U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM

840 posts, read 658,985 times

Advertisements

Immigrants trickling back to Ala despite crackdown - Yahoo! News

Coming back to steal more jobs. At least one of them couldn't find a job hopefully an American citizen got it. Sucks not all employers are doing citizenship checks. It puzzles me Obama claims to want to help the economy but would rather sue states therefore wasting resources and money and time trying to prevent American citizens from getting jobs and keeping illegals in those jobs...guess Obama truly is a liar. He claims he is for job creation but do so you need to get rid of the illegals taking the jobs.Can't have it both ways ya lying kenyan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,152,886 times
Americans will not work the fields or pick crops. Alabama farmers suffered millions in losses from unpicked crops. Illegals are skilled labor; they know how to get it done. Leave them alone.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 PM

30,794 posts, read 17,151,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Americans will not work the fields or pick crops. Alabama farmers suffered millions in losses from unpicked crops. Illegals are skilled labor; they know how to get it done. Leave them alone.
Then please tell us why the Alabama UE rate went DOWN after the law was passed?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM

Lies. Plain. Simple. Lies.

The Feds Had Better Stop Alabama

That is just one link. I am trying to find another that showed black and white AMERICANS working in the tomato fields where illegals had been before. That is the great thing about the private sector. You either fight to win or you die off. I could care less if some of the companies go out of business its their own fault for employing illegals for cents a day.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:43 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,600,918 times
Quote:
You do realize that we have WAY more illegal immigrants in this country than we have those so-called farm jobs, right? I do not understand how in the year 2012 people still think that all illegal immigrants are working in some field in the hot sun. It doesn't work like that. My opinion is if people are going to defend illegal immigrants and tell other people to "leave them alone" that those people should learn about illegal immigration and know what is really going on. Otherwise, you all have no say in this. People don't want to leave illegal immigrants alone when they are affected by it or know the politics, facts and truth of it.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,748,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Then explain to me why he sues states willing do to what he and every politician before him refused to do. Seems to me in just a few months the states have done what has taken presidents more than 50 years to do. Putting American citizens back to work and forcing the illegals to leave.He may claim to do the things you say above but it ain't working. The states have to defend themselves.
States can't make up immigration laws, that's a federal issue. Not to mention that it's a violation of the 4th amendment. Ron Paul himself opposes the real ID act, which sounds a lot like the Arizona law. Ron Paul has also voiced distrust and suspicions about Arizona's law. He has even stated that Hispanics are being made scapegoats. What do you think about the real ID act, and do you even know much about Ron Paul?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 PM

10,732 posts, read 11,477,936 times
Quote:
Then explain to me why he sues states willing do to what he and every politician before him refused to do. Seems to me in just a few months the states have done what has taken presidents more than 50 years to do. Putting American citizens back to work and forcing the illegals to leave.He may claim to do the things you say above but it ain't working. The states have to defend themselves.
Obama hasn't sued anyone. The federal government and states have something called the constitution they have to abide to. If portions of a bill are unconstitutional, they can't be passed.
Like I mentioned before the main problem is the employers that are hiring them. Nothing is more effective than "cutting of the food" so to speak. The states can and should pass laws such as making it a felony to hire an illegal with mandatory jail time for those that do which would be a much for effective option.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
States can't make up immigration laws, that's a federal issue. Not to mention that it's a violation of the 4th amendment. Ron Paul himself opposes the real ID act, which sounds a lot like the Arizona law. Ron Paul has also voiced distrust and suspicions about Arizona's law. He has even stated that Hispanics are being made scapegoats. What do you think about the real ID act, and do you even know much about Ron Paul?

He is also for states rights. States have the right to defend themselves against a threat. Which is what illegal immigration is. Its costing the state millions of dollars and costing American citizens jobs.I guess the SC will decide on this March 1st. Lets hope they make the correct decision.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:53 PM

1,310 posts, read 913,254 times
Quote:
How about we don't leave them alone, continue to harass them, and send them back to where they came from for breaking the law.

If I went to Best Buy and stole a TV, I wouldn't expect people to tell the police to "Leave Me Alone". We have a border, and we have laws in place to penalize those who breach our border.

Keep up the good work Obama! Send all illegal aliens, regardless of national origin, back to their homes!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,748,484 times
Quote:
He is also for states rights. States have the right to defend themselves against a threat. Which is what illegal immigration is. Its costing the state millions of dollars and costing American citizens jobs.I guess the SC will decide on this March 1st. Lets hope they make the correct decision.
Your candidate has been critical of Arizona SB1070, yet you create a post against Obama accusing him of the same thing. Either you know nothing about Obama or know nothing about Paul. Take your pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration