U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,186,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
And you know for a fact that he doesn't know any other language than English? If he did promote multilingualism, no doubt, the right would land on him like flies. By the way, did you know that ther Obama administration has deported more illegals in the last four years than the previous president did in the eight years he was in office? You didn't know this? Huh.
Did you know that Obama has halted the deportation of 300,000 illegal aliens and handing them work permits just because they weren't "convicted" of a serious crime? I guess working with a fake or stolen I.D. or working under the table which constitutes tax evasion is not a serious crime in his book. He also has informed Homeland Security to apply this same hands off approach to all illegal aliens that haven't gone through our immigration court system yet just as long as they haven't been "convicted" of a serious crime.

Our immigration laws warrant that all illegal aliens be deported, not just a select few. Therefore, Obama gets no applause from me.

I haven't heard that Obama speaks anything other than English. It would seem if he does we would have heard about it. Why isn't he pushing for Americans to become multi-lingual if that is his point of view? Since when has he ever been scared of what the right thinks anyways? It is all irrelevant anyways. As Liquid Reigns pointed out we are an English speaking country and opting to learn another language should be a choice not a demand especially from those who are only pushing Spanish so we can communicate with the group here in the largest numbers illegally.

The hypocricy about this whole language argument is that many if not most Mexicans living in Mexico are mono-lingual Spanish speakers themselves. Bet most don't speak several langauges there. Yet we are demonized for the same thing. Pot, kettle, black.

Last edited by chicagonut; 03-08-2012 at 11:07 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 AM

32,992 posts, read 30,252,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Do you even read your own posts? Just out of curiosity?

At every turn you have justified the actions of illegals while calling Americans all sorts of names. You've told us Americans who want our immigration laws enforced are xenophobic. You've told us that Americans who don't speak Spanish are lazy and arrogant. You've even called me a Christian and a Conservative who approves of Rush Limbaugh!

At no point have you uttered a word of condemnation for those who break our immigration laws. You have said they should even be rewarded for doing so with anmnesty.

Why? Literally about a billion people in this world live on less than $2 a day and in extreme poverty. Do they ALL get to move here? Or just Mexicans?
I think it's fairly obvious someone has a lot of skin in this game.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,718,809 times
Quote:
And you know for a fact that he doesn't know any other language than English? If he did promote multilingualism, no doubt, the right would land on him like flies. By the way, did you know that ther Obama administration has deported more illegals in the last four years than the previous president did in the eight years he was in office? You didn't know this? Huh.
Its quite obvious he's not fluent in other languages. I'm the one that pointed out, in other topics, that Obama has deported more in his first few years then did Bush in his 8, I suggest you do some research on commenters in here prior to making assumptions that you fail to substantiate. Because someone (such as you have shown) knows a few words of other languages, does that constitute being fluent in them, or does that actually prove my point?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 PM

3,579 posts, read 2,658,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Maybe you should read the posts in here. Most of us aren't for rounding them up and deporting them. Most of us are for removing any incentives to remain here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship and continued internal enforcement when they are caught. That will deter many more from coming here also.
But you know that won't happen because they are the ones picking our food and doing those other jobs you refuse to do. So why do you make such an unrealistic demand that you know isn't going to happen?

And not all of them are here solely for jobs. I think you know this. The propaganda you are pushing that Mexico is safe comes from naivity. If you believe it is so safe, I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,396,704 times
Quote:
But you know that won't happen because they are the ones picking our food and doing those other jobs you refuse to do. So why do you make such an unrealistic demand that you know isn't going to happen?

And not all of them are here solely for jobs. I think you know this. The propaganda you are pushing that Mexico is safe comes from naivity. If you believe it is so safe, I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is.
Oh they are not.

Really do you know anything at all about this issue?

Only three percent work in agriculture. Most of the rest work in areas like hotel management and construction. Are you really going to argue that Americans won't build houses?

