Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why?

I've stated that I want our immigration laws enforced. I've stated that no foreign national has the inherent right to violate them. I've stated that foreign nationals who want to move here should take English lessons before they arrive.
I agree wirth all of the above except the last part. Furthermore, nowhere in our immigreation laws are immigrants required to learn English before coming to the states. Just because you want them to doesn't mean that they have to do it. You don't get to make that decision.

Quote:
A rational person would agree with me. An irrational person would accuse me of bigotry based on those stances.
But since my accusation was not based on any of what you stated above, whatever point you thought you were making here is moot.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:33 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
I agree wirth all of the above except the last part. Furthermore, nowhere in our immigreation laws are immigrants required to learn English before coming to the states. Just because you want them to doesn't mean that they have to do it. You don't get to make that decision.

But since my accusation was not based on any of what you stated above, whatever point you thought you were making here is moot.
Illegals aren't immigrants.

And, as an American voter, I most certainly get to make American laws. Me. Not some foreign national or Carlos Slim or Vincente Fox or Felipe Calderon. Me and my fellow Americans and we alone. So yes, I get a say in public policy on immigration. I find it ludicrous that you seem to think otherwise. Get over it.

You're a complete hypocrite. You call Americans lazy xenophobes for not learning another language even though almost none of us will immigrate to another country let alone immigrate there in violation of their laws. Yet you offer no such criticism to those who voluntarily move here and still remain ignorant of another language.

Your accusation of bigotry is simply a laughable delusion nearly utterly unworthy of response. It is typical of the pro-illegal side. They have almost nothing to say other than anyone who dares disagree with them is a truly and deeply fundamentally bad person.

As someone who really has experienced real bigotry in the form of both sexism and anti-Semitism I find your accusations of bigotry against me because I dared disagree with your idiotic stance on illegal immigration simply contemptuous. You have literally no idea what the insult means so you might want to stop using it. You're cheapening the debate. You're also illustrating that it is nearly impossible to debate this issue with the pro-illegals in any rational manner.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
But you know that won't happen because they are the ones picking our food and doing those other jobs you refuse to do. So why do you make such an unrealistic demand that you know isn't going to happen?

And not all of them are here solely for jobs. I think you know this. The propaganda you are pushing that Mexico is safe comes from naivity. If you believe it is so safe, I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is.
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to pay for their illegal stay here???

Your all over the map with your pity party BS. First it's a rewrite of history, then a discussion on linguistics that have NO bearing on an issue in the illegal alien forum.

And then you top it off with more sob story BS.

BTW send them the hell back we can easily find LEGAL immigrants to pick our food.

Just because an illiterate illegal alien let's puts himself into a position ILLEGALLY and gets talken advantage of , it's his/her own doing.

Cry to Calderon and to the other people responsible for these lawbreakers, that's where the blame lies and quit with the lame, Liberal, pro- illegal, anti American excuses.

Simple solutions: Foolow the laws, Enforce the laws.... Problem solved.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:

You know what?

Either back up your accusations of bigotry with evidence (which you can't!) or apologize. Because the last time I was accused of bigotry in this forum was by someone whining that I dared use the name Pedro to refer to an illegal even though the name of the illegal in question was, in fact Pedro.

I'll give him this: he had the grace to apologize.

To paraphrase a widely published author on this subject what's a bigot? A bigot is anyone winning an argument with a pro-illegal. You are doing much to demonstrate that obvious and extremely frustrating truth.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Illegals aren't immigrants.
im·mi·grant(m-grnt)
n. 1. A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another.

Whether or not they arrive here illegally is irrelevant to the fact that they came here to live and work here.

Quote:
And, as an American voter, I most certainly get to make American laws.
Really? And what laws have you made lately?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to pay for their illegal stay here???
As opposed to paying for you to stay here?

Quote:
Your all over the map with your pity party BS.
Well, you can count on me to never accuse conservatives of having pity for anyone but themselves.

Quote:
BTW send them the hell back we can easily find LEGAL immigrants to pick our food.
Well, then, have at it. Good luck with that endeavor.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
You know what?

Either back up your accusations of bigotry with evidence (which you can't!) or apologize.
You've done that for me. All one need do is to read your posts.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
im·mi·grant(m-grnt)

Whether or not they arrive here illegally is irrelevant to the fact that they came here to live and work here.

Illegals are not immigrants. If you can be deported you are not here permanently. Therefore you are not an immigrant but a transient. And, in their case, a criminal. Whether they are here legally is the entire point. If they are here illegally and working that means they are in violation of multiple American laws including those governing taxes and employment. Or do you think foreign nationals should get to override not only our immigration laws but our employment laws as well?

I vote. Illegals don't. Pols might want to remember that.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
You've done that for me. All one need do is to read your posts.
In other words you have nothing. Either back your ludicrous accusations with actual evidence or apologize to me.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Quote:
im·mi·grant(m-grnt)

They are called illegal aliens.

"1. an illegal immigrant.

2. a criminal.

3. an individual criminally pretending to be a citizen of a nation for economic gain and/or political subterfuge in said nation, and lacks loyalty to said nation.

4. a selfish and/or cowardly person unwilling to positively change the socio-economic and political problems in his/her own country in order to benefit everyone, including him/herself, and thus runs away to another country to hide.

5. a loser.

By violating a country's immigration laws illegal aliens (illegal immigrants) prove themselves to be criminals by disrespecting the laws of the country they are trespassing into. And also by such action(s) illegal aliens (illegal immigrants) also prove that they do not believe in the rule of law.

Illegal aliens (illegal immigrants) often try to proclaim they have civil rights equal to the citizens, of the nation they have trespassed. They do not have civil rights outside of their respective countries of origin except by international treaties.

Illegal immigrants (illegal aliens) proclaim they pay income taxes to the government. They cannot do so as they do not have legitimate tax payer ids with which to do so. The tax payer ids illegal immigrants (illegal aliens) use are stolen - e.g. identity theft."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration