U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Of course he is.

By his "logic" if an American takes a quick vacation anywhere in the world the arrogant lazy monolingual racist American should obviously be required to spend years mastering the language of the natives.

But if someone from Mexico skips our immigration lines that person should be treated with compassion. And by compassion that obviously means they should never, ever have to learn another language let alone English.
There are millions of illegal aliens in this country and they aren't all Spanish speakers. Should every American learn 12 different languages to accomodate them? I don't think so. Most legal immigrants are bi-lingual and we have the common language of English to communicate with them. So why would we have to learn their languages? I never read so much hate and contempt of Americans in my life as there is in this thread and I am done responding to it.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:33 PM

3,579 posts, read 2,646,428 times
[quote=Eleanora1;23318871]How about illustrating that you know something about this subject before offering an opinion about it?[/quoe]

Oh how quaint. Eleanora (isn't that a Spanish name?) pretends to be some kind of expert on Mexican immigration.

Quote:
So it's wrong to insult people.
Just stating the facts.

Quote:
People who move to America and aren't bilingual in English are lazy and xenophobic.
As I recall, southern slave owners used to say the exact same thing about their slaves. Congratulations. Are you going to make a motion for a national lynching of illegals next?

Quote:
Who cares if they want a better life?
Right. As I recall, you took offense to being called a Christian. That explains a lot.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There are millions of illegal aliens in this country and they aren't all Spanish speakers. Should every American learn 12 different languages to accomodate them? I don't think so. Most legal immigrants are bi-lingual and we have the common language of English to communicate with them. So why would we have to learn their languages? I never read so much hate and contempt of Americans in my life as there is in this thread and I am done responding to it.
Adios amigo.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:25 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Oh how quaint. Eleanora (isn't that a Spanish name?) pretends to be some kind of expert on Mexican immigration.

Just stating the facts.

As I recall, southern slave owners used to say the exact same thing about their slaves. Congratulations. Are you going to make a motion for a national lynching of illegals next?
So now Americans who think people should obey our immigration laws and take English lessons before they move here are slave owners in favor of lynching?

What the hell?

How can you possibly compare African Americans dragged here against their will with Mexican nationals who cross our borders without permission of their own free will?

Do you or do you not think people should obey our immigration laws? Do you or do you not think that anyone who moves here should be fluent in English? Do you or do you not think that the entire world should be allowed to move here even if they are likely to pose a fiscal burden on American taxpayers? Or is that course of action only reserved for Mexicans because they think parts of their country sucks?

Why?

Quote:
Right. As I recall, you took offense to being called a Christian. That explains a lot.
I took offense at being stereotyped by someone allegedly whining about stereotyped. Are you at all fluent in English?

I would like to know what you mean by that last sentence. Are you implying that Christian means that one is a good person?

The only explaination for your own stance is that you are either a) an illegal b) related to illegals c) not fluent in English d) trolling or e) have serious isssues with reading comprehension and English. Possibly all five as that would explain matters.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 PM

499 posts, read 482,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree with you so much! And I'm not American

Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So now Americans who think people should obey our immigration laws and take English lessons before they move here are slave owners in favor of lynching?

What the hell?

I think you are a bigot, yes. Does that clear things up any?

Old 03-08-2012, 05:11 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
The issue is that "your opinion" has been diss-proven over and over, and yet you cling to it like some safety blanket. To call Eleanora a bigot based on your diss-proven opinion shows a bit of ignorance on your part. You being inane isn't an excuse.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
What?

Calling someone who doesn't want amnesty for illegal aliens is a bigot? My family is mostly Irish and I DON"T even want family members here if they're illegal. I guess that makes me a bigot as well. LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Why?

I've stated that I want our immigration laws enforced. I've stated that no foreign national has the inherent right to violate them. I've stated that foreign nationals who want to move here should take English lessons before they arrive.

A rational person would agree with me. An irrational person would accuse me of bigotry based on those stances.

FYI, I'm not surprised you resort to accusations of racism. That's the only card the pro-illegal camp has to play in defense of illegals. They can't defend them economically because latino high school drop outs aren't of any economic benefit even in their own countries. They can't defend them morally because there's no inherent moral right to overrule American democracy. They can't defend them legally because there's no legal basis to let millions of foreign nationals dictate our immigration laws. They can't defend them on the basis of compassion as it is not compassionate to let our own citizens face increased burdens to solve Mexico's problems.

So of course they play it.

If it makes you any happier I think you're ignorant on this subject. I think you should stop posting on this subject. I think you should take reading comprehension lessons, look up the real meaning of the word bigot in the dictionary and apologize to me when you're done.

I also have a lot of other thoughts about you but I'm classy enough not to voice them.

Last edited by Eleanora1; 03-08-2012 at 05:35 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
The issue is that "your opinion" has been diss-proven over and over, and yet you cling to it like some safety blanket. To call Eleanora a bigot based on your diss-proven opinion shows a bit of ignorance on your part. You being inane isn't an excuse.
I hope Eleanora has reported his insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration