U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM

3,450 posts, read 1,111,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Do you even read your own posts? Just out of curiosity?

At every turn you have justified the actions of illegals while calling Americans all sorts of names.
OMG. I should be whipped and beaten, and tarred and feathered. I am such a bad boy.

I have justified on one's actions.

Quote:
You've told us Americans who want our immigration laws enforced are xenophobic.
You say that as if the world doesn't already know that Americans are xenophobic.

Quote:
You've told us that Americans who don't speak Spanish are lazy and arrogant.
No, my point is that Americans who want others to be bilingual so they can remain monolingual are lazy and xenophobic.

Quote:
At no point have you uttered a word of condemnation for those who break our immigration laws. You have said they should even be rewarded for doing so with anmnesty.
Why should I condemnn anyone who wants to better themselves and provide a better life for their families by moving here? That's what every immigrant who ever came he has wanted (likely including your own family). Aren't we supposed to be the greatest nation on Earth? That's what gets advertized, and then you are surprised when people believe it and come here to see if it is true? How idiotic is that?

Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM

14,307 posts, read 5,664,030 times
Quote:
Oh they are not.

Really do you know anything at all about this issue?

Only three percent work in agriculture. Most of the rest work in areas like hotel management and construction. Are you really going to argue that Americans won't build houses?

It's not that Americans won't do many of those jobs. It's that they won't do them for slave wages that won't support a single person let alone an entire family unless you live in squalor. Why on earth do you support such scabs?

Most of the world is unsafe including parts of America. In China you can get jailed for having more than one kid. Should a billion Chinese people have the right to move here?

Why or why not?

And why the hell are Americans and Americans only to be singled out for fixing Mexico's problems? Do other nations have a responsibility to do so? Do Mexicans have any responsibility to fix up their own nation at all?
That's what I would like to know. Why aren't Mexicans and other Latinos clamouring to move to Canada illegally and demoniziing them for having immigration laws? It's always the big, bad ole U.S. Most Canadians are mono-lingual English speakers also except for the French Canadians. Why are we the target of their hatred when there are more Mexicans and Latinos here both legally and illegally than any other ethnic/national groups?

Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Am I the only one who sees a problem with this statement?
Obviously. What Liquid Reigns said is the truth.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM

3,493 posts, read 1,091,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are comparing a "trip" to a foreign country to someone coming here illegally, working here and residing here for many years?
Of course he is.

By his "logic" if an American takes a quick vacation anywhere in the world the arrogant lazy monolingual racist American should obviously be required to spend years mastering the language of the natives.

But if someone from Mexico skips our immigration lines that person should be treated with compassion. And by compassion that obviously means they should never, ever have to learn another language let alone English.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM

3,450 posts, read 1,111,350 times
Quote:
Of course he is.

By his "logic" if an American takes a quick vacation anywhere in the world the arrogant lazy monolingual racist American should obviously be required to spend years mastering the language of the natives.
Hey, it isn't my fault if you go to Germany and can't speak the language and people laugh at you and point at you like you are an imbicile who "should learn the native language before coming here".

Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
OMG. I should be whipped and beaten, and tarred and feathered. I am such a bad boy.

How about illustrating that you know something about this subject before offering an opinion about it?

Quote:
You say that as if the world doesn't already know that Americans are xenophobic.
So it's wrong to insult people.

Unless those people are Americans.

Illegal alien defender logic right on sad display over there.

Quote:

No, my point is that Americans who want others to be bilingual so they can remain monolingual are lazy and xenophobic.
You have that backwards.

People who move to America and aren't bilingual in English are lazy and xenophobic.

Americans are under no moral or legal obligations to cater to their linguistic deficiencies.

Quote:
Why should I condemnn anyone who wants to better themselves and provide a better life for their families by moving here?
Who cares if they want a better life?

Name me one person who does not!

Let them get a better life for themselves by fixing up Mexico instead of invading America and hurting our citizens.

Quote:
That's what every immigrant who ever came he has wanted (likely including your own family). Aren't we supposed to be the greatest nation on Earth? That's what gets advertized, and then you are surprised when people believe it and come here to see if it is true? How idiotic is that?
My own family came here legally without safety nets under the full understanding that they would learn English and obey America laws.

How dare you compare them with criminals who refuse to do the same!

You want to come here? Do so legally. If you can't don't. It's that simple.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Hey, it isn't my fault if you go to Germany and can't speak the language and people laugh at you and point at you like you are an imbicile who "should learn the native language before coming here".
Whereas if you go to America to live and don't speak English well those evil xenophobic, lazy Americans should just learn Spanish, right?

You do understand the difference between a short vacation and actually um LIVING in another country for the rest of your life? Or do you think illegals are actually still living in Mexico when they move here?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Why should I condemnn anyone who wants to better themselves and provide a better life for their families by moving here? That's what every immigrant who ever came he has wanted (likely including your own family). Aren't we supposed to be the greatest nation on Earth? That's what gets advertized, and then you are surprised when people believe it and come here to see if it is true? How idiotic is that?
Uh, xenopobia is a fear of strangers. Just what ethnic group/nationality is a stranger to our country? We have citizens and legal immigrants of all of the above. So the whole world views us as xenophobics even though we take in more legal immigrants per year than any other country in the world? What language Americans choose to speak has nothing to do with xenophobia. Most of these illegals come here only knowing one language. Why aren't you calling them xenophobes?

No one has the right to a better life at the expense of the rightful citizens of this country and by breaking laws to do so. Please stop blurring the lines between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien. They are entirely different things. We will no longer be the greatest nation on earth if we allow every needy person to move here. We would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg and committing national suicide and then where would all these needy go? That is what would be idiotic.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I don't know of any country in the world that demonizes "tourists" for not knowing their native language. Most tourists learn just a few words to get by and will carry a translation handbook of that country's language. You are grasping at straws now.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know of any country in the world that demonizes "tourists" for not knowing their native language. Most tourists learn just a few words to get by and will carry a translation handbook of that country's language. You are grasping at straws now.
Yeah.

I run into tourists all the time. I'm polite to them even when they obviously know no words of English. They're dumping money into the economy so hurray for them.

Under a certain person's logic I should clearly shout insults at them instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration