Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It's a risk vs reward, in the eyes of a god fearing person that could be the difference.
Yes, risk vs. reward. That's the basis for most unlawful behavior.

Does a "God-fearing person" willfully ignore His Ten Commandments? Do you think God condones liars, cheats, and thieves? I think not. You really should leave God out of this discussion.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:33 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, risk vs. reward. That's the basis for most unlawful behavior.

Does a "God-fearing person" willfully ignore His Ten Commandments? Do you think God condones liars, cheats, and thieves? I think not. You really should leave God out of this discussion.
LOL @ how serious this place is.

It was a hypothetical question, calm down.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
LOL @ how serious this place is.

It was a hypothetical question, calm down.
Illegal immigration IS a very serious problem in this country. Calm down? A person can't address your post without being accused of some kind of irrational emotionalism?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Illegal immigration IS a very serious problem in this country. Calm down? A person can't address your post without being accused of some kind of irrational emotionalism?
It's a hypothetical question...

Reality =/= Hypothetical

Hypothetically, we're millionaires!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:55 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...Do you think God condones liars, cheats, and thieves? I think not. You really should leave God out of this discussion.
Well, The Lord's Prayer is to God, and does ask for Him to not lead us into temptation...

Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
No one I know of automatically assumes that anyone here speaking Spanish is illegal. That is just the defenders of illegal alien's propaganda.
Haha... then clearly you haven't read many threads here, as I've read those very words myself from certain members.

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-17-2012 at 12:10 AM..

Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
I see, so us saying that we would not break the immigration laws of this country or any others is "irrational"?
Nope, never said that... but considering the incessant rambling and inability to stay on topic, I'd go with "yes" in terms of HOW you've handled this topic. The actual replies to the actual OP, however, are perfectly reasonable and rational for the most part.

Quote:
If you don't like this board you might find one of those lefty, advocate for illegal alien boards more to your liking.
No thanks! It's not really a subject I often discuss, nor care to discuss with a bunch of other "lefties." Do you even know my political persuasion, or my actual stance on illegal immigration? You might know the former from my postings on P&OC, but I can't ever recall mentioning the latter here. Hmmmm.

You are correct about my not liking this board (sub-forum), which is why I only pop in when a subject on the landing page catches my attention... and it doesn't take long for me to remember why I stayed away in the first place! Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, although it has been fun messing around with you guys on this one - amazing how I can say nothing of substance, and still get such detailed/personal and angry responses. LOL

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-17-2012 at 12:15 AM..

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Absolutely.

I would likely buy into the "American Dream" that is so intensely marketed, and try to get in to give my family a better life. You bet. I don't blame the immigrants for seeking a better life.

Now if we can just find a way to get these damn Conservatives OUT of the country. Immigrants can take their place.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:27 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Haha... then clearly you haven't read many threads here, as I've read those very words myself from certain members.
gizmo980: you can blame illegal aliens for making ALL people speaking Spanish suspect. Just like if MOST illegal aliens were Gaelic speaking Irish, I'd be watching my back. It is what it is.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:29 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I would likely buy into the "American Dream" that is so intensely marketed, and try to get in to give my family a better life. You bet. I don't blame the immigrants for seeking a better life.

Now if we can just find a way to get these damn Conservatives OUT of the country. Immigrants can take their place.
Then be ready to pay the piper if caught. Either by gangs trying to extort money from you since going to the cops is no option or by being deported and losing everything. I don't know about you but I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be living in the shadows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration