U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 08:04 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Natives? Settlers who came from invader backgrounds is more like it.
The founding fathers were largely born here. That is a fact.

I'm sick and tired of people like Thomas Jefferson and John Addams being held in contempt by those who know nothing about them.

I am a native. I have every legal and moral right to tell illegals to get out and go home. I am sorry some people think otherwise.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:16 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
If there had been cameras in the day, and the photos had survived the ravages of time, I'd have posted images of those as well. And please document your claim that the Chinese and Russians were here before the British. It's your claim, so own it.

All that aside, the fact remains that the Western Hemisphere was occupied long before our European-based civilization ever conceived of a Western Hemisphere.
My claim, own it? The Chinese write of "Trees of Red wood" dating as far back as 2250 BC and again in 458 AD (http://www.asiaticfathers.com/asiatic%20excerpt.htm), the Russians owned Alaska, and were moving down the western coast, they made it to CA just near Bodega Bay, Fort Ross, 1812. Look at that, they arrived in CA after the Spanish and made claim within Spanish Territory, shame on them.

I suggest you go back and read this topic from the beginning.

Quote:
And white people didn't have corn, squash, beans, tobacco, sunflowers, potatoes, and many other valuable resources before they stole them from the original inhabitants.
White People? Stolen goods? I see, you are one of those sympathizing guilt mongers. So blame the Spanish, the true Conquistadors who took what they wanted, in fact, they are still occupying and running most of Mexico, C. and S. America.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-02-2012 at 08:36 AM..

Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Natives? Settlers who came from invader backgrounds is more like it.
You are confusing the settlers with the Conquistadors and lumping them all in one barrel, sorry, you fail!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,965,630 times
Quote:
If there had been cameras in the day, and the photos had survived the ravages of time, I'd have posted images of those as well. And please document your claim that the Chinese and Russians were here before the British. It's your claim, so own it.

Don't know about the Chinese, but technically, the Russians had attempted colonization of California before the British got there. They also had claims on Alaska and NW Canada.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"They" are Apache, Geronimo on the right. There are very well-known accounts of how he felt about outsiders (both Mexican and American). A true "Native Son" of my area.
I know of the picture. He started off fighting the Mexicans due to them killing his mother, later it involved the Americans as they encroached into his territory. Again, it was Spanish Conquest that began his warring, not British or French. The Spanish didn't found the USA, they found the New World.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Through war and expansion the British conquered what is now the United States and Canada. Was it ethical? No. Did it happen? Yes. Are you implying that Mexico should essentially declare war on the United States? Seems like it.
No, I am implying as the OP did: anti-illegals are all hypocrites, this very country was derived by illegal occupation but of course by European standards, they were known as "Pioneers".

That's the actual premise of this thread.

OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Illegal Immigrants. Ask the Native Americans. You are all hypocrites and are the descendants of illegal immigrants. Of course back then they where called Pioneers and Explorers but it's the same difference.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
No, I am implying as the OP did: anti-illegals are all hypocrites, this very country was derived by illegal occupation but of course by European standards, they were known as "Pioneers".

That's the actual premise of this thread.

OP:
Hypocrites? That's an awfully big word for you to be using. Your claim that this country was derived by illegal occupation is rather laughable and only works for the areas the Spanish conquered. As for the founding of the USA, again, the British and the French for that matter actually traded and bartered with the natives, the discrepancy was the understanding of land rights, and yet the Iroquois clearly understood land rights when they conquered the Ohio Valley and later sold it to the Government.

You need to understand history before attempting to lay claim to others are hypocrites, you look to be one yourself, just sayin!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Hypocrites? That's an awfully big word for you to be using. Your claim that this country was derived by illegal occupation is rather laughable and only works for the areas the Spanish conquered. As for the founding of the USA, again, the British and the French for that matter actually traded and bartered with the natives, the discrepancy was the understanding of land rights, and yet the Iroquois clearly understood land rights when they conquered the Ohio Valley and later sold it to the Government.

You need to understand history before attempting to lay claim to others are hypocrites, you look to be one yourself, just sayin!

But I am not an anti-illegal.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,737,418 times
It was founded by Europeans trying to escape the Catholics, Anglicans, etc .....

Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
But I am not an anti-illegal.
So you really have no understanding of the word Hypocrite, you just throw it out there hoping it sticks? All your claims have been shown as incorrect, I suggest learning actual history and the timelines before making claims against others and calling them words you don't understand. Perceptions as made by you and the OP aren't worth the comments you waste, unless you are looking to be educated. You don't seem like you want to be educated, but claim your perception as fact directed at peoples who had nothing to do with those times when you claim all anti-illegals or all anti-illegals are descended from illegal immigrants, when many ancestors of US Citizens didn't come over until after the US was the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration