Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
My comments
I challenge you to bring forward one woman who finds it flattering to be treated like that unsolicited by a group of nasty, crude, unsavory cretins. Just one. I think you might suffer from delusions if you actually believe your own comments in response to my post. Thanks for trying to make light of the situation by implying that it's "just attraction" - these men make comments about my blond hair and fair skin among other things. Maybe this whole scenario is just a joke to you and the cretins you are defending, after all, you are now bringing monkeys into the mix.

Just because most women don't complain about being groped and pinched (and let's not get into the gorier details), ogled and objectified, doesn't mean that they might find this "flattering". I hope you yourself do not partake in this behavior. Thus far I have at least admired your ability to defend your positions tenaciously and relentlessly, but I really hope you don't try to convince anyone that this behavior is in any way shape or form acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I challenge you to bring forward one woman who finds it flattering to be treated like that unsolicited by a group of nasty, crude, unsavory cretins. Just one. I think you might suffer from delusions if you actually believe your own comments in response to my post. Thanks for trying to make light of the situation by implying that it's "just attraction" - these men make comments about my blond hair and fair skin among other things. Maybe this whole scenario is just a joke to you and the cretins you are defending, after all, you are now bringing monkeys into the mix.

Just because most women don't complain about being groped and pinched (and let's not get into the gorier details), ogled and objectified, doesn't mean that they might find this "flattering". I hope you yourself do not partake in this behavior. Thus far I have at least admired your ability to defend your positions tenaciously and relentlessly, but I really hope you don't try to convince anyone that this behavior is in any way shape or form acceptable.

I get the boobs bouncing movement with the hands, yea real flattering.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:04 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Hold up now. Yes I was being lighthearted, and no it is not acceptable. However, that has nothing to do with racial profiling at all.

Are you referring to Mexicans when you say people are doing this to you? Because I thought you were just saying anyone, honestly my wife gets gawked and whooed at by white, black and hispanic guys and she is 100% Latina (Más que una cara bonita) and no she doesn't like it.

Construction sites, Home Depot you know where all the manly men work tend to do that, I don't think it has anything to do with race. Same would happen on a military base.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:08 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Hold up now. Yes I was being lighthearted, and no it is not acceptable. However, that has nothing to do with racial profiling at all.

Are you referring to Mexicans when you say people are doing this to you? Because I thought you were just saying anyone, honestly my wife gets gawked and whooed at by white, black and hispanic guys and she is 100% Latina.
I gotta tell ya, Latina's hair drives me nuts. So jealous of that, I got the fine hair from the Irish and German sides, nice, and naturally Auburn, but I would love the dark think hair. I have threatned my best friend Marina (she is from Brazil) I would cut her hair off in her sleep and weave it into mine!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:51 PM

3 posts, read 10,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
I agree. Well, except for the polka dot one. If someone is polka dot colored, I mean you may want to avoid them for health reasons
I agree with you. We have a huge problem in our elementary school with the illegal issues. On the school bus it is a nightmare. I kringe everytime my kids come off the bus. Waiting to here that these people ganged up on my son once again. The phone calls to the school do no good. We have at least 4 to 5 illegal houses on the street. I don't know who to call anymore. Police want nothing to do with this its not their jurisdiction. Do you know who I call.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2nicks View Post
I agree with you. We have a huge problem in our elementary school with the illegal issues. On the school bus it is a nightmare. I kringe everytime my kids come off the bus. Waiting to here that these people ganged up on my son once again. The phone calls to the school do no good. We have at least 4 to 5 illegal houses on the street. I don't know who to call anymore. Police want nothing to do with this its not their jurisdiction. Do you know who I call.
If you are experiencing problems with bullying, then you must first contact the school in writing (either by snail mail or email). By law they must respond to complaints they receive in writing. If you are not happy with the school's solution, then you can take it to the school board. If the board doesn't do anything, then you can file for a due process hearing with the state. At this point you might look into legal representation, but parents have succeeded in some cases without an attorney.

All of this should have been outline in your children's school's grievance policy. Why not call the school and demand a copy of it if they didn't send one home at the beginning of the school year? There is nothing as intimidating to a school's administration as a parent who is informed about policies and procedures. You have to play by their rules to beat them at their game.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:07 PM

537 posts, read 441,046 times
Quote:
I am much more discreet now that I am married! Now I usually drop something on the ground and ask my wife to pick it up before I gawk at the waitress.

=O
Not surprised at all.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,330 times
Quote:
It depends on what state you are in.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:24 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,330 times
Quote:
In addition to what DontH8Me said, you could also check if the school bus has a security camera. They usually loop the tapes, so if your child has a specific complaint on a certain day, you could call and request the tape pulled and reviewed by the administration before it is recorded over. Hopefully the incident will be captured on the camera, but to help in that regard he could find out where the camera is and make sure he sits in an area where there is a higher chance it will be caught on tape. I'll bet the bus driver would be happy to accommodate you and assist you because he or she probably has a hard time controlling the bullies too.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:42 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
30-40% of the total population of some western Kansas towns are under the age of 18. This is a commercial agriculture area with meat packing plants. Garden City, Dodge City, and Liberal have over 50% Hispanic population. Kansas is a sancutary state for illegal immigrants as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration