U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2012, 03:52 PM
 
3,863 posts, read 3,173,866 times
Reputation: 2466

Advertisements

Which states have gained and lost the most illegal immigrants? | states, illegally, country - News - The Orange County Register
From the Pew Hispanic report, doen't state how the info was gathered or how valid it really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517
Its disturbing to think about, but some states have larger illegal populations than some other states have legal citizens. yet we have apologists who try to minimize the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:10 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Which states have gained and lost the most illegal immigrants? | states, illegally, country - News - The Orange County Register
From the Pew Hispanic report, doen't state how the info was gathered or how valid it really is.
Note one of the commenters uses the ole crop picking argument to defend them? There should be a national bulletin put out that only 3% of illegals are picking crops to shut down that argument once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:33 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,584 posts, read 7,990,922 times
Reputation: 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
only 3% of illegals are picking crops
But what percentage of crops are picked by illegals?

(Of the crops that are hand-picked, of course. Crops like corn and wheat, that are harvested by large machines, obviously don't count.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:42 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,584 posts, read 7,990,922 times
Reputation: 4151
Whether a state is gaining or losing illegal immigrants, is strangly affected by what the laws are in each state... and how those laws change with time.

-------------------------------------------

Uncertainty lingers in wake of Alabama immigration law

In wake of immigration law, some migrants return to Alabama

by Alan Gomez, USA TODAY
Updated 20h 53m ago

When Alabama's immigration law went into effect in September, it sent shock waves throughout Hispanic communities within the state. Whole families left overnight, parents pulled their children out of school, and city centers became ghost towns as legal and illegal immigrants alike hid from police.
Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection

Last edited by Yac; 02-22-2012 at 03:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Whether a state is gaining or losing illegal immigrants, is strangly affected by what the laws are in each state... and how those laws change with time.

-------------------------------------------

Uncertainty lingers in wake of Alabama immigration law

In wake of immigration law, some migrants return to Alabama

by Alan Gomez, USA TODAY
Updated 20h 53m ago

When Alabama's immigration law went into effect in September, it sent shock waves throughout Hispanic communities within the state. Whole families left overnight, parents pulled their children out of school, and city centers became ghost towns as legal and illegal immigrants alike hid from police.
Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection
I had to laugh at this remark....Many of them go grocery shopping at night when they can't be seen in their cars.

As if looking into a car LE would be able to tell if there is an illegal alien in it.

Last edited by Yac; 02-22-2012 at 03:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
 
3,863 posts, read 3,173,866 times
Reputation: 2466
As they pour into the midwest and other non border states and strain the infrastructure leeching of social services it will awaken others across the US of what problems and crime they bring.

That's why we are seeing new states enact local legislation to get rid of them. Now it's a National problem.

BTW they can't claim that New York , Minnesota and other parts of the US were part of " stolen Mexican territory" so they'll have to think up some new lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
The article also states that Hispanic legal immigrants were hiding from the police. WTH for? Are these people just plain stupid or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,584 posts, read 7,990,922 times
Reputation: 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The article also states that Hispanic legal immigrants were hiding from the police. WTH for? Are these people just plain stupid or what?
They've been listening to the lies of the illegal-alien activists screaming that the cops are deporting legal and illegal alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The article also states that Hispanic legal immigrants were hiding from the police. WTH for? Are these people just plain stupid or what?
Criminal records they have, arrest warrants and so on. Just because they have their "papers" doesn't mean they aren't smacking their girlfriends and kids around, drunk driving, shoplifting, dealing drugs an so on.

Legal doesn't necessarily mean law-abiding, only that they have some relative living here who brought them in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top