a trolling thread at best and serves no useful purpose.
I so agree with you. It was baiting to demonize those of us whom the OP deemed to be heartless while not acknowledging the heartlessness of the negative impact on Americans that illegals have.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM

11,896 posts, read 14,364,183 times
I probably wouldn't feel guilty about it. If a country does not enforce its immigration laws, they are not taken seriously.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I probably wouldn't feel guilty about it. If a country does not enforce its immigration laws, they are not taken seriously.
So then if a store owner forgets to lock his door at night you would sneak in and steal stuff because afterall it was his lax that let you in? It's the same thing.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So then if a store owner forgets to lock his door at night you would sneak in and steal stuff because afterall it was his lax that let you in? It's the same thing.
Especially if the person was going to starve to death unless they robbed it.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:52 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,148,138 times
If I was in a bad situation I definitely would. I don't put law over doing what is best for my family. Illegal immigrants don't commit the crime of being illegal because it's fun to break the law, 100% of them would prefer their immigration status be legal. They do it to improve their lot in life and I generally admire people with drive like that.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
If I was in a bad situation I definitely would. I don't put law over doing what is best for my family. Illegal immigrants don't commit the crime of being illegal because it's fun to break the law, 100% of them would prefer their immigration status be legal. They do it to improve their lot in life and I generally admire people with drive like that.
Pretty much the same reason most criminals do what they do. They prefer to cheat scam or steal to get what they want. The average car thief doesn't steal a car because they don't like the owner. They see it as a way to score money easier than had they worked for it honestly. In short to improve their lot in life the easiest way they can.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
You'd do it even knowing that it would negatively impact American families? What makes your family more important than the families who are citizens of this country? What kind of morals would you be teaching your family? Most illegals aren't coming here under a "bad situation" anyway. No one has the right to improve their lot in life at the expense of others or by breaking laws. That isn't something to admire in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration