U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2012, 11:08 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Reputation: 2345

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
With the vast majority of those because of their immediate relationship to a U.S. citizen...

But we've seen on this very forum complaints specifically about legal immigration from Mexico, and even claims that Mexicans immigrating legally are still violating immigration law. Fear mongering that low-income Mexicans are able to legally immigrate without sponsorship. And complete fabrications of stories and false facts against Mexicans without an aspect to illegal immigration.

I wonder why it comes up so much here, without any external prompting at all...
Who cares if they have a relationship with a US citizen? That does not give them the right to break our immigration laws. You don't have the right to automatically skip the immigration laws if you have no skills and don't speak English just because you have a relative who lives here.

The point about legal immigration from Mexico is a legitimate one. We literally let in thousands of Mexicans every single year legally. Should every single Mexican who wants to come here? Far too many Mexicans seem to think so. We're supposed to serve as their backup plan which is completely ridiculous.

Pointing out that most of the Mexicans who come here illegally do not speak English and are high school drop outs with no skills we need is not fear mongering. It is the truth, no matter how uncomfortable you seem to find it.

FYI, I am still waiting for an apology from you. In a prior thread you implied I was a racist for using the name Pedro to describe an illegal even though the illegal in question was in fact named Pedro.



If Mexicans do not be associated with illegals, Mexican leaders should stop encouraging millions of their countrymen to violate our immigration laws. Many hispanic leaders and people and their fellow Mexicans want it both ways. They want to side with illegals solely because most illegals are hispanic and at the same time they don't want to be thought of as having anything to do with illegals. Worse, they want to accuse anyone who even notices this fact of being a racist even as they themselves think solely in racial terms.

Forget it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 AM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Jury duty, voting, and political office?...

Those are the primary rights reserved to U.S. citizens...
Okay and your point is what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Who cares if they have a relationship with a US citizen? That does not give them the right to break our immigration laws. You don't have the right to automatically skip the immigration laws if you have no skills and don't speak English just because you have a relative who lives here.

The point about legal immigration from Mexico is a legitimate one. We literally let in thousands of Mexicans every single year legally. Should every single Mexican who wants to come here? Far too many Mexicans seem to think so. We're supposed to serve as their backup plan which is completely ridiculous...
Every Mexican that qualifies by their relationship to a U.S. citizen able to sponsor them should be able to legally immigrate...

And that does not depend on their knowledge of English or skills that they have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
...FYI, I am still waiting for an apology from you. In a prior thread you implied I was a racist for using the name Pedro to describe an illegal even though the illegal in question was in fact named Pedro...
I apologize, for implying that YOu are a racist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 11:38 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Every Mexican that qualifies by their relationship to a U.S. citizen able to sponsor them should be able to legally immigrate...

And that does not depend on their knowledge of English or skills that they have...



I apologize, for implying that YOu are a racist...
Why is it! that any one who speaks rationale, and the truth, gets flack. Did you not grow up with parents that taught you right from wrong.


Was breaking the law, acceptable to you and your parents, well not to mine., and illegals get away with more then anyone could imagine.

Try this shi-- in Mexico, let me know what happens to you, when you start demanding certain rights from the government.

Those of us who want things done in the right way, are the lease bit racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
...Did you not grow up with parents that taught you right from wrong. Was breaking the law, acceptable to you and your parents, well not to mine., and illegals get away with more then anyone could imagine...
What do my parents have to do with it?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 11:53 AM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,464,108 times
Reputation: 3580
Is it racist to constantly lash out at brown skinned people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
No it is not racist to demand and expect action in regards to illegal immigration.....
The charge of racism is a favorite tool used by the pro side to deflect and distort.
Or those who are sensitive about the worst offenders being called out as the worst offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 12:12 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Every Mexican that qualifies by their relationship to a U.S. citizen able to sponsor them should be able to legally immigrate...
Why? What if they have a medical condition or are adults and speak no English?

Legal immigrants aren't supposed to be a burden on American citizens. Illegals think they should have the right to violate ALL American laws including those governing legal immigration.

Quote:
And that does not depend on their knowledge of English or skills that they have...
It should. We are under no moral or legal obligation to allow foreign nationals to come here just because they are related to an American citizen.

This is absurd. No country would tell foreign nationals they don't have to learn the national language or demonstrate any skills or that they can collect welfare from citizens just because they have a relationship with a local.

Why should Americans? Why should I personally have to pay more in taxes or get told to learn Spanish just because some guy in Mexico has a brother who lives here?



Do you think that ANYONE -- with mental illness or a criminal record or someone who is blind or diabetic or 95 -- should just be able to march across the border and claim the right to live here and get access to the American welfare system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 12:15 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is it racist to constantly lash out at brown skinned people?
Is is racist to constantly lash out at ILLEGAL aliens? I don't care what color they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is it racist to constantly lash out at brown skinned people?
Is is racist for brown skinned people to demand the right to violate our immigration laws just because they have brown skin? Or to side with those who do just because they have brown skin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top