U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:14 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I'm willing to bet most people who are anti-illegal immigration want to curb legal immigration.

Let's take a poll shall we.
So wanting to curb legal immigration "temporarily" during a time when our population growth is going through the roof and jobs and resources are scarce is to be anti-legal immigration? You're not making any sense here.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I'm willing to bet most people who are anti-illegal immigration want to curb legal immigration.

Let's take a poll shall we.
Nothing wrong with curbing legal immigration. We need to get OUR act together before we let in lots more people.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM

3,502 posts, read 1,733,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Nothing wrong with curbing legal immigration. We need to get OUR act together before we let in lots more people.
Wanting to repress legal immigration makes one anti legal immigration. How hard is that for people to comprehend.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Wanting to repress legal immigration makes one anti legal immigration. How hard is that for people to comprehend.
Having massive illegal immigration has made immigration in general unsustainable. How hard is that for YOU to comprehend?

Or, do you believe we should simply ignore the unprecedented numbers of foreigners living in our country illegally, and continue to accept more LEGAL immigrants than ALL other countries combined. Should we just throw in the towel, and become the dumping ground for the world, to the detriment of our own citizens? Is that what you propose?

Old 02-23-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Having massive illegal immigration has made immigration in general unsustainable. How hard is that for YOU to comprehend?

Or, do you believe we should simply ignore the unprecedented numbers of foreigners living in our country illegally, and continue to accept more LEGAL immigrants than ALL other countries combined. Should we just throw in the towel, and become the dumping ground for the world, to the detriment of our own citizens? Is that what you propose?
I propose that people get a dictionary. If being against legal immigration isn't anti legal immigration, I don't know what is. Listen I'm not saying you don't have an argument for being anti legal immigration, I'm saying don't pretend you are not.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:46 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
I propose that people get a dictionary. If being against legal immigration isn't anti legal immigration, I don't know what is. Listen I'm not saying you don't have an argument for being anti legal immigration, I'm saying don't pretend you are not.
You are so barking up the wrong tree. If NOT for LEGAL immigration, I would not have my son. So, I would be one of the last to be anti-legal immigration.

However, when a country allows itself to be overrun by illegal aliens, and allows more illegal immigration than legal immigration, despite being THE most welcoming country in the world, something MUST be done. Has your support for illegal aliens blinded you to reality? We can't continue on this path. No country could.

I have no problem standing by my convictions. None whatsoever. If I opposed legal immigration, I would admit it; just as I freely admit to being anti-ILLEGAL immigration. Stop trying to make this something it clearly is not.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
For the umpteenth time, no it doesn't!! Only if someone wants all immigation stopped permanently could they be labeled anti-immigrant. How hard is that for YOU to comprehend?

Old 02-23-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Here is where you go wrong. We aren't against legal immigration for God's sake! But it must be in tune with our needs as a country and to be limited. Limiting legal immigration to reasonable numbers is not being anti-immigrant! In fact it is pro-immigrant! Too much immigration will not only have a negative impact on Americans but on immigrants themselves in regards to jobs and resource availabilities. I am beginning to think you just like to argue. No one could be that dense.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:19 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Quote:
You might think about that dictionary for yourself as you don't seem to understand the word you used as it does not fit the context you are attempting to promulgate.

It's quite difficult to comprehend your claim when you fail to use the correct wording.

Being against legal immigration would be to halt immigration all together, being for fewer immigrants isn't being against legal immigration......comprehension is key along with understanding the words that you use, now please, try again.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
For the umpteenth time, no it doesn't!! Only if someone wants all immigation stopped permanently could they be labeled anti-immigrant. How hard is that for YOU to comprehend?
What do you think should be done about legal immigration from Mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or