U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:34 PM

9,505 posts, read 3,253,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
If I was in a bad situation I definitely would. I don't put law over doing what is best for my family. Illegal immigrants don't commit the crime of being illegal because it's fun to break the law, 100% of them would prefer their immigration status be legal. They do it to improve their lot in life and I generally admire people with drive like that.
MOST illegal aliens here in the US don't have to deal with starving back home.

If an alien wants to do things right: he'll obey OUR laws.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:37 PM

875 posts, read 803,194 times
I would sneak into the U.S. Only if I had no other choice. Life was hard for the Mexican immigrants that came to the U.S. so they merely come to this country to have a better life. I don't blame them, yet they only take the low income jobs so it's not a huge problem. Only large amounts of illegal would make a difference and that's what we are facing. I'm neutral on whether it needs to be dealt with or not, but I would most likely immigrate to the U.S. to help out my family.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,381,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
I would sneak into the U.S. Only if I had no other choice. Life was hard for the Mexican immigrants that came to the U.S. so they merely come to this country to have a better life. I don't blame them, yet they only take the low income jobs so it's not a huge problem. Only large amounts of illegal would make a difference and that's what we are facing. I'm neutral on whether it needs to be dealt with or not, but I would most likely immigrate to the U.S. to help out my family.
So you are another one who would put your family above the family's of Americans even though this is OUR country? Again, no one has a right to a better life at the expense of others and by breaking laws.

If 12-20 million plus illegal aliens in this country is not a huge problem then I don't know what is. They aren't just taking low income jobs either. Construction used to pay a decent wage and so did many others before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor. Many of the jobs they are taking are entry level jobs that our young Americans need. Where is your compassion for Americans and their families?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 PM

7,921 posts, read 4,927,106 times
Maybe they should stay where they are legal and fight to change the system for all of the rest of their family instead of leaving them to starve instead of "doing a runner"

Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 PM

9,505 posts, read 3,253,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
Mexico isn't poor. Let those Mexicans go, stay home and improve Mexico; we don't want them here if they try to come illegally.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM

2,068 posts, read 980,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
MOST illegal aliens here in the US don't have to deal with starving back home.

If an alien wants to do things right: he'll obey OUR laws.
If an Illegal alien wants to do things right, he should GO HOME. Like you
said, they weren't starving to begin with. It's all about the freebies, food stamps, housing and absolute greed of these people. What make them think they are better than the people that do it the "right" way ??????
Some of them wait years to come here.

As far as admiration goes, forget it. You have got to admire someone that
attempt's (whether he makes it or not) to take care of his family in his own country while he comes here the "legal" way.

All of this sounds a little harsh, but, the cold reality is that the people
that came here illegally are the one's that didn't have the guts to try
and effect change in thier own home land.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 PM

12,580 posts, read 9,519,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
Yes. It would be a matter of immediate self-preservation which I think is a basic human instinct. But it would be only temporary. I would not:
  • Accept my illegal status and do nothing about it;
  • Demand that citizens and legal immigrants of the 'host' nation resolve my status for me;
  • Demand the rights and privileges that are reserved for citizens and legal immigrants of the 'host' nation;
  • Demand services and benefits from the government of the 'host' nation to which I am not entitled;
  • Use my illegal status to forego the responsibilities and obligations that would be due if I was a citizen or a legal immigrant of the 'host' nation;
  • Allow my children to continue the cycle of poverty and ignorance; and
  • Have the audacity and arrogance to argue and think that I belong here and that the government of the 'host' nation has no authority to deport me and execute efforts to do so.
[and I would not blatantly and proudly wave the flag of my home country, in turn insulting the 'host' country, because if it was that great then what am I doing here?]

Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 PM

8,127 posts, read 10,151,760 times
Absolutely would.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,381,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Absolutely would.
No surprise here.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 PM

8,127 posts, read 10,151,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No surprise here.
I choose to survive and advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration