U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2012, 04:31 AM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,424,072 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakwak View Post
Funny. The video cites Hispanics...not illegal Hispanics.

Everybody miss that?
Obviously, you missed the signs the marchers were carrying which are clearly in protest of illegal immigration. Why would black people protest the fact that there are hispanics in this country?

Why is it that you're all just hispanics when you are considered a large voting block or in support of each other because it increases your population in this country? Yet, you consider it racist when you are lumped together with the illegals many of you embrace and support because you are the largest populatiion of illegals in this country?

Talk about wanting to have it both ways.

 
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
They hate them too.
Who's they? The only problem I have with Hispanic-Americans or any other Americans in regards to illegal immigration are those who think their ethnic group or any other illegals should be above our immigration laws and then rewarded for violating them. And you find this unreasonable? And there is no need for strong words like "hate" either.
 
Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Your point is? It seems hard for you hardliners to comprehend, but people do and can have differing views on this issue.
Hardliner would be wanting to NOT give American Hispanics the same rights as other Americans. Wanting ILLEGAL aliens sent home isn't hardline.
 
Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Reputation: 22163
ANYONE who cares about the wages and jobs of the American people would be against all this massive illegal immigration, as well as anyone who cares about having the government cut back on some of the big spending.

It's a fact that millions of third grade drop outs, illiterates who cannot learn English cannot move to this high-cost-of-living country and have very large numbers of kids without a whole lot of government assistance.

And of course Americans are being sent to live in tent cities while illegals are being given very nice Section 8 housing -- who wouldn't be a little upset about that?
 
Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
ANYONE who cares about the wages and jobs of the American people would be against all this massive illegal immigration, as well as anyone who cares about having the government cut back on some of the big spending.

It's a fact that millions of third grade drop outs, illiterates who cannot learn English cannot move to this high-cost-of-living country and have very large numbers of kids without a whole lot of government assistance.

And of course Americans are being sent to live in tent cities while illegals are being given very nice Section 8 housing -- who wouldn't be a little upset about that?
Another thing that irritates me is all these tax dollars are being spent on illegal aliens when veteran's benefits are being cut or nearly impossible to get and our seniors struggling to survive. I am not in either position but I know many veterans and seniors who are begging for help but can't get any from our government because we are broke. One of the reasons is that we are giving illegal aliens and their kids all kinds of help instead. Sickening!
 
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,555,160 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not good at all. I'm quite sick of la raza and their friends trying to hijack the Civil Rights Movement of Dr King and I'm NOT Black.
The Civil Rights Movements were about rights denied to people who were law abiding American citizens.

The Illegal Immigrant Movement is about people who are illegally in the country, disregard the laws, protected by government, wanting the same rights as Americans.

Illegals have nothing to justify linking themselves with the Civil Rights Movements.
 
Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,555,160 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
ANYONE who cares about the wages and jobs of the American people would be against all this massive illegal immigration,
Things come in cycles. If illegals were given amnesty and the chance to get the green card that would entitle them to the same wages and benefits, at a cost to the employer, that every legal resident and citizen is entitled to. But, right behind these newly documented immigrants is the next wave of illegals that will be crossing over to take jobs from them. And so goes the cycle.

In addition, they will also probably "sponsor" family members and bring them in to the US, who will overstay their visa and remain in the country illegally. And so goes the cycle.

Things will not get better giving illegals amnesty, it will only get worse.
 
Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
isnt Black America always mad?
Why of course! That's why, as an always mad black American, I'm laughing at your post.
 
Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 AM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,735,410 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The Civil Rights Movements were about rights denied to people who were law abiding American citizens.
.
Weren't many civil rights activists, like MLK and Rosa Parks arrested?
 
Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,462,455 times
Reputation: 47456
smart AA know and can see what has happened. the card has been stolen. and what were AA neighborhoods are now barrios. either by force or crowding out, all major cities have experienced massive demographic change. most however keep thinking they are the victim of white flight or gentrification never realizing that the wasps have done an end run and displaced them with 20 million illegal mexican people. this is the fate of those who are convinced that one race is the source of all their woes. they become blind to current and present threats coming from another direction. illegal immigration = social engineering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top