Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
it has nothing to do with helping out people, every thing to do with rule of law. if you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you!!
Rule of law means that ILLEGAL aliens wouldn't be here because they would all go home.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 PM

44 posts, read 43,002 times
Quote:
the border can be secure and of the few that do get trough e-verify will take care. word will get around in Mexico and other nations that they can't work unless they are legal that will stop 90% of illegals from attempting to come in the first place!the fact that it is so easy to come here, its almost like an invitation to come here! the people we put in office are the ones that can put a stop to it if they wanted to, their feet just have to be put in the fire!
Silliness. 45% of the illegals work off book already. You tighten down it goes to 75%. The illegals lose and the US loses tax revenue.

As a practical matter there is no way to deport 10 million people.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:30 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetic3 View Post
Silliness. 45% of the illegals work off book already. You tighten down it goes to 75%. The illegals lose and the US loses tax revenue.

As a practical matter there is no way to deport 10 million people.
I am talking about securing the boaders and stoping the flow nothing else! don't understand how the U.S. loses tax revenue. the place where i work 2 worker were let go because of their status in the U.S. and 2 were hired to take their place they had legal status possibly citizens i don't know. I am sure they used e-verify so they were legal. no tax revenue lost! it works perfactly!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Rule of law means that ILLEGAL aliens wouldn't be here because they would all go home.
I think me and you agree! rule of law means there are laws and they have to be enforce!! with your thinking we wouldn't have to worry about anything, thieves, killers, white collar crimes. because you think everyone is going to fallow the laws!! wrong they have to enforced!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I am talking about securing the boaders and stoping the flow nothing else! don't understand how the U.S. loses tax revenue. the place where i work 2 worker were let go because of their status in the U.S. and 2 were hired to take their place they had legal status possibly citizens i don't know. I am sure they used e-verify so they were legal. no tax revenue lost! it works perfactly!
The two guys laid off went home and got a job for Uncle Jose off the books. US lost the tax revenue from their employment. At least FICA.

It adds up to a substantial sum.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Securing the boarder is unworkable at the existing illegal population levels. 40% of the illegals overstay legal entry. No amount of border security stops that...and given the nature of the Mexico/America border it is never going to be very secure. Mother nature takes care of that.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
The two guys laid off went home and got a job for Uncle Jose off the books. US lost the tax revenue from their employment. At least FICA.

It adds up to a substantial sum.
how about the 2 guy who got work at the company they now will pay taxes! why not go after jose with e-verify and make him put his worker on the books! uncle jose is breaking the law a threat of jail time will do!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
how about the 2 guy who got work at the company they now will pay taxes! why not go after jose with e-verify and make him put his worker on the books! uncle jose is breaking the law a threat of jail time will do!
The two guys could have been working elsewhere or gain alternate employment.

And laying those two guys off encouraged Uncle Jose to break the law. The chances of actually going to jail is virtually nil in a lot of fields. If caught maybe a fine but even that is unlikely.

We pretty much count on the tax payer being honest.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
The two guys could have been working elsewhere or gain alternate employment.

And laying those two guys off encouraged Uncle Jose to break the law. The chances of actually going to jail is virtually nil in a lot of fields. If caught maybe a fine but even that is unlikely.

We pretty much count on the tax payer being honest.
wow if those 2 guys left a job some where else, they had to be replaced by two more guys! fine stiff fines is the way to go!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,553 times
Quote:
the border can be secure and of the few that do get trough e-verify will take care. word will get around in Mexico and other nations that they can't work unless they are legal that will stop 90% of illegals from attempting to come in the first place!
We all agree!

Quote:
the fact that it is so easy to come here, its almost like an invitation to come here! the people we put in office are the ones that can put a stop to it if they wanted to, their feet just have to be put in the fire!
I agree we need to elect more persons that are of the mindset to rid us of illegal immigrants, the issue comes now in Congress, how does anybody get anything passed when the issue is toxic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration