Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times

Advertisements

If you are going to claim to want to keep families together, you better mean it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
was Sanitarium full of crap when he said this? My main issue with Sanitorium is his hypocritical two faced crocodile tears about keeping families together

"I was blessed to have a mother and a father, I had two parents together who loved me. Unfortunately in America we see the family break down. What we can do as the federal government is to promote the family.. to make sure fathers and mothers are there to take care of their families and be there for their children" -- Rick Sanitorium"
So???

A family can go back home TOGETHER.

Just because someone has made it over the border in time to give birth does not mean the infant cannot go home with the mother when she is returned home.

Mexico in fact gives Mexican citizenship to the children of Mexican citizens, no matter where they were born.

Not only can the family stay together, it can rejoin their loved ones they left back home. Family values don't exist only in the USA and certainly not just to illegals. Illegals who love their kids will certainly not abandon them here.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So???
So he says he wants to break up families , yet he is pro family.

WTF??

You can be anti illegal immigrant who wants to break up families, you can be pro family that wants to keep families together, you can't be both

Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
He's gone from appealing to religious zealots to appealing to xenophobes, well one would say that both groups overlap.

Santorum tells tea party group he'd be willing to break up illegal immigrant families - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
I think Santorum's time in the sun is coming to an end. A campaign based on spiritual superiority can only get you so far. My guess is that Romney will reclaim the spotlight. I wish it was Ron Paul's turn, but it is not looking good for him, as the media keeps marginalizing him.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
If you are going to claim to want to keep families together, you better mean it.
Their choice really.

I don't think illegal families must be kept together only in the USA.

But no -- there is no law that even legal immigrants must bring in their entire clan when they come here, immigrants very frequently leave behind friends and family members to come here.

Americans also take job transfers that have them living apart from their cousins, aunts, uncles and so on. So what?

Do you care one iota about the millions of children abandoned by these illegals when they headed north? And yes, millions.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:45 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
It's really no surprise to me that the man is a viper, willing to strike venom into the hearts of any group outside himself, in order to win favor among those he views as able to benefit him. Is he really any different than any other of the Republican candidates?

I have really lost respect for the GOP in the past 20 years. I don't know how it came to be that they've fostered this pool of hatred to feed themselves on and seemingly thrive.

If I were to believe in the Anti-Christ, I would be starting to think it was coming from this group that so strongly holds the "moral" high ground.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:

WTF??

You can be anti illegal immigrant who wants to break up families, you can be pro family that wants to keep families together, you can't be both
You can be both. NOTHING, but NOTHING stops the illegals from returning home with their USA born babies and toddlers and school aged children. Nothing.

If illegals are threatening to ditch their kids if they are deported -- well guess what -- they ditched a whole lot of kids when they left them to come here.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
It's really no surprise to me that the man is a viper, willing to strike venom into the hearts of any group outside himself, in order to win favor among those he views as able to benefit him. Is he really any different than any other of the Republican candidates?

I have really lost respect for the GOP in the past 20 years. I don't know how it came to be that they've fostered this pool of hatred to feed themselves on and seemingly thrive.

If I were to believe in the Anti-Christ, I would be starting to think it was coming from this group that so strongly holds the "moral" high ground.
Do you support illegal immigration and all it entails? Do you support whole families being split up because of irresponsible and illegal actions by the parents?

This is a national problem, not a Dem/GOP problem.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:

WTF??

I'm sure you're bright enough to understand that circumstances such as illegal behavior may require a different response. By your rationale, he would have say that nobody could be incarcertated or he's not really for families.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Honestly, where does Santorum get off (or anyone for that matter) saying that they have the right to break up a family just because they don't agree with them?

How would they like it if some government agency came in and broke their family up? I bet they'd be all up in arms and calling Obama a Nazi or some other hateful words of the sort.

What a bigot.
If I break a law and get sentenced to jail will the authorities give one second's thought to breaking up my family or will they cart me off and lock me up? Why should illegal aliens get special treatment in the same regard? It's not a matter of disagreeing with them. It's a matter of they violated the law. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration