U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So why do YOu put that distinction on Mexico instead of Spain, not matching up with any true timeline? The semantics seem to flex a little around here depending on which point someone wants to bring up. The kicker is that nobody sees a wanna-be map of Aztlan showing that they want to be a part of Mexico either.

And certainly it doesn't include Texas...
You're correct: it was Spain that treated the native Indians bad back in the day.

Texas ran Mexico off just like Guatemala.

 
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I dunno, I've hung out with a bunch of American guys and gals in parts of the world that were very determined to do just that...
Uh, huh and does this reflect the sentiments of the majority of Americans? You know damned well it doesn't. However the polls show that a majority of Mexicans do think they should be able to come to the U.S. without permission and that the southwest still belongs to them.

Mexicans: SouthwestU.S. is ours
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
According to whom?
C'mon, set the record straight. Show us which immigration laws the European settlers violated. Post them here for all to see.
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
C'mon, set the record straight. Show us which immigration laws the European settlers violated. Post them here for all to see.
Natives did have extremely tough immigration laws... in fact in the 17th century they were pretty close to ridding the whole continent of the European illegal immigrants.

You are implying that European illegal immigrants broke no native laws... (I think you mean no European laws).
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Natives did have extremely tough immigration laws... in fact in the 17th century they were pretty close to ridding the whole continent of the European illegal immigrants.

You are implying that European illegal immigrants broke no native laws... (I think you mean no European laws).
Stop playing games. Post the laws.
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Stop playing games. Post the laws.
April 26,1607, three British ships, the Susan Constant, the Godspeed, and the Discovery made landfall in the New World. The settlers aboard those three ships eventually established a settlement at what is now known as Jamestown.

Those original settlers were 104 brave men and boys (there were no women), all of whom were Caucasian Europeans who later became notorious for being angry white males.

These white males came to the New World only to pursue a better life for themselves and their families. In fact, however, these men and boys were America's first illegal aliens.

Native American Indians living in the Jamestown area in 1607 included the Pembroke, Paspahegh, Nansemonds, and Powhatan tribes, among others and tried to eliminate these white illegal settlers...via this declaration and precedent they imply the law.


 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,933 posts, read 30,188,716 times
Reputation: 17748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
April 26,1607, three British ships, the Susan Constant, the Godspeed, and the Discovery made landfall in the New World. The settlers aboard those three ships eventually established a settlement at what is now known as Jamestown.

Those original settlers were 104 brave men and boys (there were no women), all of whom were Caucasian Europeans who later became notorious for being angry white males.

These white males came to the New World only to pursue a better life for themselves and their families. In fact, however, these men and boys were America's first illegal aliens.

Native American Indians living in the Jamestown area in 1607 included the Pembroke, Paspahegh, Nansemonds, and Powhatan tribes, among others and tried to eliminate these white illegal settlers...via this declaration and precedent they imply the law.


What exactly were the borders in 1607 recognized by these tribes?
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What exactly were the borders in 1607 recognized by these tribes?
Borders according to whom? Europeans map posted below...I am sure the Indian borders were much different.

Again...You are implying that European illegal immigrants broke no native laws...

 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
April 26,1607, three British ships, the Susan Constant, the Godspeed, and the Discovery made landfall in the New World. The settlers aboard those three ships eventually established a settlement at what is now known as Jamestown.

Those original settlers were 104 brave men and boys (there were no women), all of whom were Caucasian Europeans who later became notorious for being angry white males.

These white males came to the New World only to pursue a better life for themselves and their families. In fact, however, these men and boys were America's first illegal aliens.

Native American Indians living in the Jamestown area in 1607 included the Pembroke, Paspahegh, Nansemonds, and Powhatan tribes, among others and tried to eliminate these white illegal settlers...via this declaration and precedent they imply the law.


I'm still waiting for THE IMMIGRATION LAW. Not an "implied" law, but an actual written document. Where is it?
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Borders according to whom? Europeans map posted below...I am sure the Indian borders were much different.

Again...You are implying that European illegal immigrants broke no native laws...
A law must first exist to be broken. Now, for the umpteenth time, stop the BS and post the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top