U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
New Mexico (if YOu haven't noticed) is a great deal more laid back on such ethnic incidents than many other places. I think we have a more balanced outlook here, compared to the other locations of the United States (and I've been all over) I have seen. A "sympathizer of Mexicans whether they be legal or illegal"?

The laughs just keep getting better today...

I've said before, there is absolutely no one I have met that I can definitively identify as having been an illegal alien. Especially for the Hispanics of New Mexico, whom wouldn't like to be considered "illegal" in their own native country. I get so lost by how other members here label me and the great people around that I have had the blessing to know.
Yes, it is amusing how you constantly defend Mexicans (both legal and illegal) in here but deny that you are a sympathizer. I don't recall anyone saying that you hang out with illegal Mexicans or other Hispanics just that you are the above. It isn't the native Spanish-Americans we are talking about in New Mexico or anywhere else in this country. It is illegal Mexicans and other illegals.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-23-2012 at 07:01 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
New Mexico (if YOu haven't noticed) is a great deal more laid back on such ethnic incidents than many other places. I think we have a more balanced outlook here, compared to the other locations of the United States (and I've been all over) I have seen. A "sympathizer of Mexicans whether they be legal or illegal"?

The laughs just keep getting better today...

I've said before, there is absolutely no one I have met that I can definitively identify as having been an illegal alien. Especially for the Hispanics of New Mexico, whom wouldn't like to be considered "illegal" in their own native country. I get so lost by how other members here label me and the great people around that I have had the blessing to know.
I assume they were born here. If so, this is their native country. Otherwise, no, it is not.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:02 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, it is amusing how you constantly defend Mexicans (both legal and illegal) in here but deny that you are a sympathizer. I don't recall anyone saying that you hang out with illegal Mexicans just that you are the above. It isn't the native Spanish-Americans we are talking about in New Mexico or anywhere else in this country. It is illegal Mexicans and other illegals.
LOL, at YOu calling them "Spanish-Americans"...

Especially LOL at YOu constantly identifying Mexicans collectively with illegal aliens...

Read YOur first sentence again, why would I need to defend Mexicans that are legally immigrating to the United States here, unless there is something else that is not being said?...

Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Especially LOL at YOu constantly identifying Mexicans collectively with illegal aliens...

Read YOur first sentence again, why would I need to defend Mexicans that are legally immigrating to the United States here, unless there is something else that is not being said?...
What is your objection to the term Spanish-Americans? It just means Americans of Spanish ancestry. I have never said that all Mexicans are here illegally....never! Your defense of legal Mexicans is that they should be allowed to "continue" to come here in larger numbers than other legal immigrants. I disagree with that. Diversity, remember?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I assume they were born here. If so, this is their native country. Otherwise, no, it is not.
Hispanics typically have had Grandparents born here, but the Wisconquistas think they can turn Arizona into being "Snowbird" white...

See, Wisconquistas come down in the Winters to get out of the cold (and are allowed to vote in Arizona, when they are just part-time residents), and wondered what all of these "Mexicans" are doing in the United States...

If Election Day was in the Summertime, when it is ungodly hot, and they are back in their native states, the votes of certain "Wis-pandering" politicians would be much lower...

Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Hispanics typically have had Grandparents born here, but the Wisconquistas think they can turn Arizona into being "Snowbird" white...

See, Wisconquistas come down in the Winters to get out of the cold (and are allowed to vote in Arizona, when they are just part-time residents), and wondered what all of these "Mexicans" are doing in the United States...

If Election Day was in the Summertime, when it is ungodly hot, and they are back in their native states, the votes of certain "Wis-pandering" politicians would be much lower...
Arizona is already dominantly made up of non-hispanic whites so I don't know how the Wisonconite snowbirds could turn it into something that it already is.

Arizona QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

In the above demographic facts about Arizona. White-non hispanics make up 57.8% of the population and persons of Hispanic or Latino origin only make up 29.6% of the population.

If you have a problem with them being able to vote based on their part-time residence there then take it up with the Arizona government.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:12 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
They were Christians right? Isn't there a commandment that says something about not killing people or stealing or something like that? Not really into fiction but I heard that somewhere.

As for breaking the law you are right no law was broken so killing people and stealing land was okay. Screw Native Americans. Sorry for the post.
You admit that there were no laws in the day. So why is thread in the illegal immigration forum? You admit that there were no laws therefore illegal immigration was impossible,
As to the past.
1492 Columbus discovered land on the other side of the Atlantic.
What followed was expansion. The natives here did it, the white man did it. In the day it was who ever was strongest won.
500 years later.
There are laws. Local state federal and international.
You attempt to use a poor excuse. Yeah well thats how you guys did it back then so we should be allowed to do it now.
We did many things then that we would never do now. About 150 years ago we fought a war to end slavery. Should we return to that?
The bottom line is that today we are protected by international law. We are allowed to determine our own immigration laws.
We don't owe a single illegal anything but to be held accountable for breaking our laws.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:35 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You admit that there were no laws in the day. So why is thread in the illegal immigration forum? You admit that there were no laws therefore illegal immigration was impossible,
As to the past.
1492 Columbus discovered land on the other side of the Atlantic.
What followed was expansion. The natives here did it, the white man did it. In the day it was who ever was strongest won.
500 years later.
There are laws. Local state federal and international.
You attempt to use a poor excuse. Yeah well thats how you guys did it back then so we should be allowed to do it now.
We did many things then that we would never do now. About 150 years ago we fought a war to end slavery. Should we return to that?
The bottom line is that today we are protected by international law. We are allowed to determine our own immigration laws.
We don't owe a single illegal anything but to be held accountable for breaking our laws.
Bravo! Good points all.

A few native American Indian nations DID have fixed homes like the Pueblo; most of the others were nomads and nomads as a group have NO property rights, they either fight or stay out of each other's way.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:07 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Quote:

Why bring up legal or citizen Hispanics, when the beef of the vast majority of people is clearly (probably 90%+) with ILLEGAL Hispanics.

The way you write, it appears you believe ALL Hispanics (shorthand for Mexican?) in the Southwest are "in their native country".

If you're trying to convince people that you simply can't tell the difference between a legal Hispanic family whose family has been here for generations and one that has just arrived two weeks ago on the back of a semi truck illegally.... that's a REAL hard sell. Legal Hispanic families (especially ones with roots) are often highly Americanized culturally. I can take you to the "Hispanic" section of my town and if we were playing "guess who's illegal" I'd probably be right 75-80% of the time, because I am sensitive to cultural and behaviorial clues.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 AM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Illegal Immigrants. Ask the Native Americans. You are all hypocrites and are the descendants of illegal immigrants. Of course back then they where called Pioneers and Explorers but it's the same difference.
While North America was inhabited by a variety of peoples, both native and others, these United States were founded by those 13 colonies and their representatives independent of the British Crown who drew up the legal documents that defined our nation and fought the war for Independence.

I suggest the OP go back and read something other than revisionist history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration