Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

As voters in Arizona and Michigan were voting in their states’ GOP primaries Tuesday, Democrats fired another round of criticism about front-runner Mitt Romney and what they say is his hostility to Latinos.

A week after President Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee focused their GOP-targeted criticism on the former Massachusetts governor and his hard line on immigration, other Democratic leaders are keeping alive the message to Latinos that a Romney presidency would be detrimental to Latinos.

Democrats Hit Romney as Anti-Latino as Arizona and Michigan Vote | Fox News Latino

Lets see, so wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced is being anti-Latino?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 06:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As voters in Arizona and Michigan were voting in their states’ GOP primaries Tuesday, Democrats fired another round of criticism about front-runner Mitt Romney and what they say is his hostility to Latinos.

A week after President Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee focused their GOP-targeted criticism on the former Massachusetts governor and his hard line on immigration, other Democratic leaders are keeping alive the message to Latinos that a Romney presidency would be detrimental to Latinos.

Democrats Hit Romney as Anti-Latino as Arizona and Michigan Vote | Fox News Latino

Lets see, so wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced is being anti-Latino?
Shaking my head here. What gets me is many American Hispanics have LOTS to lose with any sort of amnesty but their tribal attitude blinds them.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
And Romney is latino -- his ancestors came from Mexico.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Hmmmmm I am confused.
On one hand to link hispanics with illegals is bad.
On the other to be anti-illegal means to be anti hispanic?????/
Help me out, which is it????

Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmmmm I am confused.
On one hand to link hispanics with illegals is bad.
On the other to be anti-illegal means to be anti hispanic?????/
Help me out, which is it????
Cesar Chavez himself was against illegal immigration.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Have to disagree here, malamute. Romney was born here and was never raised in any latino country or culture. My ancestors came from Poland but my nationality isn't Polish nor have I adopted the Polish culture.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Have to disagree here, malamute. Romney was born here and was never raised in any latino country or culture. My ancestors came from Poland but my nationality isn't Polish nor have I adopted the Polish culture.
But "Mexican-Americans" born in the USA are considered "latinos".

Anyone with ancestors from a Spanish speaking nation except for Spain itself is a "latino" or "hispanic". I don't really know why but that's the way it is.

They don't have to speak Spanish, they can be white or black or mixed but just from having ancestors from a Spanish speaking nation they are labeled that way.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
You and I know that but la raza gags at the idea of a Chicano with NO Spanish or Mexican Indian blood so they won't accept Mitt. The "crazier" part is Mitt still has family living Mexico who are just as "Mexican" as a dark brown skin Indian.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
But "Mexican-Americans" born in the USA are considered "latinos".

Anyone with ancestors from a Spanish speaking nation except for Spain itself is a "latino" or "hispanic". I don't really know why but that's the way it is.

They don't have to speak Spanish, they can be white or black or mixed but just from having ancestors from a Spanish speaking nation they are labeled that way.
Yeah, according to those latinos who are always looking southward as their home country rather than this one. They label themselves that way. To my knowledge Romney has no Spanish or indio blood either. Nor does he consider himself to be latino or Mexican-American. Those who would label him that way are just looking to make a connection between Romney and Mexico or the Latino culture because it serves an agenda with them.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
I am one who actually respects this man and his stance. Because of that very fact.

He does not feel that his ancestory history, are above any laws, i do respect that very much.
He could be someone who very easily caves in, and promises this and that, and garbage about some falsehood on HOPE N' CHANGE.
And i have some spanish blood in me from Spain, what i hate is any race, who feels they are above the law, and are entitled to entitlements.
Maybe he will lose the hispanic vote because of that fact, but for me, i respect him more. You see i think each cutlure is special, and not a one should be demanding, and for those who cave into them, i loathe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration