Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 03:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Illegal Immigrants. Ask the Native Americans. You are all hypocrites and are the descendants of illegal immigrants. Of course back then they where called Pioneers and Explorers but it's the same difference.
When you can show me the document that states that there was a legal method in place to enter the Nations territories then I will agree. "Illegal" only has meaning if their is a law behind it. We likely can agree that when treaties were negotiated with the Nations they were ignored and broken by the United States. Calling European explorers and settlers illegal immigrants is simply another tool used by the left to thumb their nose at our laws in order to advance their political agenda.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:30 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Most of the Mexican nationals who come here are more native than Spanish conqueror. The descendants of the conquistadores have no reason to leave Mexico, as they have most of the wealth and land.
So?

You're still admitting that many if not most have some Spanish blood. As such they are descended from Spanish illegals. Meanwhile, ironically, many if not most posters here are either descended from slaves (like Benicar) or from legal immigrants like myself.

Mexican nationals, even if they have some relatives who were Indians, still have no inherent right to violate American immigration laws nor does the Mexican government have the right to dictate American immigration policy.

Do you agree with that statement?

Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
No, I don't support or oppose Mexican illegal immigration. I am just pointing out the ironies. People who are so against it are descended from illegals themselves.
Yeah sure. You have no dog in this race. Yeah, I'm a believer. I am not descended from illegals. My ancestors came here after the U.S. was established as a country and they came through Ellis Island. They weren't here when the conflicts with the native indians was happening. No, we are against illegal immigration because in these modern day times borders have been drawn and governments established with immigration laws.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So?

You're still admitting that many if not most have some Spanish blood. As such they are descended from Spanish illegals. Meanwhile, ironically, many if not most posters here are either descended from slaves (like Benicar) or from legal immigrants like myself.
You could say that about most African Americans (like Benicar) in the sense that AAs are also partially descended from the illegal European settlers. But it matters not in their case. I understand that American blacks can feel certain ways about today's immigration dilemma, just that they are not descendants of immigrants or invaders themselves.

Quote:
Mexican nationals, even if they have some relatives who were Indians, still have no inherent right to violate American immigration laws nor does the Mexican government have the right to dictate American immigration policy.

Do you agree with that statement?
I certainly agree with the bolded, and even the first part of the statement makes sense. But again you cannot escape the ironies I have pointed out as well.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah sure. You have no dog in this race.
I don't.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a believer. I am not descended from illegals. My ancestors came here after the U.S. was established as a country and they came through Ellis Island. They weren't here when the conflicts with the native indians was happening. No, we are against illegal immigration because in these modern day times borders have been drawn and governments established with immigration laws.
OK.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Most of the Mexican nationals who come here are more native than Spanish conqueror. The descendants of the conquistadores have no reason to leave Mexico, as they have most of the wealth and land.
No, most of the Mexican nationals that come here are Mestizos. A mix of native indian and Spanish or other European stock. 60% of Mexicans are Mestizos.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
No, most of the Mexican nationals that come here are Mestizos. A mix of native indian and Spanish or other European stock. 60% of Mexicans are Mestizos.
Probably more than 60%. As well, there's really not much difference between a Mestizo who is mostly Native and an indio. It's language and culture more than DNA. Most Mexicans in this country, especially those who come here illegally, are from working class/poor backgrounds, and those people are overwhelmingly of indigenous background, be they technically mestizo or not.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
You could say that about most African Americans (like Benicar) in the sense that AAs are also partially descended from the illegal European settlers. But it matters not in their case. I understand that American blacks can feel certain ways about today's immigration dilemma, just that they are not descendants of immigrants or invaders themselves.

I certainly agree with the bolded, and even the first part of the statement makes sense. But again you cannot escape the ironies I have pointed out as well.
There are no ironies. As Eleanora and myself have pointed out most of our ancestors came here well after this country was established as the U.S. Today every country has immigration laws regardess of their past histories. Why does it matter so much to you if you have no dog in this race anyways?

Old 02-28-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
There are no ironies. As Eleanora and myself have pointed out most of our ancestors came here well after this country was established as the U.S. Today every country has immigration laws regardess of their past histories. Why does it matter so much to you if you have no dog in this race anyways?
It doesn't. This is a discussion forum, and I like having discussions.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Probably more than 60%. As well, there's really not much difference between a Mestizo who is mostly Native and an indio. It's language and culture more than DNA. Most Mexicans in this country, especially those who come here illegally, are from working class/poor backgrounds, and those people are overwhelmingly of indigenous background, be they technically mestizo or not.
It doesn't matter what you want to claim what their background is. They also have a background of being part Spanish "invader" as you call it. Please provide proof that those coming here illegally are more indio than Spanish and what difference does it make anyways. They are still violating our immigration laws. Language and culture? Uh, where did the Spanish language come from if not Spain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration