U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,382,004 times

Advertisements

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) Ana Jimenez and her husband were so terrified of being sent back to their native Mexico when Alabama's tough crackdown on illegal immigrants took effect that they fled more than 2,000 miles to Los Angeles, cramming into a two-bedroom apartment with more than 20 other relatives.

Immigrants trickling back to Ala despite crackdown - Yahoo! News

What part of being illegal don't you illegal aliens get? Now Jimenez has a big, fat target on her back; if she's lucky, it'll be the Alabama cops nabbing her for something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 08:58 AM

2,402 posts, read 3,476,689 times
Notice how the news media calls them "immigrants" a term related to being of legal residence.

These people are invaders that make it harder on citizens.

Anyone who hires them is as bad as the illegals themselves. No, they are actually worse.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM

12,797 posts, read 12,824,597 times
My question is this: Why Alabama? Let's be honest, it's probably the worst state in the US outside of Mississippi. Forget the illegal issue, why would anyone move there?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:01 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,959,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
My question is this: Why Alabama? Let's be honest, it's probably the worst state in the US outside of Mississippi. Forget the illegal issue, why would anyone move there?
Ever been to New jersey? I ask that very same question.
Why would anyone want to live in Illinois? High taxes, blatent corruption and no hope in sight. There are plenty of places I would avoid living at all costs. But what that has to do with illegal immigration eludes me.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM

4,743 posts, read 8,483,300 times
Bless your little heart, jbcmh81, with your attitude I'm sure we'd rather you not move here.

Reading the article, some of those who 'self-deported' did so because of the liberal hype about racial profiling and police roundups - which did not happen and were never part of the immigration law (but thanks anyway). The article suggests that parts of the law are working as intended - it's tougher for illegals to find jobs. BTW the unemployment rate in Alabama (for US citizens) has dropped a few points since the law was passed.

When the law is fully implemented (after court challenges and training police / officials etc), I expect that illegals will be "trickling back" to somewhere else.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:54 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,397,164 times
Yeah. Those are exactly the people we want to give permission to skip the immigration lines. People who live twenty people in a tiny apartment who don't speak English and break our employment laws.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or