U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,192,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
For the last time, how is that relevant to the OP, and when did they mention going from Mexico (or any specific country) to the US? I guess you guys just have one thing on the brain, which is why I rarely "set foot" in this ridiculous subforum.

Btw, did you notice I never argued with that fact? So why are you still trying to convince me of something I already know? I live in California and work in an agricultural region, so you don't need to tell me twice where most of our immigrants come from these days. I spend nearly every day helping immigrants from Mexico, most of whom are actually here legally (which would surprise those of you who assume anyone speaking Spanish is illegal). But again, that is NOT what the original post asked nor intended to discuss - and you all seem to have trouble grasping a hypothetical question.
No one I know of automatically assumes that anyone here speaking Spanish is illegal. That is just the defenders of illegal alien's propaganda.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, that's better...

How many of the LEGAL Mexican immigrants actually support them being here illegally? Most of the ones I know do not support that, in fact just recently my (American-born) Mexican co-worker was bitching about a known illegal family who frequents our library... she cares even more than I do, mostly because it gives people like you a reason to stereotype her. Where are you getting the idea that most of them support this?

But it's still irrelevant to this particular thread, since the OP was only asking a hypothetical question with no mention of where you/they might be coming from & going to - for all you know they're European, and were thinking of African immigrants when they posted.
Your American born friend of Mexican ancestry is the exception to the rule. There are many other polls that prove this out also.

Poll: Immigration splits Americans

Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 AM

33,003 posts, read 30,272,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I choose to survive and advance.
How many kids are you then going to have knowing they will have to "live in the shadows" with you.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I'm trying to help you out with that, but talking to these people is like talking to a brick wall! Moving on now... and I would suggest you do the same, since it's futile to try holding a rational discussion on this board.
I see, so us saying that we would not break the immigration laws of this country or any others is "irrational"? If you don't like this board you might find one of those lefty, advocate for illegal alien boards more to your liking.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
As long as businesses hire people, they are invited.

We have two signs at the border, one says stay out, the other says help wanted. Corporate America calls the shots in this country, and if they say the illegal immigrants can stay, they will stay.
Businesses have no legal right to invite illegal aliens into our country. We regular Americans way outnumber the greedy employers in this country and they don't call the shots in this country either. The problem is our government's refusal to secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws as they should. Voting politicians out of office who are not respecting and protecting our soveirgn borders is what we need to do and will.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:46 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,224,537 times
The real question is "Would I have been taught Christian values in the country where I lived in the first place." The Bible teaches that we should obey the rules of the country where we live. That would also mean that we should obey the rules of countries where we visit. It has nothing to do with money or feeding families. It has to do with obeying the law or not obeying the law.

The kind of thinking that goes with this thread somehow suggests that if you are hungry; stealing and living an illegal life is an option. That is why I think we should deport all illegals. It is destroying our way of life in the United States. Anyone here that is illegal does not understand law and order. This adds to an increased crime level, disregard for the laws in many different directions. Our government is not protecting its citizens if it does not stop the crime and illegal activities. I am more than tired of it and so are most legal citizens. The problem is that our government is more concerned with politics than it is with restoring law and order.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM

1,010 posts, read 1,124,168 times
You'd be a fool not to. Hell, you'll get treated better than the legal citizens

Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM

2,342 posts, read 2,802,171 times
#1. This thread is not about Mexicans.

#2. There is no such thing as an illegal alien which would be from outer space they are illegal immigrants from any other country if they come here unlawfully.

#3. The Mexicans where in this country long before the White or Black man ever come here. They were as far north as The Oregon Area and clear into Texas which belonged to Mexico.

#4. The Mexicans were driven out by a war of theft and murder, and now they are coming back to there home land which was theirs in the first place right along with the other Indians.

#5. The real illegal's are the Whites and Blacks and all others in between who came into the county uninvited and stole it all through man made laws ! ! !

#6. Many people need to think
and get somemore info before they ...

Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
#1. This thread is not about Mexicans.

#2. There is no such thing as an illegal alien which would be from outer space they are illegal immigrants from any other country if they come here unlawfully.

#3. The Mexicans where in this country long before the White or Black man ever come here. They were as far north as The Oregon Area and clear into Texas which belonged to Mexico.

#4. The Mexicans were driven out by a war of theft and murder, and now they are coming back to there home land which was theirs in the first place right along with the other Indians.

#5. The real illegal's are the Whites and Blacks and all others in between who came into the county uninvited and stole it all through man made laws ! ! !

#6. Many people need to think
and get somemore info before they ...

Buy yourself a dictionary. Alien just means foreigner. It could be a space alien but it also means someone who is a foreigner in a country. Why do you think there is a resident alien card? Is it being given to green people from outer space? I don't think so!

No one born in this country today is an illegal alien regardless of their race. Living in the past, are we? What has that do with those of us alive today? Those people are all dead now and we aren't responsible for what our ancestors did or didn't do hundreds of years ago. Grow up!

Mexicans were not here before the white Europeans or blacks either. Mexico didn't even exist as a country back then. Buy yourself a history book also. Indigenous indians were here first and even they migrated from somewhere else. Here's a hot flash for you, most Mexican's ancestors came from a white European country also. It's called Spain! So I guess that makes them illegal invaders via their ancestors also then, right?

Any by the way the indian ancestors of the Mexicans (Aztecs, Mayans, etc.) did not settle within our borders. They settled way south of our borders. Those tribes that did are all full fledged American citizens now. Go cry to the Camanche, Apache, over land they posses that you think belongs to Mexicans.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,397,671 times
Quote:
Yes, that's better...

How many of the LEGAL Mexican immigrants actually support them being here illegally? Most of the ones I know do not support that, in fact just recently my (American-born) Mexican co-worker was bitching about a known illegal family who frequents our library... she cares even more than I do, mostly because it gives people like you a reason to stereotype her. Where are you getting the idea that most of them support this?

But it's still irrelevant to this particular thread, since the OP was only asking a hypothetical question with no mention of where you/they might be coming from & going to - for all you know they're European, and were thinking of African immigrants when they posted.
Mexican officials are constantly demanding we give citizenship to their citizens. Illegals enjoy widespread support in the hispanic community. Many elected officials of hispanic descent are totally in favor of amnesty for illegals solely because they are largely hispanic including Robert Menendez, the senate's only Latino senator and a racist and ethnic nationalist of ludicrous proportions.

It is not irrelevant to point out where most illegals come from. Facts are not irrevelant in any debate. It's silly to argue otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration