U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:51 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so you are going to stereotype all anti-illegals over one person's actions? Get a clue. Most anti-illegals aren't sleeping with the "invaders". Yet you defenders of illegal aliens get all offended when "facts" are presented about illegals and you call it stereotyping and get all bent out of shape? Pot, kettle, black.

Anti-"immigrant"? Who is anti-"immigrant"?
Yeah. Everyone who believes in having immigration laws is now a homosexual with a lover here illegally. Sure....that's the ticket.

I suspect the illegal is going for a U visa, all they have to do for that is claim to be some kind of victim. The illegal needs to be deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 AM

5,763 posts, read 4,209,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Anti-immigrant? I don't think Babeu has a problem with legal aliens, just the ILLEGAL kind.

The "source" that outed him is the New Times; which is so damn pro illegal alien it's sick. I'd like to see IT investigated.

"Jose" is here on a 10-year visa, and maintains that he's here legally. As for Babeu, he was outed by the Phoenix New Times, not the NYT.

Sheriff Paul Babeu's Ex-Boyfriend Speaks to CNN: VIDEO |Gay News|Gay Blog Towleroad

Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
"Jose" is here on a 10-year visa, and maintains that he's here legally. As for Babeu, he was outed by the Phoenix New Times, not the NYT.

Sheriff Paul Babeu's Ex-Boyfriend Speaks to CNN: VIDEO |Gay News|Gay Blog Towleroad
And if Jose told Babeau that he was here on a 10-year visa, then Babeau didn't know he was an illegal. Deport the scumball. Apparently he's not only here illegally, he's a liar who attempted to blackmail Babeau.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And if Jose told Babeau that he was here on a 10-year visa, then Babeau didn't know he was an illegal. Deport the scumball. Apparently he's not only here illegally, he's a liar who attempted to blackmail Babeau.

Babeu was quite the darling of the Tea Party, and has been in LE for some time, yet I'm expected to believe that he had no way of knowing if "Jose" is here legally or not? Apparently "Jose" had a working visa, as he was clearly employed; that's how Babeu blackmailed him...by threatening him with deportation. And "Jose" also seems to have e-mails and texts to back up his assertions.

[quote]

Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN nonimmigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers. You may be eligible for TN nonimmigrant status, if:
  • You are a citizen of Canada or Mexico
  • Your profession qualifies under the regulations
  • The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional
  • You have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer (but not self-employment - see documentation required below)
  • You have the qualifications of the profession [end quote]
USCIS - TN NAFTA Professionals

Old 02-21-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Babeu was quite the darling of the Tea Party, and has been in LE for some time, yet I'm expected to believe that he had no way of knowing if "Jose" is here legally or not? Apparently "Jose" had a working visa, as he was clearly employed; that's how Babeu blackmailed him...by threatening him with deportation. And "Jose" also seems to have e-mails and texts to back up his assertions.
It's possible Jose had a visa but it expired? And now he's trying to blackmail his ex-lover because he's looking for victim status and an easy U visa?

If Jose had a work visa then Babeau did not have a lover here illegally. If Jose is now here illegally then he simply needs to be deported. Who cares if he had a lover or not here?

Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
It's possible Jose had a visa but it expired? And now he's trying to blackmail his ex-lover because he's looking for victim status and an easy U visa?

If Jose had a work visa then Babeau did not have a lover here illegally. If Jose is now here illegally then he simply needs to be deported. Who cares if he had a lover or not here?

Good grief...the man's name is BABEU. And there are extended visas for people from all over the world to do business here; "Jose" is hardly an exception, except that he came here from Mexico. He isn't blackmailing anyone...he's asked for nothing except to be able to work and lead a life without Babeu's pulling strings to get him deported. Babeu is just miffed that he was outed and exposed as a hypocrite when immigrants are concerned.

[quote]
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, a Republican rising star and a leading candidate for Congress, is facing accusations that he and his attorney threatened to deport a Mexican former boyfriend of Babeu's if the man refused to agree to not disclose the relationship, according to explosive revelations published Friday by Phoenix New Times. [end quote]

Read more: Article's claim: Babeu threatened alleged boyfriend

Old 02-21-2012, 09:33 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
[quote=Evenstar51;23075407]Good grief...the man's name is BABEU. And there are extended visas for people from all over the world to do business here; "Jose" is hardly an exception, except that he came here from Mexico. He isn't blackmailing anyone...he's asked for nothing except to be able to work and lead a life without Babeu's pulling strings to get him deported. Babeu is just miffed that he was outed and exposed as a hypocrite when immigrants are concerned.

Quote:
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, a Republican rising star and a leading candidate for Congress, is facing accusations that he and his attorney threatened to deport a Mexican former boyfriend of Babeu's if the man refused to agree to not disclose the relationship, according to explosive revelations published Friday by Phoenix New Times. [end quote]

Some might argue that, that is only 1 side of the story. I dont care if the man is gay. I do care if he attempted to use his position of authority illegally. I would say that the press is not a court of law and that the press very seldom prints the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. In my 49 years of life I have found the press to be anything but a reliable sourse.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
[quote=Evenstar51;23075407]Good grief...the man's name is BABEU. And there are extended visas for people from all over the world to do business here; "Jose" is hardly an exception, except that he came here from Mexico. He isn't blackmailing anyone...he's asked for nothing except to be able to work and lead a life without Babeu's pulling strings to get him deported. Babeu is just miffed that he was outed and exposed as a hypocrite when immigrants are concerned.

Quote:

"Immigrants"? I wasn't aware that Babeu had a problem with "immigrants".

Old 02-21-2012, 05:03 PM

[quote=tinman01;23076780]
Quote:
Good grief...the man's name is BABEU. And there are extended visas for people from all over the world to do business here; "Jose" is hardly an exception, except that he came here from Mexico. He isn't blackmailing anyone...he's asked for nothing except to be able to work and lead a life without Babeu's pulling strings to get him deported. Babeu is just miffed that he was outed and exposed as a hypocrite when immigrants are concerned.

Some might argue that, that is only 1 side of the story. I dont care if the man is gay. I do care if he attempted to use his position of authority illegally. I would say that the press is not a court of law and that the press very seldom prints the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. In my 49 years of life I have found the press to be anything but a reliable sourse.

There's plenty of video available on this subject, and it's difficult to argue with what Babeu himself has said. I don't have a dog in this fight, just don't think it's fair to demonize "Jose" when Babeu was the one living a lie and possibly abusing his power.

Backlash, support for Ariz. sheriff over ex-lover, gay secret

Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
These right wing types always have dirty little secrets don't they. I bet this guy is a birther idiot also. He jumps right in and supports mitt. What a group
You do realize that Mitt has a SuperPac largely funded by a pro-gay rights billionaire, right? I thought Progressives were pro-gay, does that only count if the political leanings of gays are to the far left Progressive?

Hypocrits!

Quote:
Pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or