It's not that Americans won't do many of those jobs. It's that they won't do them for slave wages that won't support a single person let alone an entire family unless you live in squalor. Why on earth do you support such scabs?

Most of the world is unsafe including parts of America. In China you can get jailed for having more than one kid. Should a billion Chinese people have the right to move here?

Why or why not?

And why the hell are Americans and Americans only to be singled out for fixing Mexico's problems? Do other nations have a responsibility to do so? Do Mexicans have any responsibility to fix up their own nation at all?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
On what planet is asking people to take English lessons before they move here (let alone have the nerve to move here in violation of our immigration laws) discrimination against hispanics?

Would that be Planet Can't Read? Or Planet Knee Jerk?

Please tell.
Perhaps you are having difficulty reading MY posts. We were discussing illegal immmigrants, specifically Mexicans and Guatamalans. You said that they shoujld learn English BEFORE they come here. I have pointed out that no other group is required to do that, so you are obviously discriminating against them, and I stand by that accusation. Secondly, who is going to teach them English BEFORE they come here? Third, what law requires them to learn any English at all? Perhaps before you go on your next trip to Acapulco, you should be required to learn Spanish (or whatever native language is being spoken at whatever foreign destination you may have). Two can play that game.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Ok, for the umpteenth time there are unlimted H-2A visas for foreign agricultural workers. There is no reason for the farmers to use illegal labor except to increase their profits. Sorry, but they and the illegals are breaking the law!

There are no other jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who do you think did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal, labor? It is all about greed on the part of these employers not a lack of American workers. We need to make e-verify mandated in every workplace and that would put an end to these greedy employees practices and put illegals out of work. This is hurting our less educated and blue collar workforce. Illegals flooded the construction industry not long ago. Are you claiming that Americans won't do construction work? That is only one example of jobs Americans have always done.

I said most of Mexico was safe not all of it. It is mostly on their northern border that it is not. Twisting my words again?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
So what In the US millions also speak multiple languages, those that choose not to have the right not to. We are one nation with one people, not one nation with multiple groups (India, Belgium, Russia, etc.) Our language is English, period.
Am I the only one who sees a problem with this statement?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you are having difficulty reading MY posts. We were discussing illegal immmigrants, specifically Mexicans and Guatamalans. You said that they shoujld learn English BEFORE they come here. I have pointed out that no other group is required to do that, so you are obviously discriminating against them, and I stand by that accusation. Secondly, who is going to teach them English BEFORE they come here? Third, what law requires them to learn any English at all? Perhaps before you go on your next trip to Acapulco, you should be required to learn Spanish (or whatever native language is being spoken at whatever foreign destination you may have). Two can play that game.
You are comparing a "trip" to a foreign country to someone coming here illegally, working here and residing here for many years?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:51 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,396,704 times
Quote:
Are you really and truly incapable of understanding English at all?

I think ALL illegals and anyone who wants to come here should be required to study English before they get here. Anyone who would read my posts would see that's what I wrote. If they can muster up all that energy to break our laws the least they could do is spend time taking English lessons. They're rude and arrogant when they don't. It's bad enough they break our laws. The least they could do is demonstrate English fluency instead of ludicrously whining we don't master Spanish because their lazy rears are too arrogant to learn English.

Why is this reasonable and rational request discimination?

FYI, if I moved to Mexico permanently I would take as many Spanish classes as I could before I left. Then again according to your "logic" since Detroit is not a nice place I should be allowed to sneak into Mexico, demand that Mexicans learn English and call Mexicans all sorts of nasty names if they don't.

You're a hypocrite. You've repeatedly called out Americans for having the temerity not to know a second language yet you can't muster a single word of condemnation for illegals who aren't bilingual English speakers.

Do you think illegals should EVER learn English? Or should we just shut and be grateful their kids might bother to learn it?

Do illegals have any responsiblities at all? Or are Americans just supposed to fix Mexico's problems, learn Spanish and shut up let we be called racists?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration