U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, I'm saying that anyone that qualifies to be sponsored, by someone able to sponsor them, should be able to legally immigrate...
And some or most of us think that the laws on sponsorship should be altered to meet with the changing times and needs of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,019,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And some or most of us think that the laws on sponsorship should be altered to meet with the changing times and needs of this country.
Well, then post it to the Legal Immigration forum...

Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Well, then post it to the Legal Immigration forum...
You first. It was your initial remark about legal immigration that I was replying to. In fact no one else in here posts more about legal immigration than you do.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
You first. It was your initial remark about legal immigration that I was replying to. In fact no one else in here posts more about legal immigration than you do.
How many new threads do YOu see me generate here? I am responding to all of the threads that talk about curtailing legal immigration, or want to complain about some aspect of it (if someone qualifies for immigration by their relationship to a U.S. citizen, their skills, education, or whether they know English is not considered). YOu guys aren't even concerned with being correct in YOur terminology or focus, and bring up ethnicity more than it needs to be involved.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
How many new threads do YOu see me generate here? I am responding to all of the threads that talk about curtailing legal immigration, or want to complain about some aspect of it (if someone qualifies for immigration by their relationship to a U.S. citizen, their skills, education, or whether they know English is not considered). YOu guys aren't even concerned with being correct in YOur terminology or focus, and bring up ethnicity more than it needs to be involved.
And that is exactly what I am doing, replying to remarks about legal immigration. It's ok for you but not me? You might not start topics in here about legal immigration but you manage to turn many of the illegal alien topics into a legal immigration topic. Who's you guys? You just don't like the fact mentioned that it is Mexicans and other Latinos that are here by far in largest numbers illegally. Sorry, but they are the ones marching in our streets, making demands and have all of these Hispanic based advocacy groups and Hispanic politicians vying for them in this country. Why are facts offensive to you?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:26 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Quote:
And that is exactly what I am doing, replying to remarks about legal immigration. It's ok for you but not me? You might not start topics in here about legal immigration but you manage to turn many of the illegal alien topics into a legal immigration topic. Who's you guys? You just don't like the fact mentioned that it is Mexicans and other Latinos that are here by far in largest numbers illegally. Sorry, but they are the ones marching in our streets, making demands and have all of these Hispanic based advocacy groups and Hispanic politicians vying for them in this country. Why are facts offensive to you?
It's like the pro illegal people WON'T come out and be honest about wanting amnesty and so on. But those of us who DON'T amnesty, etc. are up front about saying it.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's like the pro illegal people WON'T come out and be honest about wanting amnesty and so on...
Whom are YOu identifying as "pro illegal"?...

What do YOu mean with such terminology?...

Also define YOur term of "amnesty"...

Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's like the pro illegal people WON'T come out and be honest about wanting amnesty and so on. But those of us who DON'T amnesty, etc. are up front about saying it.
Exactly.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
Quote:
Every Mexican that qualifies by their relationship to a U.S. citizen able to sponsor them should be able to legally immigrate...

And that does not depend on their knowledge of English or skills that they have...

I apologize, for implying that YOu are a racist...
It should most definitely depend on their ability to learn English and have enough skills that they are not just going to end up mooching off the taxpayers.

The sponsor should be required to provide his/her immigrant with all the immigrant needs including a good health insurance plan.

And no one incapable of learning English should be here ahead of someone who is well prepared to assimilate. That means people from India, and people from Barbados who can learn and speak English should be ahead of those who cannot communicate in the language of this country.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
I agree that the sponsor should be responsible for providing health insurance and the immigrants daily needs. They should also be responsible legally for the person they sponsor's actions. As far as english speaking ability. How do we judge ones ability to learn? Are we saying that the immigrant be able to pass a test to determine their ability to speak english? If so I can agree with this the exception being sponsoring an infant or young child or an elderly parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or